CSN Login
Members Online: 0

You are here

CSN Outage 6/17/21

CSN will be down briefly for maintenance 6/17/2021, starting at 10pm EST. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

waiting for results -question

Posts: 7
Joined: Mar 2017

Hi all,

I'm waiting for results of my hysteroscopy and d&c from last Wednesday. It's making me a bit crazy!

I have a question though. If there is no cancer, should I ask for a referral to a surgeon anyway? I feel like this scare is enough for me to go get the hysterectomy I've been avoiding for 15 years. I have severe endometriosis, multiple endometriomas on my ovary, and ?adenomyosis. I'm afraid of what may be to come but withball my scar tissue I've been avoiding it. 

This doctor booked me for 2 months from now. Shouldn't he want to follow up on the rest of the ultrasound findings?

Would appreciate opinions!



TeddyandBears_Mom's picture
Posts: 1745
Joined: Jun 2015

Hey Cindy, I don't know what happened to my response. I sent you one. Very strange.

Anyway, I agree. Try to get them to do a hysterectomy even if this comes back clear. Why deal with all of the other stuff if you don't plan to get pregnant!?

Please let us know what you find out.

Love and Hugs,


Posts: 529
Joined: Oct 2016

If I had it to do over again I would of had mine OUT in 2010 and possibly avoided the whole thing!  I too had severe scarring and endo with thickening, fibroids etc etc and certainly do wish I had of had someone tell me what the risk was to keeping all that- I had some fear from my adopted mother rolling around in my head because she'd had to have everything out at a young age and she was concerned with hormones from almost as early as I can remember- she passed that on to me :(   Anyway, that's my 2 cents for what it's worth.   (((HUGS)))

Lou Ann M's picture
Lou Ann M
Posts: 996
Joined: Feb 2015

i think I would push for the hysterectomy.  Know what I know now, I think I would have asked for one long time ago when I had a few problems with a fibroid.  Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

Double Whammy's picture
Double Whammy
Posts: 2831
Joined: Jun 2010

When I had my last  biopsy, I asked the gynecologist about having a prophylactic hysterectomy.  I had had several prior biopsies and I just did not want this to continue until some day I showed up with cancer (previous biopsies had been negative).  She said I was a good candidate for a prophylactic hysterectomy and agreed to do it in the future.  My biopsy came back positive, so it was a non issue, but I often wonder if it's such a great idea to leave us with dysfunctional parts until they get really sick.  I would definitely ask about having a hysterectomy even if all is well (and I hope it is).  If your uterus is gone, it's not going to develop cancer.  And that's my story and I'm sticking to it!


Soup52's picture
Posts: 906
Joined: Jan 2016

Yes, I would ask for the hysterectom, too and wish I had as I had fibroids. Maybe I could have avoided all of this.

Kvdyson's picture
Posts: 789
Joined: Jan 2016

I agree with the others to request the hysterectomy. Given your history and recent scare, there is no good reason for a doctor to deny it. Good luck to you on the results. Wishing you all the best. Kim 

SandyD's picture
Posts: 130
Joined: Oct 2015

With a history of painful periods, fibroids, etc. I can see in hindsight that I'd have been a whole lot better off if I'd had a prophylactic hysterectomy. I'd go for it.

Kaleena's picture
Posts: 2057
Joined: Nov 2009

No questions, I would go for the hysterectomy.

Subscribe to Comments for "waiting for results -question"