wheezing

grammy
grammy Member Posts: 20
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Does anyone out there know if scar tissue from radiation and/or surgery can cause wheezing. I am concerned about lung noise but just had a CT scan in October and Dr. said it was clear. Am very confused, not to mention worried Thanks for any information.
Grammy

Comments

• loulou
    loulou Member Posts: 65 Member
    Grammy - It does feel so good to get good scan results doesn't it? Congrats! I asked my doctor the same question a few months ago,he said " because of the scar tissue it is always going to be a sensitive area." I notice if there's alot of smoke, or some kind of a strong chemical in the air it will get me coughing pretty bad. When I get a cold the coughing part will hang on a little longer than normal. But as long as we continue to get great scan results we can handle it....
    loulou
  • grammy
    loulou said:

Grammy - It does feel so good to get good scan results doesn't it? Congrats! I asked my doctor the same question a few months ago,he said " because of the scar tissue it is always going to be a sensitive area." I notice if there's alot of smoke, or some kind of a strong chemical in the air it will get me coughing pretty bad. When I get a cold the coughing part will hang on a little longer than normal. But as long as we continue to get great scan results we can handle it....
    loulou

loulou-thanks for the encouragement. This cancer business is so scary living between tests. When we are in active treatment living from one appointment to the next you somehow feel safe. Once that is over it gets real hard again, at least for me. Thank you. Grammy
  • loulou
    loulou Member Posts: 65 Member
    grammy said:

loulou-thanks for the encouragement. This cancer business is so scary living between tests. When we are in active treatment living from one appointment to the next you somehow feel safe. Once that is over it gets real hard again, at least for me. Thank you. Grammy

Grammy-I agree, but I have to say it gets easier each time. My last couple of mri's and ct scans I didn't even feel it was neccessary to have them (of course I did have them), but I wasn't as nervous. But each time I get a new pain I think, what's that! But for the most part I am getting on with my new and better life. I don't ever want to forget or stop thinking of cancer, but I don't want to let it stop me from making a better life for me and my family.

Stay strong, and believe you are cured!
    loulou
  • rrdavis67
    rrdavis67 Member Posts: 3
    I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH LUNG CANCER IN JAN. 2001. THEY REMOVED MY LEFT LUNG MARCH 6, 2001. I HAD 35 RADIATION TREATMENTS AND 12 ROUNDS OF KEMOTHERAPY. I HAVE THE WEEZING TO AND WEIRD NOISES IN MY LUNG NOW. BUT MY LAST SCAN SHOWED CLEARED. SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND OUT IF THIS IS NORMAL.
    MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS: RRDAVIS67@HOTMAIL.COM
  • grammy
    rrdavis67 said:

I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH LUNG CANCER IN JAN. 2001. THEY REMOVED MY LEFT LUNG MARCH 6, 2001. I HAD 35 RADIATION TREATMENTS AND 12 ROUNDS OF KEMOTHERAPY. I HAVE THE WEEZING TO AND WEIRD NOISES IN MY LUNG NOW. BUT MY LAST SCAN SHOWED CLEARED. SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND OUT IF THIS IS NORMAL.
    MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS: RRDAVIS67@HOTMAIL.COM

Hi there RRDAVIS67.Was pleased to find you on this discussion group. I just saw my Dr. 2 weeks ago and I ask him about lung noises. He said anyone with lung resection and radiation will always have lung noises. I was pleased to hear that because it seems to come and go and of course I would get upset always thinking the worst. Do you have small cell or non small cell lung cancer?
    Grammy.