my research

Options
mc2001
mc2001 Member Posts: 343
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello Everyone!

I am doing my own amateur *research* on the types of medicines and chemotherapy people have had or are currently taking. If you wouldn't mind giving me the names and even the dosage, but I will settle for just names of meds, I would really appreciate it! Please dont worry about spelling :-) You can email me here or leave a reply to this post. Thank you very much for your time and help.

-Michael

leukemia survivor; remission of 7 years

Comments

• Twinks56
    Twinks56 Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Michael,I don't remember what the doses of the chemo i took were,but they were cytoxin,methotrexaite and 5F-U.I had six rounds of chemo for lobular carcinoma in-situ,breast cancer.If you have any questions just e-mail me you have my address.LOL Twinks56 aka Teresa
  • Devoted
    Devoted Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Michael,

My wife had Adreamyacin and Cytoxin for four rounds of high dose Chemo for Her2Neu positive breast cancer. though the doctor said that my wife didn't need this next treatment, he used what he called the "Old Woman" treatment method, that he would do everything in his power to make sure she became an old woman. She continued her treatment with 1 year of herceptin at 2.2 mg per c2 based upon a weight of 184.

I hope this helps.

Chris
  • hummingbyrd
    hummingbyrd Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Started off with adriamycin/cyclophosmomide x4, with taxol x4, Tamoxifen, changed to Aromasin. Herceptin x 18 months w/ Aredia x 12 months then changed to Zometa. Had 3 shots of Faslodex. Two rounds of Xeloda, but had allergic reaction.
    Currently on aromasin, herceptin and zometa.
    Whatcha researching for Michael?
    Best of luck. hummb
  • mc2001
    mc2001 Member Posts: 343
    Options

Started off with adriamycin/cyclophosmomide x4, with taxol x4, Tamoxifen, changed to Aromasin. Herceptin x 18 months w/ Aredia x 12 months then changed to Zometa. Had 3 shots of Faslodex. Two rounds of Xeloda, but had allergic reaction.
    Currently on aromasin, herceptin and zometa.
    Whatcha researching for Michael?
    Best of luck. hummb

Hi Humm!
    Well, A while back I talked with one of my oncologists and asked him how the cancer treatments were coming along. He said that one year after my last day in the hospital, they were using new meds and patients were inpatient for shorter periods and with less side effects. So for my personal knowledge I want to learn what others are taking. Thanks for your help!
    -mc
  • redriverartist
    redriverartist Member Posts: 54
    Options
    mc2001 said:

Hi Humm!
    Well, A while back I talked with one of my oncologists and asked him how the cancer treatments were coming along. He said that one year after my last day in the hospital, they were using new meds and patients were inpatient for shorter periods and with less side effects. So for my personal knowledge I want to learn what others are taking. Thanks for your help!
    -mc

Michael - I found my own lump, had a modified radical and now have 3 more treatments to go on Taxol. The first four treatments were Adriamycin/Cytoxin. No radiation. I've had the normal problems with low white cell count, low platelets and low blood pressure. The onc didn't reduce the dosage, just spread the treatments out to 3 weeks instead of 2 weeks. I also had injections of Neupegen and Neulasta which helped dramatically. Since I'm new to all this, your research caught my eye and I know I would like to know what you come up with in your research. One thing that caught my attention was that a majority of breast cancer patients on these discussion boards seem to have the dreaded disease in their left breast as I did.

Don't know if this helps you or not.

God Bless, Teresa
  • CHERYL 4
    CHERYL 4 Member Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Michael - I found my own lump, had a modified radical and now have 3 more treatments to go on Taxol. The first four treatments were Adriamycin/Cytoxin. No radiation. I've had the normal problems with low white cell count, low platelets and low blood pressure. The onc didn't reduce the dosage, just spread the treatments out to 3 weeks instead of 2 weeks. I also had injections of Neupegen and Neulasta which helped dramatically. Since I'm new to all this, your research caught my eye and I know I would like to know what you come up with in your research. One thing that caught my attention was that a majority of breast cancer patients on these discussion boards seem to have the dreaded disease in their left breast as I did.

Don't know if this helps you or not.

God Bless, Teresa

breast (NOT TESTICULAR) mine n MC's joke
    Tumor was behind right nipple i had 4 rounds of Taxol Carpolatain Admyricin 35 glorious rads ive been on Arimidex since December 2004 9mths to go love u MC Cheryl
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    MC's research
    I just noticed my friend MCs post was 6 YEARS ago...so don't know how it ended up as current! He is such a nice guy, from Northern California, a survivor and all around good guy...I answered his post, and when I was previewing it, I noticed how old it was. So I didn't post any response!

Oh well....

Hugs,
    Claudia