Chemotherapy

a3_alli_220
a3_alli_220 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Caregivers #1
Hello, my name is Allison and I was wondering if any of your parents had chemotherapy to help cure them and if anyone would be willing to share an expieriance about chemo with me. Thank you.

Comments

• stephmiller
    stephmiller Member Posts: 1
    Hi, my mom underwent intensive chemo and had a Bone Marrow Transplant. I'd be happy to share any info with you. If you'd like just e-mail me.
  • snowbudie
    snowbudie Member Posts: 4
    hi allison,
    my grandma had breast cancer awhile back. she endured over a year of chemotherapy and radiation. everyone told her she wouldn't live..probably not as direct, but you get the point. anyway, it's been over 8 years and she is still here, doing all the grandmotherly things grandchildren love.
    my mom is currently undergoing intense chemotherapy. so, we are of course, hoping for the best. if you need to talk, feel free to email me. i wish you and your family the best.
    sincerely,
    jennifer
  • amanders
    amanders Member Posts: 3
    I'm 17 and have seen my dad go through chemo. Since you wrote this message in Feb, you've probably learned a lot more about cancer and treatments. It differs with the person, his/her biological makeup and the rate of the disease's progression. Chemo has varying effects. My dad lost his hair, gets sick a lot, and has both good and bad days. There are many books/articles that can help you. Try the National Cancer Association. I hope everything goes okay for you and/or your loved one. God bless!