Side Effects of Tamoxifen

BBK
BBK Member Posts: 53
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Anybody else have trouble with vaginal discharge while on tamoxifen? I'm having lots (my onc. says this is normal)...similar to a yeast infection (but, checked -- no infection...just results of the drug), and itchy. Onc. says I can use Monostat to relieve the itching. Anyway, I'm just wondering if there are others suffering the same, and what do you do about it? Thanks. I can live with the hot flashes and the irregular periods (only 1 in the past 8 months...). I've only been on the tamoxifen since July.

Comments

• bturner
    bturner Member Posts: 9
    I also have had a lot of vaginal discharge since on Tamoxifen, but no itching.I think I'd see my gyn. Billie.
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    bturner said:

I also have had a lot of vaginal discharge since on Tamoxifen, but no itching.I think I'd see my gyn. Billie.

Hi! I've been on Tamoxifen for 3 years and have had an increase in Discharge. I see my GYN every 6 mos. and she said it's normal . It's also discolored. I don't have an itch though! Good luck. HUGS!! Cathy
  • Snookums
    Snookums Member Posts: 148
    cruf said:

Hi! I've been on Tamoxifen for 3 years and have had an increase in Discharge. I see my GYN every 6 mos. and she said it's normal . It's also discolored. I don't have an itch though! Good luck. HUGS!! Cathy

Add me to the list! I have been on it since June and I have both symptoms and am so glad you raised this topic. I await some wonderful information from our fellow sisters in bc.
  • cammie
    cammie Member Posts: 102
    Snookums said:

Add me to the list! I have been on it since June and I have both symptoms and am so glad you raised this topic. I await some wonderful information from our fellow sisters in bc.

One more to the count. I also have discharge, yellowish in color and itchy, (but I am also a diabetic so add sweet smelling and whooo constant changing of the pantie liners.) Now here is a topic my daughter would be telling me "TOO Much information here mom, don't need to hear more." Tamoxifin has also given me cold sores, and cold eyes. Tamoxifin I guess is not strong enough for me I have been having regular periods since August. I started on a Zolodex implant today along with the Tamoxifin. No estrogen growing in this body now. TO WANDA !!!! Hoped this helped in knowing your not alone sister. Love Cammie
  • TylersMom1
    TylersMom1 Member Posts: 57
    And add another one to the list. I have been on tamoxifen for a year as of yesterday and also have discharge but no itching. I had a hysterectomy in September and the discharge has gotten even worse but my doctor said that is to be expected. Don't have any advise but to say that you are not alone. Take care, Cheryl