CA 15.3

marytres
marytres Member Posts: 144
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi, just wanted to know if anyone ever had their tumor marker CA 15.3 slightly higher than the normal level and what did you do, or what happened? Mine was 1.6 higher than normal. The normal level was up til the last time I went, 0-51 and now it was dropped to 0-32. My level was 33.6. Can't understand it and neither can the oncologist who said we'll repeat the test within a month so please pray for me. Thanks for the help. Hugs to all, Marie

Comments

• dresch
    dresch Member Posts: 4
    I don't understand your message because I am not familiar with the testing. I just want to let you know that I am praying for you. Best wishes. Debbie
  • jegannon
    jegannon Member Posts: 4
    i have my ca15-3 done once a month, and talk about high!!! mine starte at 69. but i am in my 7th month of chemo, and i am all the way down to 21. my normal was told to me to be 31 and below. so imagine my emotional state when they told me that i was a 69!!!!!!!!!!! thank goodness it dropped steadily.
  • jegannon
    jegannon Member Posts: 4
    i have my ca15-3 done once a month, and talk about high!!! mine starte at 69. but i am in my 7th month of chemo, and i am all the way down to 21. my normal was told to me to be 31 and below. so imagine my emotional state when they told me that i was a 69!!!!!!!!!!! thank goodness it dropped steadily.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    For what its worth Marytres, my radiologist said that in Breast Cancer, tumor markers are not indicative of much at all...he said that high tumor markers have often meant Nothing, whereas low, and some pts were wracked with cancer. He was not sure why this is so with Breast Cancer patients, but said this is a known fact...since then, I have not paid much attention to "numbers"~and more attention to how I feel. Hope this helps. Claudia