Not A Lot of Action Here

Options
jake10
jake10 Member Posts: 202
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Come on girls. This site has been a little slow this week. Remember there are new people to our "club" that need and learn from our chatter. Log on and communicate! Hope you are all doing well and the reason you all have been so quite is that you are at the beach sunning and swimming or in the mountians resting and walking. Good Thoughts! Beth OK so I found out the site is broke! I still hope you are all having fun. Beth

Comments

• DJC
    DJC Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Funny-I was just thinking the same thing this week-except, of course, for the heart wrenching post from EAD on the 12th-but I just know that science and God would not allow this woman and mother to leave her family and this life prematurely. She and everyone else on this site are certainly in my prayers every night. What an excellent support system and forum the AMS has provided for us! I only wish my grandmothers who both died young from this horrible disease had had this kind of resource in their day. Donna
  • rizzo15
    rizzo15 Member Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    There's been action in my part of the oncology world, but not the kind anybody would probably want to hear about. Our radiologist has had to cancel several days worth of appointments because she says she transferred some measurements from her PC (hooked up to E-Mail and the hospital computer network) into the mainframe computer that is connected to the radiation machine. You guessed it! The current set of computer worms got transferred and brought treatment for everyone to a standstill. I hope that the person who invent these new computer viruses feel "proud" that they disrupting people's cancer treatment like this. I hope nobody has a real setback because of it. The radiologist can always reload her operating system and all the individual radiology settings, but this all takes a lot of time. The IT staff thought they had installed every conceivable virus protection, but new viruses and worms keep showing up. The staff says the current machine is only 2 years old and prior to all these major computer virus outbreaks, they have never had to cancel treatments for more than a half day. In the past 4 weeks, they've had to cancel treatments on five different days.
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    Options
    I think 1 reason for the slowdown is that here in the East we've had blackouts for 2 days and have been unable to log on to the computer. You will also see there are slowdowns at times but it does pickup again. Be patient. We're all here when we can be. HUGS!!! Cathy
  • Snookums
    Snookums Member Posts: 148
    Options
    rizzo15 said:

There's been action in my part of the oncology world, but not the kind anybody would probably want to hear about. Our radiologist has had to cancel several days worth of appointments because she says she transferred some measurements from her PC (hooked up to E-Mail and the hospital computer network) into the mainframe computer that is connected to the radiation machine. You guessed it! The current set of computer worms got transferred and brought treatment for everyone to a standstill. I hope that the person who invent these new computer viruses feel "proud" that they disrupting people's cancer treatment like this. I hope nobody has a real setback because of it. The radiologist can always reload her operating system and all the individual radiology settings, but this all takes a lot of time. The IT staff thought they had installed every conceivable virus protection, but new viruses and worms keep showing up. The staff says the current machine is only 2 years old and prior to all these major computer virus outbreaks, they have never had to cancel treatments for more than a half day. In the past 4 weeks, they've had to cancel treatments on five different days.

Sorry to go off on a tangent but Rizzo15 that is awful. I don't think I even put virus and worm problems into that situation. How stressful for all of you, workers and patients alike! I am sure the very small minded people that develop these system invaders never gave "us" a second thought. But, to be honest they would say Bill Gates made them do it and blame him. There is just such a lack of common sense in the USA these days. So, my prayers are for a speedy repair and no more interuptions to treatments. I had one week of Chemo post-poned and it just drove me crazy I couldn't wait to get back so I could hurry up and finish. Good Luck and God's Blessings