Looking for hope

Options
ead
ead Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just feel like I'm everyones worst nightmare. I'm 37 with two little girls (4 & 6). In Sept. 02 I was dx with b/c stage 3b. I just finished 4 rounds A/C and 4 of Taxotere. I was getting ready to start radiation when I started getting short of breath and coughing. Yep, mets to my lungs. Agressive, advanced, adverage life... maybe 2 years is what my onc is saying to me. I don't know yet if it is anywhere else. I'm still doing tests. I'm er- and her2-. It seems that after failing 3 chemo drugs there isn't much out there for me. I'm so depressed. I can't stand the thought of dieing and leaving my beautiful daughters. How would they ever be ok after loseing their mother? I feel so guilty. I was suppose to be here to raise them, love them and protect them!! What kind of hope can I give my 6 yr old when I know what the chances are? I'm sorry for going on and on but no one else could possably understand.

Comments

• chemoqueen1
    chemoqueen1 Member Posts: 50
    Options
    EAD,

There is ALWAYS hope! I know it seems grim right now, but remember that everyday is another day that they might find a cure. Don't give up! Did you try contacting Cancer Centers of America? Also, remember Lance Armstrong (winner of 5 Tour DeFrance races) had less than a 5% chance (testicle cancer with mets to lungs, brain and liver) and look at what he has done. Always seek out new options!
  • mc2001
    mc2001 Member Posts: 343
    Options
    EAD,
    I am sorry about your awful situation. But dont give up hope! there are always new treatments being developed. Have you looked into this ozone treatments? Maybe you can start to look into this or ask if anyone has heard of ozone therapy. God bless
    -Michael
  • ktinkey
    ktinkey Member Posts: 170
    Options
    Hi,

I know how you feel. I was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer with mets to lungs. They weren't too optimisitc with me either, but it will be 5 years this November since that diagnosis. There is always hope. Cancer is not too big for God. You have got to want to live and fight. Right now it is all so overwhelming, take some time to grieve and then take a deep breath and come up fighting. We are here for you, no matter what you may need. A cheering section or a shoulder to cry on. Will it be easy? No way. But will it be worth it? You bet. You will set an example for your girls and everyone else around you. Cancer is scary, but it doesn't win all the time. How about being the one who makes all those statistics wrong? Remember, that is the average. Who wants to be average anyway? If I can help in anyway, just let me know. You can email me on the site or at Ritch@peoplepc.com.

God Bless,
    Kathy
  • Leenie
    Leenie Member Posts: 33
    Options
    EAD,
    Never, Never give up hope.... My sister inlaw had it spread everywhere you can think of and she was given 6 months to live. She had passed on now but she lived for 10 years.... after she was diagnosed you must never give up the fight or the cancer will win. I was diagnosed with BC in Jan and will also never give up... Only Happy thoughts and my family 3kids 13,15,17, husband of 18 years keep me going. I will pray for you. I to am young 40,39 when diagnoised.email me if you want.
    leenie
  • momof4
    momof4 Member Posts: 56
    Options
    my heart cries for you i know how you feel because i have 4 little girls, but dont you EVER give up there is always hope out there and than how could your oncologist give you a time frame when he hasnt done more tests??Hun new medicine come up every day keep on talking to god and ask him for strenght to get tru this he will hear your prayers.
    love and hugs Mariat. i will be praying for you
  • kamehameha6470
    kamehameha6470 Member Posts: 33
    Options
    I have 3 young kids myself: 1 girl and 2 boys. When I was diagnosed, I was 31 and those kids were 6, 4, and 1. There's always hope. And sometimes one of the greatest things we can teach our kids is how to be a fighter, and how to live each day to the fullest. I just finished my 1st yr out of treatment. I know well cancer can come and get me again or I could get hit by a car tomorrow. So I cherish each day God gives me to raise my kids and love them. Sometimes, it's the best we can do and the only thing we can do. Don't give up, and enjoy whatever amount of time you have with those precious girls. I pray that you might find a cure out there and that you may have many more years with your family.
  • blossomtime
    blossomtime Member Posts: 98
    Options
    My heart goes out to you during this tough time. But try to hang in there. Maybe those drugs didnt work but there are others and they could be the very one to do the trick. We are here for you. This is a great place to come for emotional support. I will keep you in my prayers. Take care.
  • joules112
    joules112 Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Those little girls may be just what you need to survive. I'm a stage 4a BC - 14 year survivor. My son was 2 when I was diagnosed. Metatasis to bladder, colon, liver, ovaries, uterine. He just turned 17! You have to fight! Don't give up on anything! I was mad and I think that's what made me fight. You're going to have these bad days where nothing seems to go your way. I felt like I had a black cloud that followed me around and there was some evil person watching for me to walk under and he threw he's crap on me. It took 5 surgeries, 2 years of chemo and 7 1/2 weeks radiation but I am here to talk to you! Anything that I can help you with - I would be more than happy to answer, talk to, whatever you need - my email address is: jafraser3@charter.net. My husband is President of the Gideons and I will put you on the list. You will have 720,000 men praying for you every day. Also, I have a friend that's a clostered nun and I will put a note in the fruit that I take to her on Friday this week and she will have a mass said for you. I'm sure that had a lot to do with why I'm still here. So send me your first name and we'll get to work on you! :-) I was 29 at diagnosed. Doubling in size every 5 days.

