Welcome to the new Cancer Survivors Network website! Existing members can click HERE to review the changes and new features on CSN.

Wigsbuy?

Feelingalone74
Feelingalone74 Member Posts: 243

I was just wondering if anyone has ordered a wig from wigsbuy.com? I have already gotten a wig from a wonderful lady at a nearby salon . She did a great job matching it to my current hair but as I tried wearing it around the house it's long and hot in the summer heat.I found one on wigsbuy online but I wasn't sure how the wig were from that site. Anyone order from there?

Comments

  • Ribbons
    Ribbons Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2019 #2
    Wigs

    I have no experience with them, but I ordered from Cysterwigs and they are super nice people.

  • Quilter_1
    Quilter_1 Member Posts: 117
    edited July 2019 #3

    Remember, you are wearing a wig over your own hair.  That’s going to be much warmer than wearing a wig without hair.  

  • janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799
    I agree with Quilter. At the

    I agree with Quilter. At the same time my wig was hot because it was summer. It didnt stop me from wearing it though. I do remember not wearing it much at home and just had it on hand in case someone came to the door. I remember one time driving home from somewhere and being sick of my wig so i drove home bald and just put in on before i got home so the neighbors didnt see me bald. I think that was more toward the end.

    Im glad to see you moving forward and getting ready.

    Im sorry but didnt buy any wigs on-line.

     

     

     

  • EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,476 **
    I bought a couple of fun wigs

    I bought a couple of fun wigs online just for fun. I had my "good" wig that I had gotten before my hair fell out that matched my real hair but it was kind of fun to wear! I say go for it if it's not really expensive.

    Love,

    Eldri

  • Feelingalone74
    Feelingalone74 Member Posts: 243

    I bought a couple of fun wigs

    I bought a couple of fun wigs online just for fun. I had my "good" wig that I had gotten before my hair fell out that matched my real hair but it was kind of fun to wear! I say go for it if it's not really expensive.

    Love,

    Eldri

    Eldri, it's real cheap and a

    Eldri, it's real cheap and a cute concave bob. I wanted to make sure that the sight was legit but for $50 I might go for it. Might as well have fun with different ones. 

    Michelle

  • Feelingalone74
    Feelingalone74 Member Posts: 243
    janaes said:

    I agree with Quilter. At the

    I agree with Quilter. At the same time my wig was hot because it was summer. It didnt stop me from wearing it though. I do remember not wearing it much at home and just had it on hand in case someone came to the door. I remember one time driving home from somewhere and being sick of my wig so i drove home bald and just put in on before i got home so the neighbors didnt see me bald. I think that was more toward the end.

    Im glad to see you moving forward and getting ready.

    Im sorry but didnt buy any wigs on-line.

     

     

     

    Ok, I'll give this one a try

    Janaes,

    Ok, I'll give this one a try when it's time.

    Might order a shorter style one too.

    One of my coworkers shared a funny story yesterday about her driving home after having her wig on all day and she was tired of wearing it .  She said she whipped it off then looked up  and the stares she was getting by the car along side her. She chuckled.  #findingthehumor

    Michelle 

  • Feelingalone74
    Feelingalone74 Member Posts: 243
    Ribbons said:

    Wigs

    I have no experience with them, but I ordered from Cysterwigs and they are super nice people.

    Ok Ribbons  I'll check that

    Ok Ribbons  I'll check that sight out . :-)

    Michelle 

  • Feelingalone74
    Feelingalone74 Member Posts: 243
    Quilter_1 said:

    Remember, you are wearing a wig over your own hair.  That’s going to be much warmer than wearing a wig without hair.  

    Yes you're right quilter_1. 

    Yes you're right quilter_1.

    I just think this one might be hot on my neck as it's really long. On a positive note it looks a lot like my own hair. 

    Michelle

  • janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799

    Ok, I'll give this one a try

    Janaes,

    Ok, I'll give this one a try when it's time.

    Might order a shorter style one too.

    One of my coworkers shared a funny story yesterday about her driving home after having her wig on all day and she was tired of wearing it .  She said she whipped it off then looked up  and the stares she was getting by the car along side her. She chuckled.  #findingthehumor

    Michelle 

    Thats really funny. Finding

    Thats really funny. Finding the good in this cancer stuff really does make a difference. I remember wearing mine in the early stages when it was windy one day. I was nervous so i put my hand on top of my head and ran to my car with my kids. We just made it fun. By the way. My wig did not fall off in the wind ever. 

    i hope you dont mind me sharng Edri, but Edri had some reall funny experiences with her wig that she she shared here while she was doing chemo. Im sure its in past post that you could search for.