Please Wish me Luck

APny
APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member

Scanxiety for sure. Tomorrow is my six month checkup with blood work, chest x-ray, and kidney scan. Friday was the nuclear kidney function scan but don't have results yet. I'm also meeting with my surgeon tomorrow afternoon but I don't understand how he'll have all the test results by then. Getting really nervous.

Comments

  • Phredswife
    Phredswife Member Posts: 162
    Good luck Apny

    Wishing you well with your scans tomorrow. Wishing you nothing but NVEDSmile Hugs Melissa

  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,360 Member

    Good luck Apny

    Wishing you well with your scans tomorrow. Wishing you nothing but NVEDSmile Hugs Melissa

    Everything should be fine

    Apny,

     

    Thats easy for me to say. But the facts are on your side. This is just one of those rights of passage.

     

    Icemantoo

  • BellaBinksMom
    BellaBinksMom Member Posts: 78
    Good Luck to you

    Good luck with all of your tests.  It is amazing how fast the results are sent to our physicians now.  I had an X-Ray done and it was in my doctor's office before I got home from the facility.  

  • APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member

    Good Luck to you

    Good luck with all of your tests.  It is amazing how fast the results are sent to our physicians now.  I had an X-Ray done and it was in my doctor's office before I got home from the facility.  

    Thank you everyone. I'm very

    Thank you everyone. I'm very anxious because while it was fairly small and stage one, it was a not too comforting grade 3. I really appreciate the good wishes! BBM, I suppose he'll have the results then by the time I see him. Much better than trying to muddle through it on my own and scaring myself to death with Google, lol.

  • Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    Good luck to you, Apny! Mine

    Good luck to you, Apny! Mine is coming up too...so I know the feeling! We will be waiting to hear from you!

    Hugs

    Jojo

  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181
    Jojo61 said:

    Good luck to you, Apny! Mine

    Good luck to you, Apny! Mine is coming up too...so I know the feeling! We will be waiting to hear from you!

    Hugs

    Jojo

    Don't we just love scans?

    Mine is in 2 weeks also. I've lost count. Maybe 25 of them in the last 3 years. NED is the goal, but stable is very acceptable. Here is to dieing of old age! Cheers all.

  • Skagway Jack
    Skagway Jack Member Posts: 224 Member
    Best of Luck!

    I have my 1st annual scan this week on Thursday, so I know your state of mind.  I feel great, but I still cant help wondering....except for the hematuria i felt fine the first time around.  These are the worries as we get close to a scan, but the "odds are ever in our favor" to quote a popular movie.  Cheers!

  • APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member

    Best of Luck!

    I have my 1st annual scan this week on Thursday, so I know your state of mind.  I feel great, but I still cant help wondering....except for the hematuria i felt fine the first time around.  These are the worries as we get close to a scan, but the "odds are ever in our favor" to quote a popular movie.  Cheers!

    Thank you everyone, off to

    Thank you everyone, off to the test now. Yikes. Hoping everyone's upcoming scans go well and provide good news!

  • BellaBinksMom
    BellaBinksMom Member Posts: 78
    APny said:

    Thank you everyone, off to

    Thank you everyone, off to the test now. Yikes. Hoping everyone's upcoming scans go well and provide good news!

    Thinking of you

    Sending up a prayer for you this morning.  Hope all goes well with you scan.

  • aamdsi
    aamdsi Member Posts: 284
    Hoping to hear

    Your good news soon!

  • danbren2
    danbren2 Member Posts: 311
    Scan Results?

    Hi Apny,

          How did your results go, hopefully everything is wonderful!

                                                     Prayers for good health,

                                                      Brenda

  • APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    danbren2 said:

    Scan Results?

    Hi Apny,

          How did your results go, hopefully everything is wonderful!

                                                     Prayers for good health,

                                                      Brenda

    Thank you so much everyone. I

    Thank you so much everyone. I really appreciate the good wishes and prayers. Thank God everything looks great (scan, blood test, and kidney function scan) but the chest x-ray did not come back before I saw my doc. So that's the last thing I'm sweating but he said he's highly doubtful anything would be wrong with it when the other results were good. Still, I want to see it before assuming anything but it's a big relief that everything else is good. There's a very small cyst on my right kidney that was there last time too but he said there's no change since then. We'll just keep an eye on it.

    Wishing for the best results for everyone else whose scans are coming up!

  • donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,024 Member
    APny said:

    Thank you so much everyone. I

    Thank you so much everyone. I really appreciate the good wishes and prayers. Thank God everything looks great (scan, blood test, and kidney function scan) but the chest x-ray did not come back before I saw my doc. So that's the last thing I'm sweating but he said he's highly doubtful anything would be wrong with it when the other results were good. Still, I want to see it before assuming anything but it's a big relief that everything else is good. There's a very small cyst on my right kidney that was there last time too but he said there's no change since then. We'll just keep an eye on it.

    Wishing for the best results for everyone else whose scans are coming up!

    It might help to know...

    that the Scanxiety does get a tad bit better the more years that you are a survivor.  The pre-anticipation doesn't start as early prior to the tests and the level of stress doesn't go quite as high.

    As in:  Biteing heads off or reaming someone a new "one" - vs -  stomping on a bug.

