mom with stage iv metastasis liver cancer

alande
alande Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Caregivers #1
I mom was diagnosed with stage IV liver cancer which spread from her colon. She considering undergoing 5-fu,leucovorin,campostar treatment? does anyone have any information regarding the above treament? is there any survivour out there with the same diagnosis?
~a concerned son

Comments

• milsam
    milsam Member Posts: 4
    My father was also diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer in the liver on Memorial Day. He had lost too much weight for chemotherapy and his prognosis was poor. He elected to stop eating and passed away July 8 th. I wish you the best and my prayers are with you and your mother.
    Milsam
  • believer
    believer Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

My father has lung cancer that has spread tothe liver. he is on his last try of chemo, please, tell me about the treatment they are trying on your mom. If you find me survivor let me know. We won't give up, I will pray for your mom. How are you doing?
    sherri
  • vargase
    vargase Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I'm new to these chat rooms and was wondering if anyone had any advise or knowledge to my situation.

I recently found out that my mother in law was diagnosed with secondary liver cancer. It has moved from her breast to her liver. She is in the process of just finishing her biopsy. The latest news I heard was that she has about 12 1inch tumors on her liver. She will start chemo this week and I am in such agony for my family because I don't know what the future holds. If anyone has any imput i would love to hear anything. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks A Bunch