Itchy Palms

Options
frog08
frog08 Member Posts: 26
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
This last week the palms of my hands especially right down from my thumb and along my wrist have been itching. Is this from the chemo? They don't seem to be really dry, they all the sudden just start itching. Is this an allergic reaction? I don't seem to itch anywhere else.
Thanks for any help!
Linda

Comments

• DeeNY711
    DeeNY711 Member Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Linda, it is probably directly related to chemotherapy. Moisturizer may help, aloe vera gel may help, but be sure to mention it and point out the site to the oncologist. Love, Denise
  • stillscared
    stillscared Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Linda - went thru same thing, Oncol. said side effect, but do discuss with your Doctor just to be on the safe side. Perhaps the new soap you switched to once you began chemo - Use the correct moisturizer and don't forget the bottom of your feet, also side effect after chemos are done. I think we should make a list of side effects not mentioned by Doctors. Purple nails (fingers & toes) also, so don't panic! Could lymphedema be the cause? Yeah you guessed - side effect. Hope all is well and you are tolerating chemos well. Take care Linda - J
  • hummingbyrd
    hummingbyrd Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Hey Linda, I've always heard that when your palms itch your going to get some money! Be nice, huh? Seriously, when I had allergic reaction to morphine my feet and palms itched terribly. Hydrocotisone (Cortaid) helped me, that and discontinuing the morphine. I'd tell your doc, he may want to add steroids to your next treatment. Hey, one&counting, whew what a relief regarding purple toes. I've been wondering about that!
    Hope you find relief soon Linda. God bless. hummb