New "My Posts" Function

cmb
cmb Member Posts: 886 Member

If you haven't checked your "My CSN Space" section recently, you may not have seen the new "My Posts" function. This function enables you to:

  • See a list of the posts that you've initiated (the "Content" option).
  • See a list of the posts that you have commented on (the "Comments" option).

Since we know that the CSN's search function can be quirky, this is a great tool for members to use to see their own posts all in one place.

 image

Comments

  • MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,164 Member
    Cool!

    I just checked it out. There have been times that I wanted to find old posts of mine to reference in a reply and this would have come in handy. Did you play a hand in creating this? How did we ever manage before you found us? 

  • Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 250 Member
    edited April 2020 #3
    Great feature!

    This looks like it could be very convenient (assuming I can remember enough of what I'm looking for to find it!)  Thanks for letting us know, and thanks if you are the one who made it happen!

  • cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 886 Member
    edited April 2020 #4
    My Post Function

    I had sent CSN Support a list of questions/issues regarding searching on the site a few months ago. At that time, they told me they were already working on a method for members to search their own posts. So I take no credit for this feature. I'm just glad that it's up and running.

  • suzycruise76
    suzycruise76 Member Posts: 159 Member
    edited April 2020 #5
    Hi cmb,

    I was wondering if there is a function how to find all posts of a member who atracted my attention;for example I read her/his post on a forum,but it would be interesting to learn more about the case. Some members fill the My Story part,but not everbody does it,and even if that is the case,I still cannot go through her/his story steo by step.

     

    I am not sure if it is understandable,but hopefully you can answer to me.

    Thank you,

    Suzy

  • cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 886 Member
    edited April 2020 #6

    Hi cmb,

    I was wondering if there is a function how to find all posts of a member who atracted my attention;for example I read her/his post on a forum,but it would be interesting to learn more about the case. Some members fill the My Story part,but not everbody does it,and even if that is the case,I still cannot go through her/his story steo by step.

     

    I am not sure if it is understandable,but hopefully you can answer to me.

    Thank you,

    Suzy

    Searching another member's posts

    Suzy,

    The FAQ at the beginning of the topic list covers some recommended searching tips, including searching for the posts made by other members.

    To recap this process:

    Go to the "advanced" search function found under the "Search CSN Content" link at the upper right hand corner of the CSN website.

    To see the posts made by another member use the format "[username] Posts" such as cmb Posts in the "Containing the phrase" advanced search box. Also check "Discussion Boards." This search finds many, although typically not all, the posts made by the member.

    image

  • suzycruise76
    suzycruise76 Member Posts: 159 Member
    edited April 2020 #7
    cmb said:

    Searching another member's posts

    Suzy,

    The FAQ at the beginning of the topic list covers some recommended searching tips, including searching for the posts made by other members.

    To recap this process:

    Go to the "advanced" search function found under the "Search CSN Content" link at the upper right hand corner of the CSN website.

    To see the posts made by another member use the format "[username] Posts" such as cmb Posts in the "Containing the phrase" advanced search box. Also check "Discussion Boards." This search finds many, although typically not all, the posts made by the member.

    image

    Thank you,

    cmb, I am going to try it.

    Suzy

  • tequila
    tequila Member Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2020 #8
    UPSC - 5 YEAR SURVIVAL BLOG ???

    Can anyone please tell me what happened to the UPSC - 5 year SURVIVAL BLOG that was on this site in 2013. It was very  active and got me through some dark days and I was so grateful for it. Did it phase out - there were some  awfully tough ladies on this site who inspired me and I would love to know how they are doing - yes I am confident that some are still living and thriving.

  • cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 886 Member
    edited May 2020 #9
    tequila said:

    UPSC - 5 YEAR SURVIVAL BLOG ???

    Can anyone please tell me what happened to the UPSC - 5 year SURVIVAL BLOG that was on this site in 2013. It was very  active and got me through some dark days and I was so grateful for it. Did it phase out - there were some  awfully tough ladies on this site who inspired me and I would love to know how they are doing - yes I am confident that some are still living and thriving.

    See "UPSC - Any survivors greater than 5years?"

    Not sure if this is the topic you meant, but this is one from the general time period you were asking about: https://csn.cancer.org/node/249321 (title: UPSC - Any survivors greater than 5years?)

    Topic originated in 2012, with other posts added in 2013. Some of the ladies who responded then have since died, but others are still here, even though not everyone posts on a regular basis.

  • tequila
    tequila Member Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2020 #10
    cmb said:

    See "UPSC - Any survivors greater than 5years?"

    Not sure if this is the topic you meant, but this is one from the general time period you were asking about: https://csn.cancer.org/node/249321 (title: UPSC - Any survivors greater than 5years?)

    Topic originated in 2012, with other posts added in 2013. Some of the ladies who responded then have since died, but others are still here, even though not everyone posts on a regular basis.

    Thank you - yes this is it!

    Thank you so much.