Update on brother........

Options
hummingbyrd
hummingbyrd Member Posts: 950 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just wanted to thank everyone for the support here. My brother got his diagnosis last week. Seems the mass in his chest is Hodgekin's Lymphoma
along with, of all things prostate cancer.
He goes back to MDAnderson this week to discuss treatment plan. Any encouraging words, any success stories, and of course all the prayers we can get would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ladies for your love and kindness, and for allowing me to call on you for my brother.
May God bless you all. Luv, hummingbyrd

Comments

• ktinkey
    ktinkey Member Posts: 170
    Options
    You got it Hummingbyrd. You have been here for so many of us that we will definitely bombard the throne room of heaven with our prayers.

Dear Lord,

I thank you that you are Jehovah Rapha. You are the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. If You healed in the past, You still heal today. I come before You this morning in intersession for Terri's brother and I thank You that You hear my prayer for healing for him. God, Your arm is not too short. You made each one of us and You know exactly what we need. Father God, our brother needs a touch from the Master's hand. Surround him with peace and let him feel your presence. We ask that You give the doctor's the wisdom that they need to treat him, for we know that all wisdom comes from You. We ask a special blessing on Terri that she may minister to her brother and strengthen both of them for the battle ahead. We thank you in advance for the victory and give You all glory and honor. Amen.
  • inkblot
    inkblot Member Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Hummingbyrd:

I'm sory to hear of your brother's dx. I know you all must be very worried for and about him.

You are a strong lady and I know that your love and support will be very comforting to him through his treatment and beyond.

Know that I am thinking of you and your family and sending heartfelt wishes for a successful treatment and outcome.

Remember to continue taking excellent care of yourself too.

Love, light and laughter,
    Ink
  • hummingbyrd
    hummingbyrd Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    inkblot said:

Hummingbyrd:

I'm sory to hear of your brother's dx. I know you all must be very worried for and about him.

You are a strong lady and I know that your love and support will be very comforting to him through his treatment and beyond.

Know that I am thinking of you and your family and sending heartfelt wishes for a successful treatment and outcome.

Remember to continue taking excellent care of yourself too.

Love, light and laughter,
    Ink

Kathy, that's the most beautiful prayer I think I've ever heard. It moved the Holy Spirit with in me so much I called and read it to my mom.
    We both felt the power of your prayer!
    (and cried...happy tears)
    And Ink you just don't know how much it means to me for you to be thinking of us and sending heartfelt wishes. I know that truly came from the heart.
    God bless you both.
    hummer
  • frog08
    frog08 Member Posts: 26
    Options

Kathy, that's the most beautiful prayer I think I've ever heard. It moved the Holy Spirit with in me so much I called and read it to my mom.
    We both felt the power of your prayer!
    (and cried...happy tears)
    And Ink you just don't know how much it means to me for you to be thinking of us and sending heartfelt wishes. I know that truly came from the heart.
    God bless you both.
    hummer

Hummer,
    You are such a support for so many on the web, especially a newbie like me. I know that you will be there for your brother also. I am only sorry that you all have to go through this. I know God will be with you all and guide and direct your paths. He is holding you in the palm of His hand. Blessings to your brother, you and your entire family.

Love,
    Linda
  • jake10
    jake10 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Hi! I've had your brother on my prayer list. I am sorry about the Dx but as far as cancers go Hodgekins is very treatable. What stage? I can't believe I wrote that. Any cancer is terrible but some are more terrible then others. I hope his treatments are mild and his recovery complete. Prayers, Beth
  • Snookums
    Snookums Member Posts: 148
    Options
    As far as the Hodgekin's I have a very good friend who's daughter was diagnosed in 1999. Same area and Leslie, the daughter, is in remission and has had 2 children since! She is doing great! So, that's the only thing I can tell you about. No prostate knowledge but I can send PRAYERS and Positive thoughts to you, your brother and the whole family! Gods Blessing on you- C
  • DeeNY711
    DeeNY711 Member Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hummingbyrd, both cancers can be successfully treated now. There is even a whole list of choices for prostate cancer. I know how he must feel because within the same week, I was diagnosed with malignant melanoma and basal cell carcinoma back in 2001. It is almost like getting hit with a bus from the left as a safe falls on your head. Your whole family is in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Denise
  • jeancmici
    jeancmici Member Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Snookums said:

As far as the Hodgekin's I have a very good friend who's daughter was diagnosed in 1999. Same area and Leslie, the daughter, is in remission and has had 2 children since! She is doing great! So, that's the only thing I can tell you about. No prostate knowledge but I can send PRAYERS and Positive thoughts to you, your brother and the whole family! Gods Blessing on you- C

Golly, Hummer,
    A double whammy is doubly unfair - but some others already pointed out what I firsr thought too. Hodgkins has a very good cure rate now - and also prostate if caught early. He will need an operation. Pray to get a good surgeon and ask him his track record on nerve sparing success.

Lots of people here who care about you and him and will be in the cheering section for success.

Love, Jean
  • marytres
    marytres Member Posts: 144
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your brother's dx. But today there are so many new drugs and they discover so many new things everyday that I'm sure he'll come out of this fine. My prayers are always with you. LOve, Marie
  • SCmom
    SCmom Member Posts: 46
    Options
    Hummingbird, You have been a great support to sooo many people on this website. Now it is our turn to give you the support. You and your brother will be in our prayers. Phil 4:6 says, "Do not worry about anything instead pray about everything." I'll be praying.

Laura
  • SCmom said:

Hummingbird, You have been a great support to sooo many people on this website. Now it is our turn to give you the support. You and your brother will be in our prayers. Phil 4:6 says, "Do not worry about anything instead pray about everything." I'll be praying.

Laura

Hummingbyrd, Know that I prayed Kathy's prayer, and many others are praying it as well. I will keep on praying for your family and for your God-given strength to guide you and bring you pockets of peace within the turmoil. God Bless,Getupandgo
  • SweetSue
    SweetSue Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Hummingbird, sorry to hear about your brother's diagnosis. I'll pray for him.
    Take care,
    Sue
  • badger
    badger Member Posts: 23
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your brother - it isn't fair (but what is!) that he should have so much to deal with. My 40 year-old godson was just diagnosed with Hodgkin's - but it is the most treatable of cancers. I will think of your brother every day on my walk. And I'll think of you, too, as always. Love, Badger
  • TylersMom1
    TylersMom1 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi Hummingbyrd,
    Sorry to hear about your brother's diagnosis. Please know that your brother and your family have been and will continue to be in my prayers. Please keep us posted.
    God bless...Cheryl
  • maggs
    maggs Member Posts: 164
    Options
    Dear Hummingbyrd,
    I would like to add my prayers and hope for your brother's recovery to the list above. You have helped so many of us on this site, I know you will be the biggest blessing to your brother!
    Hang in there! Maggs
  • jolliff
    jolliff Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Your brother is in my thoughts and prayers!