CSN Login
Members Online: 6

You are here

Top doctors

Posts: 1
Joined: Jul 2018


who are the top doctors in the US for 

Pelvic cancer?

cmb's picture
Posts: 730
Joined: Jan 2018

Knowing the type of cancer you or your loved one has and whether you are seeking information for an initial treatment or a recurrence of cancer would help us in responding to your question.

I'm sure there are many excellent gynecological oncologists, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists across the United States who work with women with endometrioid adenocarcinoma, the most common type of uterine cancer. In this case, knowing where you are located could help the board members with this type of cancer offer some recommendations.

Then there are members who have more rare forms of uterine cancer such as UPSC (Uterine papillary serous carcinoma), clear-cell or carcinosarcoma. The pool of "experts" for these types of cancer is much smaller.

For example, for my type of cancer (uterine carcinosarcoma) there is a website that lists a few specialists at http://gcsproject.org/gcs-specialists-by-location/

However, many women with this cancer, including myself, have been treated by oncology doctors locally while others have gone to well-known centers such as MD Andersen or one of the other NCI-Designated Cancer Centers.

Members with UPSC, clear-cell or other cancer types may have additional thoughts on how they selected their doctors.

Please let us know more about what you (or your loved one) is facing.

Fayard's picture
Posts: 438
Joined: May 2011


I live in San Diego, CA. I was diagnosed with Clear Cell Adenocarcinoma. Because I work for the state, my insurance did not give any choices. Fortunately, I landed in the hands of a great Gynecologic Oncologist.

If anything, you want to have a Gynecologic Oncologist, because these doctors know the female reproductive system, cancer and are surgeons. If you are interested in more details, please email me.



Subscribe to Comments for "Top doctors"