CSN Login
Members Online: 2

You are here

Advice required

JerseyMom
Posts: 2
Joined: Jul 2017

Hi all, 

This is my first time posting here and just looking for some advice. I'm a 51 year old with a history of fibroids. I went to my GYN two weeks ago as I'd had two months of heaving bleeding and clotting and severe cramps. She said I had a fleshy mass coming out of my cervix and sent me for an ultrasound. 

I went for the results yesterday and to meet with a more senior doctor who removed the fleshy mass with forceps (painlessly) and took some endometrial samples. She said it could be a fibroid but also could be uterine cancer. She even waved it in front of my face asking if I wanted to take a look. 

The doctor told me last week it was fleshy and approx 1 inch by 3 inches long although I couldn't tell yesterday. 

Apart from the heavy periods and some watery discharge I have burning in my vagina on and off. 

I need to wait 10 days for the results but I wondered if anyone else had heard of a uterine tumor being removed in a doctor's office like that? 

Thank you for your advice 

 

JerseyMom

 

 

NoTimeForCancer's picture
NoTimeForCancer
Posts: 2585
Joined: Mar 2013

JerseyMom, first I think everyone will tell you that WAITING is the hardest part.  I would say until you know what you are dealing with don't get too far ahead of yourself.  Info on Mr. Google is crazy so stay away from that and try to have fun with your family or friends until you hear the test results.  I pray it is good and you can get fixed up quickly.  If you find you have to deal with cancer find yourself a gynecologic oncologist (that is who you need to work with - NOT just a gyn) and we will help you with all your questions.  Praying it is all ok.

MAbound
Posts: 863
Joined: Jun 2016

I, too, had tissue extending from my cervix when I was sent for a biopsy. My gyn sent it to the lab labeled "stat" for results. When cancer is a suspected possibility, diagnosis should be a priority over routine testing. My biopsy showed I was a grade 3 EC and staging after surgery put me at 3c. Delay could have easily resulted in being a stage 4 by time I got to surgery and treatment. Sometimes you have to be assertive rather than passive about what's happening to you and this is a situation that certainly qualifies. It's ok to call your doctor and ask why your test isn't being given priority under the circumstances. Doctor's are known to cover their behinds when they know a patient is going to keep them on their toes and make them account for their care. Yes, this is  a waiting game sometimes, but sometimes you have to be that squeeky wheel.

JerseyMom
Posts: 2
Joined: Jul 2017

Thank you to both of you. I'll follow up next week. I'm anxious to not delay any further. 

Subscribe to Comments for "Advice required"