Trying to Cope

bellafoto
bellafoto Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Emotional Support #1
My brother died of leukemia in June of this year. We were not expecting it for he was responding so well to all treatment. He was so excited about getting better, he wanted so much to help others with cancer. I can't help but feel sad and disappointed in myself. I feel I didn't do enough for him. I tried to pretend nothing was wrong with him because I didn't want to face it. Now it is too late. I have this need to help others and give back what so many gave to my brother Brian.
I would like to do a photo-essay on people coping with cancer in their lives. I would like to take these photographs as a way for me to heal and to help others as well. If anyone has any ideas: places I could call, or how I could contact people willing to participate I would really appreciate it!!! I live in New York City. Thank you!
E-mail: Bellafoto@aol.com
Thank You!
Michelle

Comments

• crtsang
    crtsang Member Posts: 102
    The first place I would think of is Gilda's Club. I think there may be two in Manhattan, one in midtown and one on Houston Street. (I'm sure of the Houston Street site, less sure of the midtown.) Their website is www.gildasclub.org