Welcome to the new Cancer Survivors Network website! Existing members can click HERE to review the changes and new features on CSN.

Sundance Audition on YouTube for Dr. Phil Show - "Real Life Do-Overs" (Project Now Dedicated to De

24

Comments

  • toyfox
    toyfox Member Posts: 158
    craig
    Watched the video....we both hope the best for you.
    No matter what happens you have been a light for many.
    Take care....Linda
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425
    toyfox said:

    craig
    Watched the video....we both hope the best for you.
    No matter what happens you have been a light for many.
    Take care....Linda

    Oh my gosh Craig....I'm
    Oh my gosh Craig....I'm sitting downstairs in an quiet place and my oldest son all of a sudden in the background speaks up (I had no clue he was there) what are you watching....I've now got some splaining to do.....I can quietly go on this site and no one knows....but there you are loud and clear and my kids are asking. I explain your battle and how you've been at this for 8 years (good lord how I'm hoping for 8 years). Just so you know you've now got some 24 year olds that think you're a really cool guy!!! I really need to stay away from your posts, you just make me cry. L
  • Joy1216
    Joy1216 Member Posts: 290
    Wow!
    Craig, I loved your video. I know that Dr. Phil will be moved by your story and your sincerity.
    Joy
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866
    Bartholomew
    I will check it out and give it the "Thumbs up" for sure!
    Pedro...
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392
    smokeyjoe said:

    Oh my gosh Craig....I'm
    Oh my gosh Craig....I'm sitting downstairs in an quiet place and my oldest son all of a sudden in the background speaks up (I had no clue he was there) what are you watching....I've now got some splaining to do.....I can quietly go on this site and no one knows....but there you are loud and clear and my kids are asking. I explain your battle and how you've been at this for 8 years (good lord how I'm hoping for 8 years). Just so you know you've now got some 24 year olds that think you're a really cool guy!!! I really need to stay away from your posts, you just make me cry. L

    Smokey:)
    Dear L:)

    What a great story!

    I'm sorry I blew your cover...I am Texas Loud & Texas Proud, LOL!

    It looks like it turned out to be a wonderful opportunity to share this experience with your children though, no matter their age. And perhaps they walked away with an even greater understanding of what you - and we face on an everyday basis.

    That can never be a bad thing. I think the greatest thing is that I'm able to reach you on a level that would be very hard to breach if your heart wasn't in the right place:)

    Somtimes, I'm like Georgie Porgie - "I make all the girls cry."

    But to be honest, when I read my own stuff, it makes me cry too - that's how I know it's got the chance to be good. I write the good stuff and laugh too...some of my recent Sundance Channel stuff has alot of feel-good moments - and a couple of more still to come before I close that story out.

    Tell your "youngun's" thank you and I appreciate their support - am glad they liked the video. It's nice to still be cool:)

    Life is always about opportunity - and here you didn't shy away - you just used that opportunity to teach and enlighten your children. I'm so glad that you handled it that way. Maybe now, they see that this disease has another face - and they see somebody else doing it - and they know you will too.

    "Out of the shadows - and into the light" - we all grow when we do that.

    I'm your friend, L....don't leave me:)!

    And in all sincerity, thank you very much for being with me and being so supportive.

    You don't want me to go changin', do you?

    LOL!

    -Craig
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392
    PhillieG said:

    Bartholomew
    I will check it out and give it the "Thumbs up" for sure!
    Pedro...

    Ralph?
    What am I going to do with you brother?

    :)

    Call me what you want - just don't be callin' me late to supper:)

    LOL!

    Thanks for your support, Phil...and definaitely hit the LIKE button, I need all the votes I can get. Thanks again.

    -Craig
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392
    Joy1216 said:

    Wow!
    Craig, I loved your video. I know that Dr. Phil will be moved by your story and your sincerity.
    Joy

    Joy
    Thanks so much for watching and we'll hope for the best:)

    -c
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576
    Sundanceh said:

    Ralph?
    What am I going to do with you brother?

    :)

    Call me what you want - just don't be callin' me late to supper:)

    LOL!