Also, have you thought about a clinical trail? You can go to NIH's website and there's a list and you can match yourself up with what's available. It's a form you fill out and the computer does the work for you.
  • ryley
    ryley Member Posts: 55
    Options
    It's normal to feel like you do, but don't give up hope on the chemo you had. You only had 4 rounds of Taxotere and 8 rounds is standard for aggressive breast cancer/lung cancer. Go to taxotere.com for the company info. I was dx with stage 3a cancer, received 4 rounds of A/T (taxotere) before surgery, 2 rounds after surgery and 2 more rounds of just Taxotere before rads. No mets yet to speak of, but I think that the taxotere knocked the hell out of it.

Go to a cancer center for a second opion or somewhere that they treat you aggressively. 8 rounds of chemo is nothing, they can't say it didn't work yet!

Love those little girls and show them how precious they are. They will remember you for being a loving mother and a fighter for your life.

Stay strong,
    Ryley
  • Marymomof3
    Marymomof3 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    I agree with Ryley, ask your doctor about a referral to MDAnderson. It's supposed to be the best cancer center in the country, they have experts there with knowledge about the lastest treatments for advanced disease. Sending you my prayers and positive thoughts. Mary Beth
  • jake10
    jake10 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    I am so sorry about yur situation. Hope is a precious things and miricles do happen every day. I have heard wonderful things about Cancer Centers of America. I think a second and third opinion is warrented. Get mad! Get busy! And hug those precious girls. You are in my prayers as well. Beth
  • bunnie
    bunnie Member Posts: 233
    Options
    Hi please dont give up like everyone else said prove the doc wrong.I know it is a scarry felling when they say that.It is hard enough too find out you have cancer without them saying it is terminal.we are all here for you good luck and keep your chin up.Amy
  • Snookums
    Snookums Member Posts: 148
    Options
    You are in my prayers and I will ask God for a miracle. God will be there for you!
  • ead
    ead Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you, all of you, for you inspiring words. When I came back here and read all the posts I cried. This time it was NOT from hopelessness. I'm still really scared, but you all have helped me more than you could know. Thank you for your prayers. I know that this is all in his hands. I just hope that his plan is to keep me around for a long time!! God bless ALL of you. I gotta say it because I'm from California (you know,the gov thing)...."I'll be back" -Betsy
  • hummingbyrd
    hummingbyrd Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    ead said:

Thank you, all of you, for you inspiring words. When I came back here and read all the posts I cried. This time it was NOT from hopelessness. I'm still really scared, but you all have helped me more than you could know. Thank you for your prayers. I know that this is all in his hands. I just hope that his plan is to keep me around for a long time!! God bless ALL of you. I gotta say it because I'm from California (you know,the gov thing)...."I'll be back" -Betsy

Betsy, if you're scared and looking for hope try
    www.urcctc.com
    maybe it will help. God bless. hummingbyrd
  • SweetSue
    SweetSue Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Not much more to add, except I know of a woman who was told (not in so many words) there wasn't anthing they could do for her anymore......she went to a different hospital and she's doing fine.
  • Saige
    Saige Member Posts: 3
    Options
    ryley said:

It's normal to feel like you do, but don't give up hope on the chemo you had. You only had 4 rounds of Taxotere and 8 rounds is standard for aggressive breast cancer/lung cancer. Go to taxotere.com for the company info. I was dx with stage 3a cancer, received 4 rounds of A/T (taxotere) before surgery, 2 rounds after surgery and 2 more rounds of just Taxotere before rads. No mets yet to speak of, but I think that the taxotere knocked the hell out of it.

Go to a cancer center for a second opion or somewhere that they treat you aggressively. 8 rounds of chemo is nothing, they can't say it didn't work yet!

Love those little girls and show them how precious they are. They will remember you for being a loving mother and a fighter for your life.

Stay strong,
    Ryley

I am a 36 year old with stage 4 breast-to bone-brain cancer...I am looking for other young Mom'sto talk to about everyday life with this beast and willchack back to see if there are any moreof you in the same boat with me. I am in chemo AGAIN and would love some buddies to talk with.