cancer again

Options
dragon45
dragon45 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
in march of 2001 i was diagnosed with breast cancer. i went thru 2 different kinds of chemo, had a partial mastectomy and then radiation. just recently (november 2002) my breast cancer came back. i had been complaining of my right shoulder hurting and when i went into the oncologist for my regular check up, he ordered CT scans...he was NOT looking for this to come back this soon. alas, it has, and now it's in the bone, my right lung and my liver. i am currently undergoing radiation on my left arm (which has hurt more over the past few weeks) and my rib.

i have a lot of people praying for my full recovery (and even those who don't know me--which i appreciate 100%) but i wanted to make a comment about all this....other than the pain in the arm and rib, i'm fine. it's like i really don't have this cancer. all the scans done recently have come back positive (and the lung biopsy) reminds that i do and of course the pain does too.

i guess that's it for now...i just would like to know if there are others out there that have had their cancer matasticise (spelling?) and what happened?

thanks for listening...

becky

Comments

• hummingbyrd
    hummingbyrd Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Dear Becky, I'm so sorry to hear about the metastasis.
    Keep a positive attitude! and surround yourself with positive people!
    I was diagnosed w/ BC 6/00 13/27 + lymph nodes. It metastasized to my rt arm and low back, diagnosed 8/01 and 9/01 with a met to left breast. I underwent lumpectomy and radiation. My tumor markers have been going up since 12/01, so far we can't find anymore tumors.
    Praise God!
    I'm about to start on xeloda and have CAT scans rescheduled.
    If you want more background info we have web pages on this site. I also have one on the internet called Conquering Cancer Through Christ.
    In the address box type in www.conqueringcancerthroughchrist.com
    maybe it will help you, I hope so.
    You have come to a wonderful site filled w/ women overflowing w/ love. We are all here to support each other! God bless. hummingbyrd

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray for Becky, Lord God, for you to pick her up and hold her in Your loving arms. Please Lord surround her with Your angels of mercy and healing, protect her Lord from the evil one, let her rebuke Satan in Your name Lord. Give her the peace and hope that can come only from You, knowing that if it be Your will she will be healed. I lift her family up to You Lord for strength and hope and faith in You God. Reassure them that 'all things are possible for him who believes' Mark 10:23, knowing that it only takes the faith of a mustard seed. Lord, I ask that you give her doctors the wisdom to know the exact treatment that she needs, and that You bless us all with a cure soon. Let us always remember that whatever happens we have so many blessings to be thankful for, Your mercy and grace is so abundant. You are Lord of Lords and ruler over everything, so we know Your will is the perfect will. With whatever happens let us always remember to give all the honor and glory to You Lord. You are the Greatest Physician of all. Thank you for sending us Your Son to die for our sins, it is in Christ' name I pray. Amen
  • geeknee
    geeknee Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been living with metastatic breast cancer for over 3 years. I've had good response with hormonal treatment and have had radiation to my eyes and my hip/femurs. I also have Zometa infusion monthly for bone mets.

I'm presently on Arimidex and feeling better than I have since this metastases started. My pain is controlled at the present time.

My mets were discovered on both eyes, almost all my bones, lungs (I had plueral effusion) and suspicious spots on spleen and liver.

My original diagnosis was Stage 1 and metastases weren't discovered until after 5 years.

I feel very fortunate to be doing so well, all things considered. There are still a lot of treatments available to me, including Herceptin, as I'm Her 2 positive.

So I'm hoping to stick around for a long time!

Keep hope - keep up your heart.

Jeanne
  • jeancmici
    jeancmici Member Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    geeknee said:

I have been living with metastatic breast cancer for over 3 years. I've had good response with hormonal treatment and have had radiation to my eyes and my hip/femurs. I also have Zometa infusion monthly for bone mets.

I'm presently on Arimidex and feeling better than I have since this metastases started. My pain is controlled at the present time.

My mets were discovered on both eyes, almost all my bones, lungs (I had plueral effusion) and suspicious spots on spleen and liver.

My original diagnosis was Stage 1 and metastases weren't discovered until after 5 years.

I feel very fortunate to be doing so well, all things considered. There are still a lot of treatments available to me, including Herceptin, as I'm Her 2 positive.

So I'm hoping to stick around for a long time!

Keep hope - keep up your heart.

Jeanne

Jeanne,

I'm glad you are doing well despite the mets. Goes to show how the 5 years and safety is long forgotten because it's not true.

You surely don't need any more to take care of but, if you have the energy, could you tell us if you had any symptoms to indicate eye mets. I understand it is not all that rare, but how to recognize.

I hope you continue to do well and am sending some comforting hugs your way. You sound like a brave, positive woman.

Best wishes,
    Jean
  • pamtriggs
    pamtriggs Member Posts: 386
    Options
    DEar Becky
    My cancer metastasised after 19 years . There are a lot of us in the same boat on this site. Do not despair. There are many treatments out there that can delay the spread & growth of these tumours. I am currently on Xeloda & it is working well after having partial success only with Adriamycin & Taxotere. My markers have dropped from 475 to 175 in only 3 cycles of treatment & I am feeling better than I have for a long time so you will not only get quantity of life but quality too. Do not get depressed over this. We are all here for you & with doctor's & help from a higher power we can get through this.
    Love & hugs
    Pam from New Zealand