neuropathy

Options
Stellamary
Stellamary Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am suffering from neuropathy; I have some questions or want feedback. How long does it stay -nerve pain in toes from Taxol drug.

Comments

• Engteacher
    Engteacher Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I cannot answer your question, but just finished A/C and ended up in the hospital with acute bleeding colitis b/c of it and am wonder how "bad" is Taxol..besides the neuropathy what else did you experience. I think my chemo will have to be delayed a bit because of the colon problem and the next decision is Taxol or Taxotere? This is rough stuff and it seems unsurmountable at times--like when I was in the ER last weekend.
  • Sandis
    Sandis Member Posts: 85
    Options
    I fihished Taxol in August and have mild neuropathy in my right foot. It has gotten steadily better and it doesn't interfere with my life. Every one is different. Some have no problems at all, some have neuropathy that goes away quickly, and some have permanent problems. I guess we can just hope we're in the "goes away quickly" group. Sandi
  • vac
    vac Member Posts: 97
    Options
    Sandis said:

I fihished Taxol in August and have mild neuropathy in my right foot. It has gotten steadily better and it doesn't interfere with my life. Every one is different. Some have no problems at all, some have neuropathy that goes away quickly, and some have permanent problems. I guess we can just hope we're in the "goes away quickly" group. Sandi

i finished april 2003 i have mild neuropathy in my hands and feet and i get really bad feet and leg cramps
  • AngelBaby
    AngelBaby Member Posts: 47
    Options
    My experience with taxotere was similar to torture but as my oncologist told me everyone is different. I had the pleasure of being "different". I experienced an allergic reaction or hypersensitivity to the drug. Make sure than you talk to your doctor immediately if any numbness, tingling or difficulty using your fingers occurs. I am 3 mos out and still have numbness in hands and feet. Along with various degress of chemical burn. I have to say that it is getting better day by day for which I am grateful. I'm not trying to scare you or anything like that...I just wish that he explained the rare side effects that can and do happen. Take care. Karen
  • npdlr
    npdlr Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I too did not find Taxol to be an eay drug to tolerate. But it was so different from my AC chemo that it was a welcome change. No nausea or poisoned feeling. Just a lot of discomfort. It turns you into an old woman overnight. Luckily, it does not last and the side effects of stiffness and neuropathy fade w/ time. It takes many months. I found that exercise during Taxol actually made my pain worse. Now that it is over, however, yoga has been my sanity each morning to get the circulation going and stiffness to ease. I highly recommend it. I really did not want to take Taxol but my Dr put it to me in blunt terms, either you do everything you can to fight this diease or you increase your chances of dying. So it became a no brainer. I now am glad that I did it. At least I know that I have done everything that I could to live! Good luck. Ask for pain meds to tolerate the discomfort.
  • DeeNY711
    DeeNY711 Member Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    vac said:

i finished april 2003 i have mild neuropathy in my hands and feet and i get really bad feet and leg cramps

Vac, request that your potassium level be checked.