MMJ

CRashster
CRashster Member Posts: 241

Since Fox brought it up, I've always wondered. Any supporters here? I used to not believe in it, for the moral reasons Fox mentions, but cancer changed me. Quick poll, who's down? I know I am.

Comments

  • Steph85
    Steph85 Member Posts: 166
    Absolutely!

    CBD with indica THC has helped with my pain, anxiety, nausea, and insomnia. I only do edibles. I know sativa with CBD is good for pain as well as appetite and makes you less sleepy than indica. I live in Oregon where its legal . I went to a dispensary and they helped with what would help for my issues. I'm all for it!

    Steph

  • CRashster
    CRashster Member Posts: 241
    Steph85 said:

    Absolutely!

    CBD with indica THC has helped with my pain, anxiety, nausea, and insomnia. I only do edibles. I know sativa with CBD is good for pain as well as appetite and makes you less sleepy than indica. I live in Oregon where its legal . I went to a dispensary and they helped with what would help for my issues. I'm all for it!

    Steph

    Me

    after my surgery, my energy came back like nervous energy. My doc gave me Xanax, which I hated. I couldn’t relax. It took a while to find, but I finally found some cannabis. Seeing that the government now recognizes that it kills cancer cells, I was convinced. It was crazy as a 52 year old trying to score a bag. My doc said that there is no reason for him to tell me not to use it. My wife was initially against it, but now after she sees it helps, encourages it.  I’m in a non legal state. I have a friend who supplies me with oil. Thanks for sharing.

  • MelBlessed
    MelBlessed Member Posts: 71
    Yes

    I’ve never smoked or used but I would if needed!  It has help some of my hospice patients.

  • Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    As a good

    catholic girl will somebody explain What to do

    where  get it from

    and what it feels like

    i hope none of you get arrested btw

  • CRashster
    CRashster Member Posts: 241

    As a good

    catholic girl will somebody explain What to do

    where  get it from

    and what it feels like

    i hope none of you get arrested btw

    Some guy

    a guy I know is actually a grower. I gave up when I finally had a conversation with him. I had no idea and he was my first hook up. I was lucky. I smoked at first, now I vape some and eat oil Made from cannabis. It’s hard to describe what it feels like, but it does take away pain. It’s like my brain goes on auto pilot and I quit thinking. My brain just opens up. Then I get the best sleep I’ve ever had. And I too hope no one gets arrested, but as cancer patients this conversation is worth having.

  • daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 529 Member
    Haven't tried

    Illegal where i am at, But dr gave me Xanax and it works for me for anxiety.  Helps with sleeping.  For me

     it's calming like having a few glasses of wine.  

  • stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 954 Member
    supporter

    For medical purposes.....Absolutely!

    Stub

  • Steph85
    Steph85 Member Posts: 166
    CRashster said:

    Me

    after my surgery, my energy came back like nervous energy. My doc gave me Xanax, which I hated. I couldn’t relax. It took a while to find, but I finally found some cannabis. Seeing that the government now recognizes that it kills cancer cells, I was convinced. It was crazy as a 52 year old trying to score a bag. My doc said that there is no reason for him to tell me not to use it. My wife was initially against it, but now after she sees it helps, encourages it.  I’m in a non legal state. I have a friend who supplies me with oil. Thanks for sharing.

    My doctors were against

    My doctors were against giving me xanax for whatever reason. My pot gummies work just as great! I went to the dispensary my first time a few months ago and I saw pipes and cannabis on display everywhere. I didn't know what to do or what to take haha. I used to smoke it when I was a teen but... Things sure have changed in the last 15 years haha!

  • CRashster
    CRashster Member Posts: 241
    Steph85 said:

    My doctors were against

    My doctors were against giving me xanax for whatever reason. My pot gummies work just as great! I went to the dispensary my first time a few months ago and I saw pipes and cannabis on display everywhere. I didn't know what to do or what to take haha. I used to smoke it when I was a teen but... Things sure have changed in the last 15 years haha!

    Ha.

    i smoked maybe 3 times as a teen, so I had a lot of learning. It was funny, everywhere I went on my journey, people had the same reaction, “ you don’t look like a pot smoker.” I said, “ I’m not, I’m a cancer patient.”

  • Hd67xlch
    Hd67xlch Member Posts: 151
    Im in........

    while for me its more of a recreational thing, but it really does help with my back pain. I quit smoking it years ago, I just use a vape pen with the pre filled cartridges now. You can get the pre filled carts and use them anywhere, for me its just a night time thing though.  Im a firm  believer in  "better living through better chemistry" it has always worked for me. Good luck

  • APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Absolutely. It's just a weed

    Absolutely. It's just a weed for goodness' sake. I don't buy the whole "gateway to heroin" BS. All for total legalization.

  • Gtngbtr58 @aol.com
    Gtngbtr58 @aol.com Member Posts: 206
    I am

    So for it!!!  Whatever helps-use it!!!  G-d allowed man to discover it for a reason-Here's to feeling good

     

  • Oneshot
    Oneshot Member Posts: 153
    Just food for thought

    I realize I'm new to the group.   Honestly I have met 2 folks who mentioned they use the RSO. With positve results for thier cancers and pain management. This was after they had found out about my wife's diagnoses and they told me about RSO . Since the subject was brought to light and a couple of you asked.

    http://phoenixtears.ca/phoenix-tears-the-rick-simpson-story/

    Just sharing the site . Nothing more .  Not condoning or condemning.

    Oneshot 

     

     

  • Hd67xlch
    Hd67xlch Member Posts: 151
    RSO.............

    can be really potent stuff, I really dont know whether to believe if it cures anything, but it does produce one heck of a buzz, which in itself is a good thing, and I know its good for pain from personal experience. What you have to watch for is that there are like a 100 different variables of the oil out there now, its basically just the same thc oil that you can get anywhere. JMO

  • CRashster
    CRashster Member Posts: 241
    my friend

    I have a friend who used to smoke. She is much younger and actually helped me get started and was the one who told me that it's ok for your medicene to make you feel good. She took half the dose that I use and that was enough. After 4 hours of couchlock, she really didn't want anymore.

  • ImNotDeadYet
    ImNotDeadYet Member Posts: 244
    Absolutely

    One of the factors in moving to Colorado was the culture around cannabis. Good selections to get the right strains for pain and GI discomfort, and it's very affordable here, especially with a med card. Federally classifying it as a Schedule 1 substance is sheer insanity, unless you're a pharmaceutical company that stands to lose money if it's reclassified and legalized