DO NOT LET THIS SURGEON TOUCH YOU

Options
koenig
koenig Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
His name is Doctor Alan Shons at H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida since he is the one that really botched up my reconstruction after bilateral mastectomy. I have been at this now for 18 months and am still not thru. At my last appointment, three weeks ago i was told to go home and wait for three more months. What for??? I am to understand that things should form after about 6 weeks and at the most 12 weeks. I now have boobs up to my collarbone with absolutely no projection. I look like a freak. This is a FYI message. Good luck to all of you and God bless

Comments

• sdevilbiss
    sdevilbiss Member Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Dear Koenig, I'm so sorry. To go through breast cancer and mastectomy and then this. I chose not to have reconstructive surgery after a unilateral left modified radical. I've heard more than just your story about botched or problems with reconstruction that I'm sure I made the right decision for myself. You will be in my prayers. God bless and keep you. Please let me know how you are doing. Thorns to Doctor Shons and Roses to you for having to deal with this. Sandee
  • sdevilbiss
    sdevilbiss Member Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Dear Koenig, I'm so sorry. To go through breast cancer and mastectomy and then this. I chose not to have reconstructive surgery after a unilateral left modified radical. I've heard more than just your story about botched or problems with reconstruction that I'm sure I made the right decision for myself. You will be in my prayers. God bless and keep you. Please let me know how you are doing. Thorns to Doctor Shons and Roses to you for having to deal with this. Sandee
  • koenig
    koenig Member Posts: 6
    Options

Hey back Ms. Sandi,

I do sincerely understand your choice. I do believe there are doctors out there that can do a good job. Actually, I have found one that says he can repair what has been done. I will let you know what happens.