mastectomy Friday

Options
arachne5
arachne5 Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Saw my surgeon today and my gut impulse was the right one. This cancer is definitely a new one and er negative so lumpectomy + tamox is out.
chest xray Friday found a 4mm something on one view under the sternum so I am headed for a CT on Wednesday. Nuts!! can only hope it is someone's thumbprint on the plate or something cast up by prior radiation.
Oh, well. One thing at a time I guess. I'll get through the mastectomy and worry about the rest of it afterward.
I have a great surgeon and oncologist as well as a fantastic group of friends so I can count myself lucky. Joan J

Comments

• terryI
    terryI Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Joan,
    My prayers and thoughts are with you and know you will do well. Just remember we are in this together and with God's love we will have the strength to keep fighting. Every day I think of my favorite poem called footprints. I like to think their are one set of prints in the sand and God is carrying us threw this life. I know he is with you and your family and god bless you.
    terryi
  • banker
    banker Member Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am a 2x survivor of BC also, two different types, wish I had seen this site during that time. It is so comforting to know we are not alone. God bless you. ((( hugs)))) emmi
  • marytres
    marytres Member Posts: 144
    Options
    My prayers with you Joan. Hang in there. One thing at a time and I'll sure you'll beat this too. Hugs, Marie
  • DeeNY711
    DeeNY711 Member Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    As difficult as this past year has been, I have frequently been very thankful that we all live in a time where even the most complicated breast cancers are treatable, and new developments are occurring all the time. I remember the first time I climbed up the stairs to the computer the day after I came home to let everyone know I was back. We will all look forward to finding your note next week, precious.
    Love,
    Denise
  • krisrey
    krisrey Member Posts: 194
    Options
    Joan,
    My prayers and thoughts will be with you. Let us know how you are doing..
    Kris
  • sandytrif525
    sandytrif525 Member Posts: 106
    Options
    Joan I will be praying for you and that all goes well on Friday. Take it easy and recoup. let us know how things go. God Bless Sandy
  • chrissi
    chrissi Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Joan,

I am a breast cancer suvivor, finished chemo six weeks ago. I had a double mastectomy with reconstruction, just had the expanders replaced on the 9th Jan. My tumor was 3.5 with four satilite tumors of 1cm each, also with er neg receptors. So like you..no tamox. for me. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go into surgery. God Bless you. Love Chrissi
  • jbeardslee
    jbeardslee Member Posts: 75
    Options
    We'll all be keeping you in our prayers. Good luck with the surgery and God Bless.
    Love, Judy
  • wingingit
    wingingit Member Posts: 48
    Options
    Joan, You will be in our hearts and prayers tomorrow and afterwards during your recuperation. The love and support of family and friends as well as your faith will get you through this. The ladies here are also a fantastic support system.They are always ready to lift someone up with their warmth, knowledge, and sense of humor. May God bless you with strength, peace, and healing . . . Krista
  • lynne40
    lynne40 Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Joan, It has been a few weeks since your surgery, how are you doing? Hope things are OK Let us know how you are. Praying for you! Hugs,
    Lynne