emergency help

starsondra
starsondra Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Emotional Support #1
Hello.
I am 57, a widow and an only child. I have been diagnosed with neuroendocrine cancer located in my liver. The house I rent has been condemned and I must find a new place immediately. In looking through the newspaper, I don't see anything I can afford. I have talked with many agencies to no avail. I don't fit in a "category" like battered woman, drug addict, over 62, etc. I have an appointment in July to apply for Section 8, which pays a certain amount for your rent. I don't know how long I'll have to wait for assistance. I only have disability to live on and don't want to live in my car. Does anyone have any suggestions? Know of any programs I could try? Already did Salvation Army, Red Cross, United Way, etc. I live in Omaha, Ne.
God bless us all.

Comments

• cstark
    cstark Member Posts: 16
    Star! I wish I could help! Havwe you contacted the local chapter of the Cancer Society in Omaha? They may be a resource for you. Menawhile, KNOW that God uis with you! You life plan to set up an agency for others facing your challenges may be just what S(He) wants you to do! God Bless you, and I will pray for you. Please stay in touch!
    Love, Charley!