Options
2»

Comments

• Scambuster
    Scambuster Member Posts: 973
    Options
    Kmaui said:

side effects
    Hi, I'm brand new to cancer and to discussion boards.......I have Nasopharynx in the nasal cavity type 111. I start radiation June 1, 2010 for 7 weeks and 2 treatments of Chemo (Cisplatin) 3 weeks apart, with 5FU pills twice a day on radiation days.
    How did you cope with the mouth sores and sore throat? Do I need to email you directly? It seems the comments are all asking for advice but not much is given.....forgive me, I'm not sure of how this works.
    Thank you for any suggestions for handling what is coming
    Kmaui

Start a new thread
    You have all posted on a very old thread so best to post a new thread with your questions.
  • debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Kmaui said:

side effects
    Hi, I'm brand new to cancer and to discussion boards.......I have Nasopharynx in the nasal cavity type 111. I start radiation June 1, 2010 for 7 weeks and 2 treatments of Chemo (Cisplatin) 3 weeks apart, with 5FU pills twice a day on radiation days.
    How did you cope with the mouth sores and sore throat? Do I need to email you directly? It seems the comments are all asking for advice but not much is given.....forgive me, I'm not sure of how this works.
    Thank you for any suggestions for handling what is coming
    Kmaui

Kmaui, welcome even tho I'm
    Kmaui, welcome even tho I'm sorry you will be fighting the battle of C. You will find a lot of info here from experienced people who have or are still fighting the same type of C as well as other types of C. People here are always willing to help whenever they can, you will begin to see us here as your friends or second (extended) family. You are welcome and encouraged to ask many questions. Most likely, someone will be able to answer you from his/her experience. You will need to keep in mind tho that trmnt may/can affect us all differently. I didn't have this type so I can't help but I wanted to welcome you. I'm sure there are posts out there about this type and people will get back to you. Check out some of the other posts for your type as that may help.
    You will be in my prayers and I wish you the very best. Come here as often as you need to. The road ahead of you will be rough but we are all here to support you. Take care and God Bless.
    Debbie
  • aprilshower55
    aprilshower55 Member Posts: 31
    Options

thanks, my radiologist at
    thanks, my radiologist at Memorial Sloan Kettering ( MKS) did suggest a feeding tub and I'm slowly grasping the reality. I'm trying to research how to feed myself through this PEG tube so that I don't become malnurished. I'm currently scheduled to received daily radiation for 7 weeks w/concurrent chemo (cisplatin) every 3 weeks for a total of 3 cycles. All my wishes, Victoria

npc
    hi,
    i too have same cancer started radaition treatment and chemo july 2011. had 35 days radaition 3 chemo last chemo in nov 2011. i had my g-tube in after 10 days into radaition
    and i just removed it in jan 2012. i would like to know how are you coping these days. do you have dry mouth? my dry mouth is my challenge in my recovery. i am looking for any suggestions or ideas. i use biotene oral rinse and jel. the jell helps with my sleeping. i only sleep 11/2 hr at a time. waken from very dry throat coughing and need to get up to rinse with biotene and jell. have not been able to eat much solid foods. i drink 3 to 4 bottles of ensure a day to get my calories. good luck to you.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

npc
    hi,
    i too have same cancer started radaition treatment and chemo july 2011. had 35 days radaition 3 chemo last chemo in nov 2011. i had my g-tube in after 10 days into radaition
    and i just removed it in jan 2012. i would like to know how are you coping these days. do you have dry mouth? my dry mouth is my challenge in my recovery. i am looking for any suggestions or ideas. i use biotene oral rinse and jel. the jell helps with my sleeping. i only sleep 11/2 hr at a time. waken from very dry throat coughing and need to get up to rinse with biotene and jell. have not been able to eat much solid foods. i drink 3 to 4 bottles of ensure a day to get my calories. good luck to you.

Hi April
    I too am NPC and been through it three times and still here to tell the story. This is a very old post so a lot of NPC survivors might not find you here to help answer your questions. Start a new Post and I am sure you will get a lot of help.

God bless
    Tim Hondo