    Thanks for your support, Phil...and definaitely hit the LIKE button, I need all the votes I can get. Thanks again.

    -Craig

    Craig
    helloo Craig......here I am recently arrived from the north woods. Watched your video and blubbered like a darned fool.....when you started to talk about Donna I just lost it. I am shocked to hear about Jen......gosh it makes me afraid to open this forum sometimes.

    good luck leo .......pulling for you big boy

    love always.......mags
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392
    maglets said:

    Craig
    helloo Craig......here I am recently arrived from the north woods. Watched your video and blubbered like a darned fool.....when you started to talk about Donna I just lost it. I am shocked to hear about Jen......gosh it makes me afraid to open this forum sometimes.

    good luck leo .......pulling for you big boy

    love always.......mags

    Hi Maggie May:)
    Yep, me too...as you saw, I barely made it talking about Chicky, before I got slightly unhinged and left a few tears for the world to see...I figured I'd leave it just as I shot it - real and uncensored.

    The Lion did die after Donna passed. But, as I said, her nickname for me became the inspiration behind the title for the book - it is a tribute to her. Makes me very sad that she is not here to see any of this. I miss hearing what she would have said.

    I'm so glad to see you!!

    Losing Jennie was pretty sudden for all of us - we had sat down to watch tv and were actually in decent spirits for a change - and then we got word....it was a shock! The community has shed a few tears, which means that she was valued here.

    Tears are the lubrication for the soul - they keep our insides oiled:)

    Well, I'm so glad that you are all a part of this - just means more to me that way. I feel like the community is there with me while we try this - otherwise I'd be battling alone...I've done enough of that.

    We're close to 200 views!

    I know it's hard to come here sometimes - but us friends, and especially us ol' timers gotta' stay together, right?

    Love you too!

    -Leo:)
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276
    steved said:

    WAtched it
    Enjoyed hearing you talk about your aim and really like the dedication. Most of all I liked being able to put a face to a name- really makes this board more human (like you I am most intereted in the human impacts of cancer) and perhaps more of us should post videos and pictures of ourselves to help link this community beyond the faceless posts we all use.

    Actually it reminded me of how we form false images of people from their posts- Irealised I had formed an image of you in my mind from reading your writing adn you look nothing like it.For some reason in my mind you had grey hair and were much older(perhaps to reflect the wisdom you write). Strange how we do that.

    Thanks for bringing more 'human-ness' to this site

    steve

    steved
    I agree with you. But where is you photo???
  • janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753
    Sundanceh said:

    Hi Maggie May:)
    Yep, me too...as you saw, I barely made it talking about Chicky, before I got slightly unhinged and left a few tears for the world to see...I figured I'd leave it just as I shot it - real and uncensored.

    The Lion did die after Donna passed. But, as I said, her nickname for me became the inspiration behind the title for the book - it is a tribute to her. Makes me very sad that she is not here to see any of this. I miss hearing what she would have said.

    I'm so glad to see you!!

    Losing Jennie was pretty sudden for all of us - we had sat down to watch tv and were actually in decent spirits for a change - and then we got word....it was a shock! The community has shed a few tears, which means that she was valued here.

    Tears are the lubrication for the soul - they keep our insides oiled:)

    Well, I'm so glad that you are all a part of this - just means more to me that way. I feel like the community is there with me while we try this - otherwise I'd be battling alone...I've done enough of that.

    We're close to 200 views!

    I know it's hard to come here sometimes - but us friends, and especially us ol' timers gotta' stay together, right?

    Love you too!

    -Leo:)

    Surely, Dr. Phil (a Texan),
    Surely, Dr. Phil (a Texan), couldn't possibly turn down another Texan. I think it will happen. :)
    I hate this disease and something needs to draw more attention to it. Too many billions of "donation" dollars are being wasted.
    Go get 'em Craig!!
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392
    janie1 said:

    Surely, Dr. Phil (a Texan),
    Surely, Dr. Phil (a Texan), couldn't possibly turn down another Texan. I think it will happen. :)
    I hate this disease and something needs to draw more attention to it. Too many billions of "donation" dollars are being wasted.
    Go get 'em Craig!!

