Dear ladies

pato58
pato58 Member Posts: 120 Member

I have some great news; the pathology of my cancer is Endometrioid Adenocarcinoma, stage 1A. 
I am very happy!
Follow up every 4 months in the beginning, but the 1st visit is in 3 weeks.
Thank you to everyone of you who prayed for me and shared your sentiments. It was a lifesaver during such a trial period.
I will be following your journey online very often. You are all in my thoughts!!!


«1

Comments

  • MugsBugs
    MugsBugs Member Posts: 111 Member
    Best outcome

    Couldn‘t get a better prognosis.  Just remember to take care of yourself until you are fully recovered!

  • pato58
    pato58 Member Posts: 120 Member
    MugsBugs said:

    Best outcome

    Couldn‘t get a better prognosis.  Just remember to take care of yourself until you are fully recovered!

    Thank you

    MugsBugs, right now my belly is all black and blue with bruises and my DH is putting shots of Lovenox on my belly, twice a day, to avoid blood clots.
    Also, I have this weird feeling on the vaginal area, like feeling like I need to pee often and my hubby noticed the stiches closing the vaginal cuff?
    Will they absorve themselves?
    Hugs

  • Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221
    Great news indeed

    So happy for you. May you continue to heal and remain free of cancer.

  • Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Fantastic news!

    Fantastic news!

  • CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    Excellent news!

    Fabulous! Best news you could get!

  • MugsBugs
    MugsBugs Member Posts: 111 Member
    pato58 said:

    Thank you

    MugsBugs, right now my belly is all black and blue with bruises and my DH is putting shots of Lovenox on my belly, twice a day, to avoid blood clots.
    Also, I have this weird feeling on the vaginal area, like feeling like I need to pee often and my hubby noticed the stiches closing the vaginal cuff?
    Will they absorve themselves?
    Hugs

    Wow!

    Shots to stop blood clots are scary!  I didn't have any of that.  I had robotic surgery.  I bled the first few days but I didn't notice any stitches in the nether regions.  My husband said it looked like I had been hit by a machine gun because I had 5 holes going across my belly.  I also didn't have any outside stitches.  I was closed up with glue (looked like plastic).  It took about 2 1/2 weeks for it to dissolve.  The bruising also takes some time to go away.  For the first week I wore the belly binder whenever I was out of bed.  It helped a lot.  I also walked with a pillow.  We have a golden retriever and I was panicked that he would jump on my belly.  He seems to realize that something was wrong and he didn't jump on me.

    The weird feeling is normal.  It was a strong feeling for the first few weeks.  Even after 6 months I still occassionally get that feeling.  You have to remember a lot of stuff was removed and some stuff is trying to find a new home.  It takes time.  I have my 6 month checkup next month.

     

    Take care!

  • Northwoodsgirl
    Northwoodsgirl Member Posts: 571
    Pato58 great to hear

    Glad to hear your cancer was removed at an early stage! Hope you heal quickly. Remember to listen to your body and get rest and keep moving too!

    P.S. The vaginal cuff can’t be seen externally. A doctor uses a spectulum to open the vagina to see the vaginal cuff where your cervix prior to removal was located.  Internal stitches dissolve over time. 

    Lori

  • MrsBerry
    MrsBerry Member Posts: 102
    I am so pleased to hear such

    I am so pleased to hear such good news! :)

  • pato58
    pato58 Member Posts: 120 Member
    MugsBugs said:

    Wow!

    Shots to stop blood clots are scary!  I didn't have any of that.  I had robotic surgery.  I bled the first few days but I didn't notice any stitches in the nether regions.  My husband said it looked like I had been hit by a machine gun because I had 5 holes going across my belly.  I also didn't have any outside stitches.  I was closed up with glue (looked like plastic).  It took about 2 1/2 weeks for it to dissolve.  The bruising also takes some time to go away.  For the first week I wore the belly binder whenever I was out of bed.  It helped a lot.  I also walked with a pillow.  We have a golden retriever and I was panicked that he would jump on my belly.  He seems to realize that something was wrong and he didn't jump on me.

    The weird feeling is normal.  It was a strong feeling for the first few weeks.  Even after 6 months I still occassionally get that feeling.  You have to remember a lot of stuff was removed and some stuff is trying to find a new home.  It takes time.  I have my 6 month checkup next month.

     

    Take care!

    Hi MugsBugs

    I also had robotic surgery. So, did they not recommend Lovenox shots to you, not even once a day? 
    I also have the 5 incisions across my belly ( I actually thought they looked like nipples, hahaha)

  • pato58
    pato58 Member Posts: 120 Member
    Jairoldi said:

    Great news indeed

    So happy for you. May you continue to heal and remain free of cancer.

    Thank you

    Jairoldi, are those your grandkids? Beautiful pic

  • pato58
    pato58 Member Posts: 120 Member
    Soup52 said:

    Fantastic news!

    Fantastic news!

    Thank you

    Soup for your kind thoughts! 

  • pato58
    pato58 Member Posts: 120 Member
    MrsBerry said:

    I am so pleased to hear such

    I am so pleased to hear such good news! :)

    MrsBerry

    Laughing

  • pato58
    pato58 Member Posts: 120 Member
    Thank you

    all my beautiful and strong ladies Kiss
    Enjoy the weekend!

     

  • pato58
    pato58 Member Posts: 120 Member
    Jairoldi said:

    Great news indeed

    So happy for you. May you continue to heal and remain free of cancer.

    Thank you

    again

  • pato58
    pato58 Member Posts: 120 Member

    Excellent news!

    Fabulous! Best news you could get!

    Thank you

    again and I hope we keep in touchLaughing

  • pato58
    pato58 Member Posts: 120 Member

    Excellent news!

    Fabulous! Best news you could get!

    Thank you

    Cheese, how are you feeling?
    I had a good experience at Cooper.
    I was in a private room, in the new building (I requested that!) and I am satisfied with the attention Smile

  • pato58
    pato58 Member Posts: 120 Member

    Pato58 great to hear

    Glad to hear your cancer was removed at an early stage! Hope you heal quickly. Remember to listen to your body and get rest and keep moving too!

    P.S. The vaginal cuff can’t be seen externally. A doctor uses a spectulum to open the vagina to see the vaginal cuff where your cervix prior to removal was located.  Internal stitches dissolve over time. 

    Lori

    Lori

    I appreciate your explanation about the vaginal cuff. So the internal stiches (sorry for my ignorance) are closing what area? They look pretty strong to dissolve themselves! Sealed
    Hugs Laughing

     

  • Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221
    pato58 said:

    Thank you

    Jairoldi, are those your grandkids? Beautiful pic

    My two youngest

    Thanks. These are my two youngest grandchildren and a delight to my heart.

  • MugsBugs
    MugsBugs Member Posts: 111 Member
    pato58 said:

    Hi MugsBugs

    I also had robotic surgery. So, did they not recommend Lovenox shots to you, not even once a day? 
    I also have the 5 incisions across my belly ( I actually thought they looked like nipples, hahaha)

    No Lovenox

    The only medication after surgery was percoset for pain!  Do you have a history of blood clots?

     

  • pato58
    pato58 Member Posts: 120 Member
    MugsBugs

    No, not really. The only thing is that i am quite overweight and I take 40 mgs (minimal dose) of Diovan for high blood pressure. I am not even diabetic as my Ac1 is normal. No previous cancer history either.

    Yesterday I started spotting again upon urinating, I saw a small blood clot in the toilet.
    I am kind of suspecting that maybe twice a day Lovenox is making my blood too thin?
    Did you bleed a little after surgery? Ladies, did you, 8 days after surgery?
    Thanks!