Welcome to the new Cancer Survivors Network website! Existing members can click HERE to review the changes and new features on CSN.

And so it begins

Editgrl
Editgrl Member Posts: 903

Got the results from my CT scan today and so far, so good.  Nothing showed up.  Big sigh and a few tears of relief.  I meet with my surgeon on Wednesday and surgery is scheduled for July 10.  I'm taking things one day at a time, and I know after surgery I'll know more, but today I feel positive and am trying to prepare my body to be the best little cancer-fighting machine it can be. 

Chris

Comments

  • TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,801 **
    good news!

    Chris, So glad to hear your CT scan was clear. We continue to follow the same path. Mine was also clear. Laughing

    I hope your surgery goes just as smoothly for you! I'll be thinking of you.  (Mine is scheduled for July 22nd.  My surgeon is going on vacation for a couple of weeks first.) I met him this past Friday. He was easy to talk to.  And, I feel confident that I am in the best of hands. I am a good candidate for the robotic surgery. That was good news for me. They weren't sure I would be since I never had any kids. In his words.... Can only do it if it will fit through the door.  lol

    I spent some time looking at wigs on line today. Along with hats, bangs, scarfs, eye lashes, etc. I know it is way ahead of things but it just felt like something I needed to do. I guess I'm trying to get myself mentally ready for all that is ahead. It is odd, but I haven't cried yet. Not sure exactly what I feel these days. I have gone from terrified to being on a mission to beat this. Where that fits on the emotional roller coaster escapes me at the moment.

    Please keep us posted as you go through your next steps. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need to vent. I continue to find this board a major life line. I'm sure you do too.

    Take care of yourself.  Cindi

  • Tikvah
    Tikvah Member Posts: 24
    Congratulations

    That's excellent news  I hope the surgery finds no lymph involvment.  But at least you know things are managable.  

    I have a CAT scan sometime in July.  I'm 1-1/2 years post-op (which was robotic and not that difficult) and also post-chemo.  

     

    Good luck and Celebrate the good CAT scan!!!

  • Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903

    good news!

    Chris, So glad to hear your CT scan was clear. We continue to follow the same path. Mine was also clear. Laughing

    I hope your surgery goes just as smoothly for you! I'll be thinking of you.  (Mine is scheduled for July 22nd.  My surgeon is going on vacation for a couple of weeks first.) I met him this past Friday. He was easy to talk to.  And, I feel confident that I am in the best of hands. I am a good candidate for the robotic surgery. That was good news for me. They weren't sure I would be since I never had any kids. In his words.... Can only do it if it will fit through the door.  lol

    I spent some time looking at wigs on line today. Along with hats, bangs, scarfs, eye lashes, etc. I know it is way ahead of things but it just felt like something I needed to do. I guess I'm trying to get myself mentally ready for all that is ahead. It is odd, but I haven't cried yet. Not sure exactly what I feel these days. I have gone from terrified to being on a mission to beat this. Where that fits on the emotional roller coaster escapes me at the moment.

    Please keep us posted as you go through your next steps. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need to vent. I continue to find this board a major life line. I'm sure you do too.

    Take care of yourself.  Cindi

    Cindi, I remembered

    that your appointment with the surgeon was on Friday and was wondering how it went.  Sounds like it went well.  We have another thing in common.  I have not had children either, so it will be interesting to see what the verdict is on Wednesday.  Once the surgery was on the calendar, I felt compelled to do something, anything, between now and then.  Not looking at wigs, but I do have a haircut scheduled next week.  I'm going to have him do it really short.  Might as well be prepared.  And I am taking steps to improve my diet, even though I think it was pretty darn good before.

    I just figure the stronger I can make my body, the better it can deal with all the surgery/treatments.

    The emotional roller coaster was running at breakneck speed for the last 48 hours before I got the call from my doctor.  At the moment, I'm on one of the plateaus and plan on enjoying it while it lasts.  We will get through this, Cindi!

  • Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903
    Tikvah said:

    Congratulations

    That's excellent news  I hope the surgery finds no lymph involvment.  But at least you know things are managable.  

    I have a CAT scan sometime in July.  I'm 1-1/2 years post-op (which was robotic and not that difficult) and also post-chemo.  

     

    Good luck and Celebrate the good CAT scan!!!

    Thanks, Tikvah!

    Here's hoping for a clear CAT scan for you, too!  The good results also made it easier to break this news to my family.  While they are still stunned, they realize that so far, this is the best news we could hope for.

  • Diya
    Diya Member Posts: 93
    Editgrl said:

    Cindi, I remembered

    that your appointment with the surgeon was on Friday and was wondering how it went.  Sounds like it went well.  We have another thing in common.  I have not had children either, so it will be interesting to see what the verdict is on Wednesday.  Once the surgery was on the calendar, I felt compelled to do something, anything, between now and then.  Not looking at wigs, but I do have a haircut scheduled next week.  I'm going to have him do it really short.  Might as well be prepared.  And I am taking steps to improve my diet, even though I think it was pretty darn good before.

    I just figure the stronger I can make my body, the better it can deal with all the surgery/treatments.

    The emotional roller coaster was running at breakneck speed for the last 48 hours before I got the call from my doctor.  At the moment, I'm on one of the plateaus and plan on enjoying it while it lasts.  We will get through this, Cindi!

    Chris and cindi

    wishing you both good luck with the surgery. Hope it goes really well for you both! Best wishes, diya

  • TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,801 **
    Editgrl said:

    Cindi, I remembered

    that your appointment with the surgeon was on Friday and was wondering how it went.  Sounds like it went well.  We have another thing in common.  I have not had children either, so it will be interesting to see what the verdict is on Wednesday.  Once the surgery was on the calendar, I felt compelled to do something, anything, between now and then.  Not looking at wigs, but I do have a haircut scheduled next week.  I'm going to have him do it really short.  Might as well be prepared.  And I am taking steps to improve my diet, even though I think it was pretty darn good before.

    I just figure the stronger I can make my body, the better it can deal with all the surgery/treatments.

    The emotional roller coaster was running at breakneck speed for the last 48 hours before I got the call from my doctor.  At the moment, I'm on one of the plateaus and plan on enjoying it while it lasts.  We will get through this, Cindi!

    Chris, thanks for sharing. I

    Chris, thanks for sharing. I also have been working on the diet. And, like you I ate fairly well before. I'm trying to motivate myself to get back on the elyptical. I think it will help but so far I keep procrastinating. I hope you LOVE your new hair style!

    Hey, one thing.... Make sure you pee before your exam! If your surgeon does the same as mine, they will press on your stomach to push your uterus within feeling distance to see if it will 'fit through the door'. It doesn't hurt but I sure was glad for an empty bladder. :-)

    Sending lots of love and support your way! While I hate that we met this way, I'm really glad to be on the journey with you. (That doesn't exactly read right but I think you get my drift!)  Cindi

  • TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,801 **
    Diya said:

    Chris and cindi

    wishing you both good luck with the surgery. Hope it goes really well for you both! Best wishes, diya

    Diya, thanks very much. Cindi

    Diya, thanks very much. Cindi

  • Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903

    Chris, thanks for sharing. I

    Chris, thanks for sharing. I also have been working on the diet. And, like you I ate fairly well before. I'm trying to motivate myself to get back on the elyptical. I think it will help but so far I keep procrastinating. I hope you LOVE your new hair style!

    Hey, one thing.... Make sure you pee before your exam! If your surgeon does the same as mine, they will press on your stomach to push your uterus within feeling distance to see if it will 'fit through the door'. It doesn't hurt but I sure was glad for an empty bladder. :-)

    Sending lots of love and support your way! While I hate that we met this way, I'm really glad to be on the journey with you. (That doesn't exactly read right but I think you get my drift!)  Cindi

    Thanks, Cindi.

    I do get your drift! Hoping for the best for you.

    Chris