    Taco Night?
    LOL!

    Nothing goes better with tacos than a Sundance video:)

    LOL!

    I like your attitude...I'm so blind I want to see the glass 1/2 full:)

    As always, thanks again, J!

    -Craig
  • joemetz
    joemetz Member Posts: 493
    Lion's Roar
    Keep your roar going and keep helping others.

    never lose your passion and your personal drive.

    I watched and listened and left a LIKE in hopes that Dr. Phil listens and hears you.

    Have you considered self publishing?

    Have you had any copies of your book printed yet?

    email me: [email protected]

    I might be able to help for the first or limited publishing run to get the ball rolling.

    my best

    JoeMetz - Toledo
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392
    joemetz said:

    Lion's Roar
    Keep your roar going and keep helping others.

    never lose your passion and your personal drive.

    I watched and listened and left a LIKE in hopes that Dr. Phil listens and hears you.

    Have you considered self publishing?

    Have you had any copies of your book printed yet?

    email me: [email protected]

    I might be able to help for the first or limited publishing run to get the ball rolling.

    my best

    JoeMetz - Toledo

    Hey Joe:)
    Thanks for watching!

    I have looked into self-publishing. Lulu looked good from the ones that I looked at. Of course, they say you can self-publish for "free."

    But, you and I know, Joe, there is no real free. I suppose if one were really talented with graphic arts for fonts and cover designs, and knew how to properly format correctly, one could go that route.

    But, that's not my forte at this point. The way I understand it, is that when you send it in to their server for the process itself, if things are lined up incorrectly or whatnot, then that's exactly how it gets printed.

    So, instead of a new chapter opening on the right page...it would open on the left, as an example. One major futz like that and the whole project loses credibility and it's all for naught then.

    So, then I checked out their "services." Very quickly, it adds up.

    So, a friend of mine recommended KickStarter, where investors contribute to the project in return for something - haven't had time to look into this yet. That's intriguing, but I talked with another guy and he said, you'd really need to have the hitters lined up....just cold calling it probably would not work.

    The other thing I've heard about self-publishing is that if you do it, you are no longer considered by the Big Boy publishers...in essence, you become tainted goods and they don't want to touch you.

    I've always felt for a project of this magnitude that I needed the deep pockets of a major publisher, for advertising and their long arms for distributiion and getting the product to the masses.

    Solely trying to get the attention of the Big Boys puts your manuscript in the slush pile, where it is likely to never see the light of day.

    As a result, I've concentrated my efforts in trying to land a literary agent to represent my project and use their connections with the major publishing houses to pull this thing off.

    Well, you saw the video, you know the rest....:)

    Going for Dr. Phil is a long shot, I know...I tried Sharon Osbourne a couple of times, but have heard nothing...did not expect to, of course.

    I've got another 10-agents I'm going to submit too - I expect rejections, but still I need to try, so I won't have to worry that I didn't try to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

    It's possible that my project just isn't mainstream, though a couple of agents told me that my work was viable and had merit. The issue is me being unknown and they are looking for "guaranteed sales."

    So, my project is a big risk for them.

    Of course, what really separates me from someone else that has a book out there?

    Ok...besides talent:)

    LOL!

    Thanks, Joe, I'm keeping all of the options open. I don't want to die and have this book sitting on a hard drive not doing anybody any good. I let the community read the first chapter and some samples from other chapters. Everyone seemed to like it - or they know how to not hurt my feelings:)

    I would like the book available in some form, so that at least some could tap into it if they chose to...I'd just hate to see it all for nothing. I know it could help soothe and I know I relate to folks with the topic.

    I worked really hard on it right after I got out of treatment. I've probably got 750 hours of my time wrapped up in this, so it was all consuming. Not to mention, having to go back through that emotional ride, so I could get the thoughts and feelings where I needed them to be.

    "The Lion's Roar" - A Texan's Journey Inside the World of Cancer.

    Chicky would have been so proud.

    Thanks again, Joe...I will think deeply about your offer...maybe we can team up...I usually kick **** when my projects become community projects:)

    All my best to you!

