Hello everyone

Options
judyd
judyd Member Posts: 124
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just wanted to say hi. I have not been on here in months. I was just looking through the messages & did recognize some familiar names. I am doing well. I have finished my reconstruction & everything is going very well for me. I wish you all the best. I will try to do better about checking in here.
Judyd

Comments

• grandma
    grandma Member Posts: 162
    Options
    Hi Judy, Glad you are doing ok, not to many post here anymore. There are several new ones I'm sad to say. I am ok, but my Hubby isn't well, his cancer is active again, so keeping him as happy as I can is all I am doing now-a-days. good to hear from you . Love, Hugs and Prayers....Flo/Grandma
  • Pattyh
    Pattyh Member Posts: 14
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with LCIS in the right breast and hyperplasia in the left. Due to my family history and losing a best friend breast cancer, I have decided on bilateral masectomy with reconstruction (silicone) I am scared to death. Any advice ?
    Pattyplh
  • grandma
    grandma Member Posts: 162
    Options
    Pattyh said:

I was recently diagnosed with LCIS in the right breast and hyperplasia in the left. Due to my family history and losing a best friend breast cancer, I have decided on bilateral masectomy with reconstruction (silicone) I am scared to death. Any advice ?
    Pattyplh

I wish I could help with advice, I had left mast. and no reconstruction as yet, But I'm sure some nice lady will read your post that has had the same thing as you and set your mind at ease.
    I will keep you in my prayers. Love, and Hugs....Flo
  • judyd
    judyd Member Posts: 124
    Options
    Pattyh said:

Pattyplh

Hi Patty,
    No one can really tell you what is right for you to do. You have to follow your own feelings & do what you feel is right for you. Just follow your gut feeling. This is an overwhelming thing to happen in your life & you have the right to be scared. Just take it one day at a time. Don't ever be afraid to ask questions.
    I have had reconstruction. I didn't do it for a year after my mastectomy. I had the latissimus dorci flap with an implant. I went with saline. That is just what I felt more comfortable with for myself.
    I wish you the very best. Do you have your surgery scheduled yet?
    Judy