Merkel Cell Carcinoma

Options
2»

Comments

• Ken in Texas
    Ken in Texas Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Living with MCC

A small pea size lump formed in the skin 4 inches above the right knee in the winter of 2015. In February My GP blew it off as a harmless cyst. It grew and by mid April it looked like a pinkish red boil the size of a quarter comming to a head. A biopsy in April 2015 it tested positive for MCC.

The lump was cut out on my 75th birthday. May 28,2015. A biopsy of a centinal lymph node at that time tested positive for MCC also.   In June of 2015 several more lymph nodes (10) were removed in Dallas Texas. NO MCC in any of them.

Texas Oncology, Longview, TX began Chemo and Radiation the end of June.  New tumors formed in the skin of my right thigh every month during Chemo and Radiation Treathents.

My Oncologist told me he had run out of treatment options except for Keytruda. A Immune Therapy. drug. I began Keytruda infusions once every three weeks on October4,2016.  NO NEW MCC Tumors since beginning Keytruda. Old tumors show some skin scaring. At present I take a Keytruda Treatment at 6 week intervals.

I work. I play. I am alive. All that bothers me is a mild case of lymphodema  of my right leg.

My prayers have been answered. I have GREAT plans for the future.     Keytruda worked for me Keeping MCC at bay.

If yiou have uncontroled MCC try Keytruda or one of the other immune therapy drugs.

I wish now I had skipped the sergeries and Chemo/Radiation Treatments

• Marilyn Haney
    Marilyn Haney Member Posts: 5
    Options
    merkel cell

My brother has metastatic merkel cell.  It is in his groin, lung ad pelvis.  They didn't give him much hope with chemo or radiation.  The oncologist wanted to start him on immunotherapy.  He has had two treatments thus far.  The last pet scan showed no more tumors and the others are still the same.  This has gave us hope....My brother was in Viet Nam in 1968.....He was a combat medic.  The oncologist this may have cause this due to Agent Orange and the extreme sun exposure....We are taking it one day at a time.  He has a strong faith.