Tired

tonie
tonie Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone. I don"t get to this sight very often. I'm done with radiation and chemo but I'm very tired half way through the day. I take Zoloft. Have for 1 yr now. Sinced I was dianosed with BC. Had surgery 9-10-02. Everything is healing great. I'm just soooo tired. Does anyone else feel like this. I also take Arimidex. Could that make me tired?
LIFE IS GOOD AND GOR IS GREAT!! :)
Tonie

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • bullfrog13
    bullfrog13 Member Posts: 213
    It goes with the terrority..im ALWAYS tired... and Im not on any thing other than chemo... YUm..NOT>>lol..
    Good luck
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398

It goes with the terrority..im ALWAYS tired... and Im not on any thing other than chemo... YUm..NOT>>lol..
    Good luck

As you can see it is very common for us to struggle with this. I now truly understand how our sleeping patterns affect every facet of our lives, including our digestive systems. I have now had two bouts of chronic pain and chronic fatigue. Now that the pain is controlled once again I am able to better cope in this world. I am able to restore my energy somewhat but still realize the importance of sleep on our healing process. I have been healing past 5 years because I have slept allot more than I have ever had. I am working out again rowing and a few free weights to try and help build up my energy level. I have to say this is the first time in over 5 years that I actually think that I am feeling better. I am spending this next month improving on my physical abilities which in turn helps to boost my immune system so that I will be able to return to work and be sucessful in what I do. When I returned to work after my breast cancer I returned because I had been off for so long not because I felt good and was ready to return. This time I am spending the time on myself because I deserve it after all I have been through. I am learning the self talking that I do must change and be a motivator not a critic.
    For once I finally realize that I am important and I must be the priority or there will be no work or sucessfulness at anything. For once I realize that making a few changes in my thought process will go along way in helping me to have my life.
    Now that the physical pain is controlled now I must deal with a whole pile of other things so that I will continue to improve so that I won't find myself in the same place some years down the road.
    Take good care of Yourself,I don't think anyone should suffer,
    Tara24242
  • banker
    banker Member Posts: 317 Member
    It will take a while for your body to get back to normal, you have been thru a lot, not only physically but also emotionally. As long as you are healing well and everything else is OK, when you are tired,take a nap if you can, make time for yourself if you can. I am going thru chemo myself at the moment, this is my rest week. I do what I can but in slow motion. I do take vitamins and drink a lot of Gatorade. for some reason that picks me up. Your whole body is healing, it will take time... be patient... best wishes, god bless
    Love Emmi
  • shirlann
    shirlann Member Posts: 229
    Hi, Tonie, a lot of us experience this. It is your body trying to heal itself and/or your subconscious pissed to hell at what you have put it through! Either way, this is a common complaint. Now, I take, C, 100 mg, E 400 mg., a multiple and most importantly, a very good B complex. You need to eat well and rest a lot and be kind to yourself and don't expect too much too soon. You will be your old self before you know it. Also, mile excercise, a 15 minute walk each day, will help build your strength. This is a very traumatic experience for both mind and body. Everything takes its own sweet time deciding when to say, "I'm well", so don't be discouraged, all will be well. God bless you and keep you safe, hugs and kisses, your sister, Shirlann
  • shirlann
    shirlann Member Posts: 229
    banker said:

It will take a while for your body to get back to normal, you have been thru a lot, not only physically but also emotionally. As long as you are healing well and everything else is OK, when you are tired,take a nap if you can, make time for yourself if you can. I am going thru chemo myself at the moment, this is my rest week. I do what I can but in slow motion. I do take vitamins and drink a lot of Gatorade. for some reason that picks me up. Your whole body is healing, it will take time... be patient... best wishes, god bless
    Love Emmi

Hi, Emmi, I don't want to alarm you or tell you something that your docs don't agree with but I was told by my onc and also by UCLA Breast Cancer Clinic NOT to take any vitamin supplements while on chemo or rads. This is because chemo & rads are free radicals, we take vitamins to fight free radicals and therefore they interfere with the chemo and radiation as they attack them. Check this out, don't take my word for it, but this is what I was told. Hugs, Shirlann
  • mfclo
    mfclo Member Posts: 7
    Hi Tonie,
    YUP! As I've said before, I can sleep like a teenager. I don't think I get to the REM stage of sleep, so I'm always tired, too. Your body has been assaulted...it needs rest and time to recover. Be gentle with yourself.
  • jeancmici
    jeancmici Member Posts: 665 Member
    shirlann said:

Hi, Emmi, I don't want to alarm you or tell you something that your docs don't agree with but I was told by my onc and also by UCLA Breast Cancer Clinic NOT to take any vitamin supplements while on chemo or rads. This is because chemo & rads are free radicals, we take vitamins to fight free radicals and therefore they interfere with the chemo and radiation as they attack them. Check this out, don't take my word for it, but this is what I was told. Hugs, Shirlann

I've read that many times - a multivitamin is supposed to be okay but no high doses etc. until after.
  • nasa2537
    nasa2537 Member Posts: 311
    Hi Tonie...I assume you meant you had surgery in '01 since we aren't to Sept. this year yet....the only reason I bring that up is that I had surgery the same day. Woke up 9-11 and thought I was hallucinating when I saw the disaster on tv. Anyway, I didn't have chemo, but did feel quite tired about half-way through radiation, and then for about a couple months after, still needed the ocassional nap. I think when your body finally realizes you don't have to be running to treatment every day, then your mind is allowed to let it sink in that you have been through so much. I think there is a lot of mental exhaustion from that, and you are entitled to it. Take a nap when you feel tired....sometimes a 30 minute to 1 hr. power nap does wonders. I'm on tamoxifen, so don't know about arimidex. But, if the tiredness persists, talk to your Drs...they can help you. Take care, and God bless...Cyndi