phone contact for friend in Maine

Options
p1955
p1955 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Emotional Support #1
Hi. My name is Pam & I'm looking for someone for my friend, Cynthia, in Maine to talk with on the phone, as she doesn't have a computer. Don't know if this is the right forum for this request. Her diagnosis is: extra ovarian papillary serous carcinoma. She lives in the greater Augusta area. She'd like to meet someone else who's dealing with cancer. Perhaps another single mom like herself(or just someone who'd like to talk). She is personable, intelligent, & an all-around super person. She's 45 & enjoys running (anyone need a running partner?), music, & oil painting. As I live clear across the country, would be great for her to have someone closer by.

Comments

• mah
    mah Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Pam, Have your friend contact the American Cancer Society. Sometimes they will match you up with another person with a similar cancer for you to talk to. She could also check into a cancer support group. They hooked my husband up with another man that had the same cancer and they have remained friend for 4 years. MA
  • p1955
    p1955 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    mah said:

Pam, Have your friend contact the American Cancer Society. Sometimes they will match you up with another person with a similar cancer for you to talk to. She could also check into a cancer support group. They hooked my husband up with another man that had the same cancer and they have remained friend for 4 years. MA

Hello MA,
    Thank you for your reply regarding finding a phone contact for my friend in Maine. I will follow your suggestion.
    Best wishes to you,
    Pam
  • mah
    mah Member Posts: 28
    Options
    p1955 said:

Hello MA,
    Thank you for your reply regarding finding a phone contact for my friend in Maine. I will follow your suggestion.
    Best wishes to you,
    Pam

Pam, I wish you and your friend best wishes and good luck. She really needs someone to understand. MA