Hi all.

Options
clg88
clg88 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Head and Neck Cancer #1
I was diagnosed with esophageal cancer in Dec. 1999 at the age of 30. Went through chemo, radiation, and surgery. Am now doing well. If anyone would like to chat, please do so.

Comments

• mrbt
    mrbt Member Posts: 46
    Options
    Hello> Diagnosed in June 98. Underwent the big three. Doing well also. Welcome to the group.

Regards, Bruce
  • mklocallo
    mklocallo Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi,
    Congrats on making it through. Do you remember what kind of meds you took the first two weeks of radiation and chemo to stop the vomitting. The doctors have tried everything on my friend and she is very sick from all the treatment. Anything at all that made you feel better. She hasn't been able to keep an ice cube down and she is not exactly over weight.
  • enyaw
    enyaw Member Posts: 1
    Options
    My dad is 60 yrs old and was diagnosed in Feb. 2002; he had chemo and radiation. It shrunk his 2 cm tumor. He had his surgery on 6/26/02 and had some complications (radiation weakened his tissues and caused a hole in his stomach which took 2 months to close)So he has been home for almost 3 months and is doing awful. He won't go out; he has no appetite, no interest at all except feeling sorry for himself. He is on anti-depressants and he says they do not work (I believe he skips his meds). I have yelled, cursed, ignored, told him how much he means to me (one extreme to the other) and he just keeps losing weight. What can I do? I think he should go back to work as soon as the doctor says ok to get his mind off of things....