extreme fatigue..... Help

momof4
momof4 Member Posts: 56
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Did anyone experience extrime fatigue during their taxol? had my first one last wednesday almost a week ago and still feel very tired even if i take a nap every day i am starting to feel guilty for feeling this way cannot do much with my kids :(Will their mommy ever have strenght again?

Comments

• DeeNY711
    DeeNY711 Member Posts: 476 Member
    I'm on taxotere, cousin of taxol, but the fatigue is incapacitating. There is no way anyone can expect you to sail through this and do all the things you would ordinarily do, because this is not an ordinary thing. Listen to your body, and if it says that all you can do is sit in a chair today, that is going to have to be what you do. Many other people have mentioned debilitation during this part of treatment, and have recovered at least most of their strength when the treatment ended over a period of time. We both have something to look forward to, thank goodness. Love, Denise
  • JKAlley
    JKAlley Member Posts: 84
    DeeNY711 said:

I'm on taxotere, cousin of taxol, but the fatigue is incapacitating. There is no way anyone can expect you to sail through this and do all the things you would ordinarily do, because this is not an ordinary thing. Listen to your body, and if it says that all you can do is sit in a chair today, that is going to have to be what you do. Many other people have mentioned debilitation during this part of treatment, and have recovered at least most of their strength when the treatment ended over a period of time. We both have something to look forward to, thank goodness. Love, Denise

I'm on wk 10 of 12 wkly taxol treatments, and I agree with Denise, it is incapacitating. Doing weekly treatments it's been progressive, getting worse and worse. I've taken more time off at work just to get me through, I now say my job is to make sure no one steels this couch! I do try and get some minor exercise and do flexibility moves from yoga, but as Denise said too, if my body doesn't want to do it, I'm certainly pushing less and less. I am at the mind set though, that as soon as this is over, I will push and push to get my energy level back. I'm totally confident that it will come back, and then some. Hang in there, Judy
  • Joan2420
    Joan2420 Member Posts: 5
    JKAlley said:

I'm on wk 10 of 12 wkly taxol treatments, and I agree with Denise, it is incapacitating. Doing weekly treatments it's been progressive, getting worse and worse. I've taken more time off at work just to get me through, I now say my job is to make sure no one steels this couch! I do try and get some minor exercise and do flexibility moves from yoga, but as Denise said too, if my body doesn't want to do it, I'm certainly pushing less and less. I am at the mind set though, that as soon as this is over, I will push and push to get my energy level back. I'm totally confident that it will come back, and then some. Hang in there, Judy

I thought it was just me. I have had a worse time with taxol than A/C. The other symptoms from the taxol have been bad, but the fatigue really gets to you. I was happy to see I am not alone. I have my last dose today. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the symptoms to subside. Good luck to all of you. I have to take 4 doses, 2 weeks apart.
  • ryley
    ryley Member Posts: 55
    I had eight rounds of Taxotere (cousin of Taxol) and I was very fatigued. I also took a nap every day and some days wouldn't wake up at all. Don't feel bad about that, let your body heal.

My husband has always taken a nap everyday and he's never had cancer treatments and never feels bad about it either!

Good luck - you will get through it.

Ryley
  • slamaj
    slamaj Member Posts: 19
    I finished 4 rounds of Taxotere on June 13th, and I agree with everyone else who has posted, the fatigue was incredible and you just have to do what you can do. But, here it is a little over 6 wks later and I can already feel the difference so there is hope. The energy may come back slow but it feels so good when you realize you're able to do things that you couldn't do just a few weeks ago. Good luck to you, Julene
  • marytres
    marytres Member Posts: 144
    Hi mariat, it's normal, don't worry. My friend used to sleep for 3 days. Love, Marie