pain after treatment

hbchatty
hbchatty Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I would like to know if anyone is experiencing any joint and muscle pain after chemo treatment it has been about six months and i am still having severe pain. I am being told this may go on for ever !!!!!i am also on tamoxifen for five years.

Comments

• miraclemom
    miraclemom Member Posts: 41
    Hi - I finished chemo last June and yes I have some joint pain but its mainly in my legs.You might want to let your doctor know so he can rule out anything elsa.I am also on tamoxifen which im not happy about because of the side effects but as you know have no choice.Have you had any problems while taking this drug?Hope to hear from you and hope you find some answers.
  • SusieK
    SusieK Member Posts: 5
    I finished treatment about 9 mths ago and the fatigue was horrible and I was having muscle and joint pain. I went to my Oncologist and was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia which he said was a common side effect of Chemo and Radiation Treatments. He said that the effects should last about 12-18 month or up to 24 mths. and then I should begin to return to my baseline. You might check with your doctor to see if you have these. I hope you get to feeling better. Take care, Susie
  • I have been having pain mainly in my hip joints and especially at night. My last chemo was Feb 7th. My Dr. said it is normal effect from chemo and he told me to give it 3 months. Makes one paranoid though, thinking cancer is somewhere else! Good Luck, hope it lessens for you.
  • bullfrog13
    bullfrog13 Member Posts: 213
    I had pain so bad after some days treatments that I could not walk up the stiars to my bedroom. I whinned to the doc about it for weeks. Finally they put me on celebrax and it helped about 80%. I only took it about 3 months, and seem to be fine now. God Bless and as always. Talk to Doctor!!Whine. complain and whine more till they listen!
    jerilynfrog13@yahoo.com
  • songbird757
    songbird757 Member Posts: 2

I had pain so bad after some days treatments that I could not walk up the stiars to my bedroom. I whinned to the doc about it for weeks. Finally they put me on celebrax and it helped about 80%. I only took it about 3 months, and seem to be fine now. God Bless and as always. Talk to Doctor!!Whine. complain and whine more till they listen!
    jerilynfrog13@yahoo.com

Muscle and joint pain
    I am finding that exercise is helping me. Water aerobics was suggested and seems to help me with the stiffness. Stretching and Warm baths also help. I have used an onitmnet called Tiger Balm recommended by the Nurse Practitioner (Walmart has the best price). However, I'm still having the ache at night but the things mentioned help a lot. I do not want to take meds.
  • Anniedezanie
    Anniedezanie Member Posts: 2
    Pain after treatment
    Hello, I also have lots of joint pain. I finished treatment 4 months ago, started to work out again but that has not helped. Taking Armidex for the next 5 years, not happy about that but not much of a choice. Have not talked to my doctor yet about this because I have no plans to take any other meds to help. I have also heard it could last forever... sorry to say..Good luck... Ann
  • BKL1953
    BKL1953 Member Posts: 1
    Extreme pain

I am so glad to find this forum. I finished my 6th chemo treatment for recurrent triple negative breast cancer on August 2nd.  The pain started about a month after my last treatment and has continued to get worse and is now extreme.  I thought having beat breast cancer a 2nd time and making it through chemo yet again, I could regain strength and find a "new normal " and get on with life.  I'm determined to do just that so ANY suggestions on how to "fix" the pain would be welcomed.

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    edited September 2017 #9
    pain

I read on here that some women have no pain during or after and I am amazed by that.  I wish I had been one of them.   I have had bone and muscle pain throughout this whole ordeal.  I am now done with the chemo and herceptin since July 20th and taking the 5 yr pill, Arimedex (Al's) and I still have bone pain and muscle pain everyday 24/7.  They had overlapped the herceptin and Al's so I thought ok, let me give it time to see if it will quit.   So I dont know what to do.