Lidoderm (lidocaine) patches for breast pain

geral
geral Member Posts: 130
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Have any of you ever heard of this application? A dr. prescribed them for my chronic post-lumpectomy pain. I haven't filled the prescription yet. Found out it would cost $400 ($160 w/my ins.)! I e-mailed the mfr. and requested discount coupons and asked if they have a patient assistance program in the event the patch works for me. Thanx, Geral

Comments

24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    Hi Geral,
    I sure hope that this works for you nothing like suffering from Chronic Pain. I was wondering if you have tried Neurontine or Amtiryptoline, these were drugs I first started taking due to chronic pain after surgery. The problem is Nueropathic pain and mine is in nerve endings, I found that these two drugs got rid of most of the problems till I started have problems with stomach. Now am on methadone for the chronic pain I suffer in bowls. Methadone a drug with least of side affects, something I have a problem with no matter what it is I take. I sure hope you are able to find a quality to your life you haven't had for awhile. I do hope that this is your answer.
    Be good to yourself,
    Tara
  • evans
    evans Member Posts: 12
    I have not had a very good response from the patch - however - I have greatly decreased sensation in the skin in the areas I need to apply them too. I would prefer a non-narcotic solution to my chronic pain but I unforunately have not been able to find it. I have found the patch to be the least effective thing I have tried - sorry.