    -Craig
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392
    toyfox said:

    craig
    Watched the video....we both hope the best for you.
    No matter what happens you have been a light for many.
    Take care....Linda

    Linda:)
    Thank you for watching, Linda!

    Continued best to you and yours with this fight.

    Thank you for your kind words.

    They say a candle that burns so bright - only burns 1/2 as long:)

    Take care,
    -Craig
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392
    dmj101 said:

    Way to Go!!!!
    I hope Phill

    Way to Go!!!!
    I hope Phill helps you out..
    Best of luck
    Donna

    Thanks, Donna!
    Hope so!

    -c
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392
    jjaj133 said:

    Dear Craig, I just saw this
    Dear Craig, I just saw this and went on to u tube. Your are amazing and I will be praying for the best outcome.If your book gets published it will be wonderful, but IF the worst should happen and it doesn't, you will still have made a difference in so many lives. Remember that pebble in the pond? The ripples are innumerable.
    So is your impact. You carry Jennie's torch high & bright. No matter what happens, you will keep it going. Cause that is who you are.
    Love you my friend,
    Judy

    All Smiles, Judy:)
    I thought the impact was my fat **** hitting the pavement with a thundering THUD!

    LOL!

    "The Subject of IF" - sounds like another post, doesn't it?

    I hear your consoling words in your post - you know the odds are long as well as me and anyone else that is aware of this. I appreciate you trying to lessen my fall:)

    I've known IF all of my life - I was hoping to meet WHEN at some point though:)

    But, you're right...and I set myself up for failure by even trying. But, I'm reminded of a line from Gene Hackman in the 1973 epic, The Poseidon Adventure..."God Loves Tryers."

    If that's the case, He should just love me:)

    All I do is try - I'd like to win one though, before I head to the locker room - hang up my cleats - and call it a career:)

    Thank you for your friendship and all of the love and support you have given me. You are truly, like so many gals here, one of the good ones:)

    Thank you for watching - thank you for registering to post and comment - and thank you for being here....oh, and thanks for being with me:)

    Boy, I ladeled that on like thick gravy, huh?

    But, I meant every word:)

    Love you too!

    -Craig
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,712 **
    Sundanceh said:

    Hey Joe:)
    Thanks for watching!

    I have looked into self-publishing. Lulu looked good from the ones that I looked at. Of course, they say you can self-publish for "free."

    But, you and I know, Joe, there is no real free. I suppose if one were really talented with graphic arts for fonts and cover designs, and knew how to properly format correctly, one could go that route.

    But, that's not my forte at this point. The way I understand it, is that when you send it in to their server for the process itself, if things are lined up incorrectly or whatnot, then that's exactly how it gets printed.

    So, instead of a new chapter opening on the right page...it would open on the left, as an example. One major futz like that and the whole project loses credibility and it's all for naught then.

    So, then I checked out their "services." Very quickly, it adds up.

    So, a friend of mine recommended KickStarter, where investors contribute to the project in return for something - haven't had time to look into this yet. That's intriguing, but I talked with another guy and he said, you'd really need to have the hitters lined up....just cold calling it probably would not work.

    The other thing I've heard about self-publishing is that if you do it, you are no longer considered by the Big Boy publishers...in essence, you become tainted goods and they don't want to touch you.

    I've always felt for a project of this magnitude that I needed the deep pockets of a major publisher, for advertising and their long arms for distributiion and getting the product to the masses.

    Solely trying to get the attention of the Big Boys puts your manuscript in the slush pile, where it is likely to never see the light of day.

    As a result, I've concentrated my efforts in trying to land a literary agent to represent my project and use their connections with the major publishing houses to pull this thing off.

    Well, you saw the video, you know the rest....:)

    Going for Dr. Phil is a long shot, I know...I tried Sharon Osbourne a couple of times, but have heard nothing...did not expect to, of course.

    I've got another 10-agents I'm going to submit too - I expect rejections, but still I need to try, so I won't have to worry that I didn't try to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

    It's possible that my project just isn't mainstream, though a couple of agents told me that my work was viable and had merit. The issue is me being unknown and they are looking for "guaranteed sales."

