golf balls 3 weeks post-surgery

Options
SweetSue
SweetSue Member Posts: 217
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Anyone have golf balls under their arms after mastectomies? I went to get drainage tubes removed today , and the nurse looked puzzled when she examined me. I'll see my surgeon in the near future, but I'm wondering if anyone else experienced what I am.

Comments

• bunnie
    bunnie Member Posts: 233
    Options
    Hi i dont know if you would call it i golf ball or not but i have something in my arm pit also never thought much about it just figued it is somithing i will have too live with for the rest of my life.Keep us posted on what you find out.
  • banker
    banker Member Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi, had the same feeling, more like a football, after I had reconstruction, 1 yr later ,it was gone. It's a weird feeling. Still have numbness on the back of the arm, just feels funny, but no biggie. Hang in there. It will get better. Take care and God bless you. Love emmi
  • Pattyh
    Pattyh Member Posts: 14
    Options
    I wondered where that came from? I felt like I was always holding a strapless purse under my arms. My surgery was February 18 and the swelling is much much better. Instead of a purse under my arm feeling it is now feeling like a small rolled up magazine.I am sure in a couple of months the feeling will be gone . Good luck!
  • bullfrog13
    bullfrog13 Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Dear Onion
    I feel your pain! I know this is going to sound REALLY wierd..but I Promise this is the way I felt. After I had gotten home from surgery..and had all the tubes out.. weeks had gone buy and I HONESLTY felt like they had just MOVED my breast to under my arm.... yep..felt like they just took it and moved it! It was the wierdest feeling!! I wore a pillow under my arm for months to avoid the "FEELING" of it. It has been over 2 years and I still have a minimal amount of swelling. I reckon I have either gotten used to it-or it has gone done some. A friend of mine once told me that she always felt like she needed lyposuction under there. In either case, just ask your doc. see what he says. Good luck and God Bless.
    jerilynfrog13@yahoo.com
  • ryley
    ryley Member Posts: 55
    Options
    I had this feeling too. Kind of like a tight T-shirt under my arm. Very irritating. I have been seeing a lyphedema therapist and it seems to be helping. The therapist massages the area under the arm and across my chest and back to help my lymph system find alternative routes for the swelling. Most insurance covers this, so worth a shot. It seems to be helping and it really feels good to get a massage a couple times a week.
  • DeeNY711
    DeeNY711 Member Posts: 476 Member
    Options

Dear Onion
    I feel your pain! I know this is going to sound REALLY wierd..but I Promise this is the way I felt. After I had gotten home from surgery..and had all the tubes out.. weeks had gone buy and I HONESLTY felt like they had just MOVED my breast to under my arm.... yep..felt like they just took it and moved it! It was the wierdest feeling!! I wore a pillow under my arm for months to avoid the "FEELING" of it. It has been over 2 years and I still have a minimal amount of swelling. I reckon I have either gotten used to it-or it has gone done some. A friend of mine once told me that she always felt like she needed lyposuction under there. In either case, just ask your doc. see what he says. Good luck and God Bless.
    jerilynfrog13@yahoo.com

I am so glad I found this thread and so relieved to find that I am not the only with with what look like little "breastlets" sticking out sideways. On cranky days, I refer to them as my horns. I was reluctant to go for a professional mastectomy bra fitting with the "thingies" for concern that a remark would be too painful to bear. A million thanks for sharing! Love, Denise