Learned on Good Friday

hollywooder
hollywooder Member Posts: 19
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
I have been reading your posts over the last several weeks as I have struggled with scans, pulmonary function test, bronchoscopy, biopsy and diagnosis of nsc lung cancer (large cell carcinoma). It began on Good Friday when I went in because of a lingering cough, for which the doctor ran a chest x-ray, revealing a large nodule on my left lung and a suspicious spot in the lower lung. I am in the care of some wonderful people at UCSD Medical Center (University of California San Diego). I am scheduled for my first appointment with the oncologist on Monday and a bone scan on Tuesday. Surgery is not possible at this time, so decisions will be made regarding chemo/radiation. I am 60 years old, divorced woman and live with my main companion, a wonderful 6 year old Borzoi (Russian Wolfhound). This has been a frightening time for me, but all kinds of people have reached out to me...in my family, in my church, in my neighborhood, my co-volunteers and my dear friends. Not really having thought about it previously, I was shocked to realize what a life-altering moment it is when the diagnosis is cancer, immediately and totally. That is why it is so meaningful for me to be able to read all of your individual posts...for information and also for solidarity. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Comments

• bobz1
    bobz1 Member Posts: 50
    I was where yo are 10 years ago.Large cell also.What I am trying to say to you is I made it so can you.It wont be a walk in the park, but if I can do it so can you.I had both lungs affected.I never sat around, you got to stay active.Even when you feel like CRAP, find something todo. Go for a walk, visit a friend.But dont lye or sit around.Also pray.It sure helped me.See you around Kid. Bob Z
  • nutt
    nutt Member Posts: 140
    Very thankful for your response. Sometimes we wonder if any of our emails or support are read and more importantly, help in any small way. You confirmed that.
    Thanks and God Bless
    Joe