    So, my project is a big risk for them.

    Of course, what really separates me from someone else that has a book out there?

    Ok...besides talent:)

    LOL!

    Thanks, Joe, I'm keeping all of the options open. I don't want to die and have this book sitting on a hard drive not doing anybody any good. I let the community read the first chapter and some samples from other chapters. Everyone seemed to like it - or they know how to not hurt my feelings:)

    I would like the book available in some form, so that at least some could tap into it if they chose to...I'd just hate to see it all for nothing. I know it could help soothe and I know I relate to folks with the topic.

    I worked really hard on it right after I got out of treatment. I've probably got 750 hours of my time wrapped up in this, so it was all consuming. Not to mention, having to go back through that emotional ride, so I could get the thoughts and feelings where I needed them to be.

    "The Lion's Roar" - A Texan's Journey Inside the World of Cancer.

    Chicky would have been so proud.

    Thanks again, Joe...I will think deeply about your offer...maybe we can team up...I usually kick **** when my projects become community projects:)

    All my best to you!

    -Craig

    Pages
    How many pages is it? My first job was working for a book publishing company and that's all I did was type all day long. Actually was the fastest typest there at 110 wpm and fairly accurate. The reason I'm asking about the length is because you might want to consider a "not so" well-known book publishing company. That might give you better odds of getting it printed. Just a thought. Still hoping for Dr. Phil to send you some good news. When would you know anyway? Is there some time line that he is accepting these offers? COME ON DOWN DR. PHIL - WE NEED YOU.

    Kim
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392

    Pages
    How many pages is it? My first job was working for a book publishing company and that's all I did was type all day long. Actually was the fastest typest there at 110 wpm and fairly accurate. The reason I'm asking about the length is because you might want to consider a "not so" well-known book publishing company. That might give you better odds of getting it printed. Just a thought. Still hoping for Dr. Phil to send you some good news. When would you know anyway? Is there some time line that he is accepting these offers? COME ON DOWN DR. PHIL - WE NEED YOU.

    Kim

    Kim
    Kim

    I'd publish with any bonafide outfit there was. It's about 230 pages by my count. But I've cold called a few publishers and don't even get a response there. At least the agents flat out reject me upfront.

    Self-publishing is a problem if you don't know what you are doing - I need help if I go that route.

    As far as timeline, I can't find any information on when it will end - or how I would find out. I suppose if I never hear, that's my answer...you know "The Sound of Silence."

    I'm with you, "come on down, Dr. P." This might be my best shot.

    I think there are over 250 responses in just over 5-days, so the activity has been good...

    I've sent inquires into Dr. Phil to ask about this...no response received...I've tried 3x now.

    I'll just keep it going...it's out of my hands now...

    Thanks!

    -Craig
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867
    Sundanceh said:

    All Smiles, Judy:)
    I thought the impact was my fat **** hitting the pavement with a thundering THUD!

    LOL!

    "The Subject of IF" - sounds like another post, doesn't it?

    I hear your consoling words in your post - you know the odds are long as well as me and anyone else that is aware of this. I appreciate you trying to lessen my fall:)

    I've known IF all of my life - I was hoping to meet WHEN at some point though:)

    But, you're right...and I set myself up for failure by even trying. But, I'm reminded of a line from Gene Hackman in the 1973 epic, The Poseidon Adventure..."God Loves Tryers."

    If that's the case, He should just love me:)

    All I do is try - I'd like to win one though, before I head to the locker room - hang up my cleats - and call it a career:)

    Thank you for your friendship and all of the love and support you have given me. You are truly, like so many gals here, one of the good ones:)

    Thank you for watching - thank you for registering to post and comment - and thank you for being here....oh, and thanks for being with me:)

    Boy, I ladeled that on like thick gravy, huh?

    But, I meant every word:)

    Love you too!

    -Craig

    it ain't over yet! Never,
    it ain't over yet! Never, never, stop trying, cause if you do, you might as well hang up your cleats. Picture yourself at a book signing. We will all be there. I'll be the one with the balloons.
    J