Femara

judy22
judy22 Member Posts: 117 Member
edited January 2023 in Breast Cancer #1
I am taking Femara and am starting to have problems with it. Is anyone else on Femara and are you having problems with it. I need some help. thanks Judy

Comments

• hummingbyrd
    hummingbyrd Member Posts: 950 Member
    I'm not on it judy, but I've heard a lot of people complain about it. What problems are you having? You can go to medline and look up femara, it will give you lots of info on the drug. I'd talk to my MD if I were you, there are alternatives like arimidex and aromasin. I take aromasin and have no complaints, but I think I may change to arimidex. Hope the web site helps. God bless. hummb
  • geral
    geral Member Posts: 130
    Hi Judy!

I recently received a prescription for Femara but have not filled it yet. I'm hesitant because I was unable to tolerate the side effects of Tamoxifen and have a hard time with meds in general. I took Tamoxifen for 9 months. I haven't taken any anti-estrogen meds for the last year. I know I should, but I have so many other health problems that I just dread possible side effects. Tamoxifen made my hot flashes unbearable and caused nausea and a really bad taste in my mouth to name a few side effects.

What side effects are you having with Femara?

I hope you receive more responses to this post. I'd like to hear others' experiences with Femara.

Take care,
    Geral
  • vac
    vac Member Posts: 97
    geral said:

Hi Judy!

I recently received a prescription for Femara but have not filled it yet. I'm hesitant because I was unable to tolerate the side effects of Tamoxifen and have a hard time with meds in general. I took Tamoxifen for 9 months. I haven't taken any anti-estrogen meds for the last year. I know I should, but I have so many other health problems that I just dread possible side effects. Tamoxifen made my hot flashes unbearable and caused nausea and a really bad taste in my mouth to name a few side effects.

What side effects are you having with Femara?

I hope you receive more responses to this post. I'd like to hear others' experiences with Femara.

Take care,
    Geral

do you have a hard time sleeping. i have been on it for 2 weeks. when do the side effects start??
  • ljcarnes
    ljcarnes Member Posts: 6 Member

I have been on Femara for 6 weeks. The hot flashes are horrible, especially at night. My oncologist is aware of this side effect and offered me Effexor but I declined because I didn’t want to take another med. He also thought they would be short term butI have not slept in 2 weeks. I have contacted the Dr to start Effexor. The bottom of my feet are really bothering me/hurting when I walk on them.

Linda

• ljcarnes
    ljcarnes Member Posts: 6 Member

Judy,

I have been on Ferreira for 6 weeks. Hot flashes are bad at night but my oncologist says Effexor will help. Just started Effexor so it will take a couple weeks to see if it truly does. Also experiencing some rib pain x2 weeks. Hoping it is the meds and not progression of bone cancer. Waiting on results of repeat tumor markers.