HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Options
kelli63
kelli63 Member Posts: 84
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
TO ALL OF MY FREINDS ON THIS SIGHT:

I WANT TO TAKE THE TIME AND WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR. LET US NOT FORGET WHY WE CELELBRATE THESE HOLIDAYS AND GIVE GOD THANKS FOR OUR BLESSINGS OF GOOD HEALTH AND PROSPERITY. BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL

LOVE
KELLY

Comments

• banker
    banker Member Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi kelli63, wishing you Happy Holidays also, How are you doing? How is your hubby? He will be returning home soon. Hang in there. Thinking of you, (((hugs))) and love coming your way....:-) emmi
  • terryI
    terryI Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Kelly,
    I want to wish you and your family a very happy holiday and you are certainly right we shouldn't forget our blessings and thank the lord each and every day. terryi
  • Snookums
    Snookums Member Posts: 148
    Options
    terryI said:

Kelly,
    I want to wish you and your family a very happy holiday and you are certainly right we shouldn't forget our blessings and thank the lord each and every day. terryi

Yes, we are HERE for Thanksgiving and now matter how hard we are fighting and how much we are hurting- what a blessing we are here even if to only gripe/moan through another holiday! Amen and blessings- C
  • blossomtime
    blossomtime Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Yes this is a year for giving thanks. Last year at this time I was in the middle of treatment so the holidays seemed like a blurr. This year feeling so much better and plan to rejoice in family and friends but not get too caught up in the commercial sides of these wonderful holidays. Thanks so much for your lovely words that caused me to pause and think of all my blessings. Wishing you a wonderful holiday also.
  • rizzo15
    rizzo15 Member Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    kelli63 & All. Happy holidays to all who visit this site. Hard to believe it has been a year since I first starting reading and writing messages at this site. So thankful that everybody seems to be still "hanging in there" and being so generous with sharing their experiences with others. Last year I barely had the energy to heat up one of those Safeway precooked Thanksgiving dinners. This year, I'm no longer in a chemo brain fuzz and could not resist getting a 22-pound turkey for the amazing price of $7.99. What a deal! The rest of the meal will be very simple. Since I have developed a frozen shoulder in August at the same time all my scheduled breast cancer treatments ended, my husband has volunteered to transfer the bird from refrigerator to sink to oven to carving board. Don't know if anybody else watches "Everybody Loves Raymond", but they have this hilarious episode where Deborah is really angry about something and she keeps losing her grip on the Thanksgiving turkey. She is sliding all over the kitchen with it, drops it several times on the floor and then almost drop-kicks it into the oven before she walks off in a huff. When my husband saw I bought a real turkey this year, he says, "You ARE going to let me help you with that this year aren't you? We don't want to have one of those Deborah Baron moments!" We got a good laugh out of that!
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    Options
    rizzo15 said:

kelli63 & All. Happy holidays to all who visit this site. Hard to believe it has been a year since I first starting reading and writing messages at this site. So thankful that everybody seems to be still "hanging in there" and being so generous with sharing their experiences with others. Last year I barely had the energy to heat up one of those Safeway precooked Thanksgiving dinners. This year, I'm no longer in a chemo brain fuzz and could not resist getting a 22-pound turkey for the amazing price of $7.99. What a deal! The rest of the meal will be very simple. Since I have developed a frozen shoulder in August at the same time all my scheduled breast cancer treatments ended, my husband has volunteered to transfer the bird from refrigerator to sink to oven to carving board. Don't know if anybody else watches "Everybody Loves Raymond", but they have this hilarious episode where Deborah is really angry about something and she keeps losing her grip on the Thanksgiving turkey. She is sliding all over the kitchen with it, drops it several times on the floor and then almost drop-kicks it into the oven before she walks off in a huff. When my husband saw I bought a real turkey this year, he says, "You ARE going to let me help you with that this year aren't you? We don't want to have one of those Deborah Baron moments!" We got a good laugh out of that!

Hi all! I want to wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving! I have been on this site daily for the past 3 years. I am a quiet member at this point. I am extremely interested in how everybody is doing. I enjoy all the stories both happy and even the sad ones. This site has become a family to me. Most of the ladies that were on when I started in Oct. 2000 are no longer posting but it's nice to hear from so many new ladies. This site is a life saver. I am always available to chat with anybody who needs a shoulder to cry on or just a friendship. Feel free to e-mail me either here at this site or at RPT1206@aol.com. I have made several very good friends thru this site. Take care. Cathy