    That being said, I head into the office tomorrow to see if some of my labs have settled down since last month. And yes, I'm concerned; because if things don't look good, they'll order a CT to find out what's causing some of the symptoms.

    Try to find things to do that keep you physically busy and occupy your mind.  Gardening and pulling weeds; sorting photos, taking a walk, playing with kids or grands, reading an absorbing book, having coffee with friends, learing a new recipe.  You get the idea-find a distraction.  And take care of the rest of your body and mind.

    Best Wishes and all Success.

    Donna

  • APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    donna_lee said:

    It might help to know...

    that the Scanxiety does get a tad bit better the more years that you are a survivor.  The pre-anticipation doesn't start as early prior to the tests and the level of stress doesn't go quite as high.

    As in:  Biteing heads off or reaming someone a new "one" - vs -  stomping on a bug.

    That being said, I head into the office tomorrow to see if some of my labs have settled down since last month. And yes, I'm concerned; because if things don't look good, they'll order a CT to find out what's causing some of the symptoms.

    Try to find things to do that keep you physically busy and occupy your mind.  Gardening and pulling weeds; sorting photos, taking a walk, playing with kids or grands, reading an absorbing book, having coffee with friends, learing a new recipe.  You get the idea-find a distraction.  And take care of the rest of your body and mind.

    Best Wishes and all Success.

    Donna

    Hope your labs are good,

    Hope your labs are good, Donna_Lee. Hope you get good news tomorrow! And it's good to hear the scanxiety gets a little better as time goes by.

  • aamdsi
    aamdsi Member Posts: 284
    donna_lee said:

    It might help to know...

    that the Scanxiety does get a tad bit better the more years that you are a survivor.  The pre-anticipation doesn't start as early prior to the tests and the level of stress doesn't go quite as high.

    As in:  Biteing heads off or reaming someone a new "one" - vs -  stomping on a bug.

    That being said, I head into the office tomorrow to see if some of my labs have settled down since last month. And yes, I'm concerned; because if things don't look good, they'll order a CT to find out what's causing some of the symptoms.

    Try to find things to do that keep you physically busy and occupy your mind.  Gardening and pulling weeds; sorting photos, taking a walk, playing with kids or grands, reading an absorbing book, having coffee with friends, learing a new recipe.  You get the idea-find a distraction.  And take care of the rest of your body and mind.

    Best Wishes and all Success.

    Donna

    Wishing you

    Wonderful results tomorrow, Donna! 

    Let's keep the clear scans going.  Sleep well and hope to hear from you soon.

     

    Hugs,
    Laurie

  • APny said:

    Thank you so much everyone. I

    Thank you so much everyone. I really appreciate the good wishes and prayers. Thank God everything looks great (scan, blood test, and kidney function scan) but the chest x-ray did not come back before I saw my doc. So that's the last thing I'm sweating but he said he's highly doubtful anything would be wrong with it when the other results were good. Still, I want to see it before assuming anything but it's a big relief that everything else is good. There's a very small cyst on my right kidney that was there last time too but he said there's no change since then. We'll just keep an eye on it.

    Wishing for the best results for everyone else whose scans are coming up!

    Great news, APny!!  Did you

    Great news, APny!!  Did you see Dr. Rock Star, or a resident?  My 6 month date is not until January.  Looking forward to another trip into NYC.

  • APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member

    Great news, APny!!  Did you

    Great news, APny!!  Did you see Dr. Rock Star, or a resident?  My 6 month date is not until January.  Looking forward to another trip into NYC.

    Thanks, Positive. No rock

    Thanks, Positive. No rock star for me; I guess I'm not important enough, lol. Which is a good thing, I suppose. But I saw his fellow, who is also very nice Smile

  • a_oaklee
    a_oaklee Member Posts: 566 Member
    APny said:

    Thanks, Positive. No rock

    Thanks, Positive. No rock star for me; I guess I'm not important enough, lol. Which is a good thing, I suppose. But I saw his fellow, who is also very nice Smile

    Congrats

    Congratulations on all of your great results.  You must be relieved.  Take care. Annie

     

    good luck Donna Lee.  I like all the ideas you shared to distract oneself during times of anxiety.

  • APny said:

    Thanks, Positive. No rock

    Thanks, Positive. No rock star for me; I guess I'm not important enough, lol. Which is a good thing, I suppose. But I saw his fellow, who is also very nice Smile

    APny, you did the nuclear

    APny, you did the nuclear kidney function test.  Did you sign up to be part of their research?  The reason I am asking, and perhaps others can say, is that I want to know if the nuclear kidney function test is a normal test they do with the other scans. My guess is yes because it is testing the function of your kidneys.  I signed up to let them use me and my results for research, figuring it would help others down the road. 

  • APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member

    APny, you did the nuclear

    APny, you did the nuclear kidney function test.  Did you sign up to be part of their research?  The reason I am asking, and perhaps others can say, is that I want to know if the nuclear kidney function test is a normal test they do with the other scans. My guess is yes because it is testing the function of your kidneys.  I signed up to let them use me and my results for research, figuring it would help others down the road. 

    Yes, I did sign up for the

    Yes, I did sign up for the research project but the kidney function test would be given regardless, I believe. I signed up for the same reason as you.