help with food

angelika
angelika Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Head and Neck Cancer #1
had a tumor removerd so I have no more sphincter and half of my stomach removed, what are the proper foods I should be eating I have a real hard time eating I vommit all the time. I need to know the proper foods I should be eating I like spicy thing and I know that I'm not suppose to have them so I don't. I sure good use all the recipes I can get ahold of please e-mail me them. angelam@mountaincable.net and also can't doctors put in a artificle sphincter they can do transplants of any other kind. Please I need all the help I can get. thanks

Comments

• mrbt
    mrbt Member Posts: 46
    Hello. I will look into the sphincter replacement question you asked. As for eating I can only provide some suggestions as each person is unique. First you have to eat small quantities and eat 6 or more times per day. Try drinking 30 minutes prior to eating solid food and then wait at least 45 minutes before you drink again. Start with white rice and non-greasy chicken (skin off). I eat a lot of cooked veggies and tofu. Pasta is good but limit the quantity and stay away from any rich sauces. I have a problem with milk, fatty foods, red meat, and sugar. Experiment to see what works for you. Remember to keep your head higher than your stomach. I sleep with a wedge and 3 pillows.

Good luck. Email me if you need more information. triebold@telocity.com

Regards, Bruce