1st treament and now have acne 3 days later

Options
amelia
amelia Member Posts: 56
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Please help. I'm 47 years old and thought my acne days were behind me. I've just had my first AC treatment 3 days ago and have a painful breakout on my chin. Is this normal acne? almost feel like blisters. Do I treat it as normal acne? Any suggestions appreciated, thanks Amelia

Comments

• marysun
    marysun Member Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh Amelia! I feel your pain! I even told my doctor "what's happening?!?" He said there were steriods in the treatment regimen and boy did I break out. Three gargantuan pimples - almost cysts - and 6 months later I still can tell where they were. But that was the only time I broke out. By the third treatment and I was completely hairless, I also had the prettiest skin I'd had since childhood. That has lasted 6 months so far, so maybe there is a silver lining. Hugs!
  • amelia
    amelia Member Posts: 56
    Options
    marysun said:

Oh Amelia! I feel your pain! I even told my doctor "what's happening?!?" He said there were steriods in the treatment regimen and boy did I break out. Three gargantuan pimples - almost cysts - and 6 months later I still can tell where they were. But that was the only time I broke out. By the third treatment and I was completely hairless, I also had the prettiest skin I'd had since childhood. That has lasted 6 months so far, so maybe there is a silver lining. Hugs!

Marysun, that is exactly what I have. 3 huge cyst like blemishes, all together in the same area. Yuck and double Yuck, and boy do they hurt. I had extra nausea meds yesterday and told it was a steroid, so that must be it. I doubt I'll get that RX filled. A bit of nausea is better than this, and on my face. I'm going to loose my hair isn't that enough on my sensitive ego? I think so. Thanks for the info. You can't imagine how it helps to know I'm not alone and not the only one. Or maybe you can. Lots of hugs and God Bless, Amelia
  • KimInBeirut
    KimInBeirut Member Posts: 39
    Options
    amelia said:

Marysun, that is exactly what I have. 3 huge cyst like blemishes, all together in the same area. Yuck and double Yuck, and boy do they hurt. I had extra nausea meds yesterday and told it was a steroid, so that must be it. I doubt I'll get that RX filled. A bit of nausea is better than this, and on my face. I'm going to loose my hair isn't that enough on my sensitive ego? I think so. Thanks for the info. You can't imagine how it helps to know I'm not alone and not the only one. Or maybe you can. Lots of hugs and God Bless, Amelia

I'm 45 and opted for just radiation for now, but I've had some odd "blemish" problems myself. Basically, "zits" that seem like those "blind pimples" of youth (no real head to them), but they last for ages - some came when I first started radiation in January and are still present now in June! Others have gone away. I chose no medicine at all during radiation or until my first follow-up next week - I haven't even taken an aspirin!!! I hope everything clears up for you!