Please, can any one help!

TKB
TKB Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
This is my first time on this site and I am hoping someone out there can help me. I have been fighting metastasized breast cancer for 1 1/2 years. I had a lumpectomy, 4 rounds of AC, then radiation. One year later they found two new lumps in my breast, two under my arm, and four in my lung. Since that time I have had 15 more rounds of chemo (all different kinds) and the cancer just keeps growing. My doctor (from the University of Chicago) told me Friday that she has never seen a cancer so resistant to chemo. So, this brings me to all of you. Have any of you ever experienced this? If so, where did you go for treatment? I will travel anywhere! I am desperate for a cure. I feel as though time is running out for me.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

TKB

Comments

• DeeNY711
    DeeNY711 Member Posts: 476 Member
    I'm so glad that you have found this message board. I know you will find people who can help you with the questions you asked. There are a number of people here who have been navigating metastasized breast cancer for over 5 years. Remember that there are always new things coming "down the 'pike" as far as treatment options for metastasized cancer. I hope this will help until other messages are posted for you.
    Love,
    Denise
  • hummingbyrd
    hummingbyrd Member Posts: 950 Member
    Try cancer.gov they have live help and you can search for clinical trials.
    I would look into the VEGF drugs, they cut off blood supply to the tumor.
    I've had bone mets since 8/01 so don't give up hope.
    Through God all things are possible.
    hummingbyrd
  • jeancmici
    jeancmici Member Posts: 665 Member
    Wondering if you had the test for HER2neu when you had the lumpectomy. That would make the cancer more resistant to a lot - I am dealing with the same thing.

Are you in the Chicago area or is it that your oncologist is from that area. A comprehensive cancer center ought to be your best bet, but a curious conscientious oncologist is invaluable too. A warning - don't be sucked into any place which promises a cure - there is none with mets - but there is remission and shrinkage of tumors etc.

Good Luck,
    Jean
  • gloami
    gloami Member Posts: 4
    I was told that grinding flax seed and having two teaspoons a day along with taking fish oil, stops tumor growth. I'll pray for you. Have you changed your diet???? Meditate? Yoga? Good luck
  • cindyd1111
    cindyd1111 Member Posts: 9
    gloami said:

I was told that grinding flax seed and having two teaspoons a day along with taking fish oil, stops tumor growth. I'll pray for you. Have you changed your diet???? Meditate? Yoga? Good luck

Also, be careful about taking things like flax seed, or soy, which are beneficial for PREVENTING breast cancer, but can be detrimental in dealing with extrogen positive breast cancers.
    Have heard good things about CoQ10.