More Data Needed

maggs
maggs Member Posts: 164
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
If these tumor markers are going to be validated, then there should be more data collection. I'm worried about changing meds that might be working just because of tumor markers, unless they are truly valid markers of tumor growth. We need careful collection of data. For example, does anyone stay on Tamoxifen for five years and remain cancer free in spite of rising tumor markers? Or is this just never done? WHERE'S THE DATA?

Comments

• hummingbyrd
    hummingbyrd Member Posts: 950 Member
    Good question maggs, I don't know about you but I'm beginning to feel like a little ball of fur a.k.a. guinea pig. At least I can say thank you Lord for another beautiful albeit rainy and cold, day. I'm going to build a fire in my fireplace and let God take care of my tumor markers, and if I need to change meds He will let me know.
    I got this the other day:
    Good morning!
    I am God.
    Today I will be handling all of your problems.
    Please remember that I do not need your help.
    If the devil happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, DO NOT attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFJTD (something for Jesus to do)box. It will be addressed in MY time, not yours.
    Once the matter is placed into the box, DO NOT hold on to it or attempt to remove it. Holding on or removal will delay the resolution of your problem.
    If it is a situation that you think you can handle, please consult me in prayer to be sure that it is the proper resolution.
    Because I do not sleep nor do I slumber, there is no need for you to lose any sleep. Rest my child. If you need to contact me I am only a prayer away.
    Very comforting don't you think? Course he did give me a brain so I will research the data, and rec drop the tamoxifen, the aromatase inhibitors have definately moved up into front line! Ask your onc. God bless hummb