6 month scan and appt. tomorrow

aamdsi
aamdsi Member Posts: 284

Both "excited" and terrified.  But, from reading others posts on theirs, I guess it's normal. 

Anything I should ask?

Looking forward to breakfast at one of my favorite places afterward with hubby.  Then the day off to do ...nothing (and I'll get a lot of that done).

Have a wonderful day everyone!  Wish me luck

 

«1

Comments

  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,360 Member
    Weather

    The weather could not be any nicer for tody's events here in Michigan.

     

    Icemantoo

  • donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,024 Member
    icemantoo said:

    Weather

    The weather could not be any nicer for tody's events here in Michigan.

     

    Icemantoo

    I'm wishing you luck...

    Here's hoping the results are totally Underwhelming, Blah, etc.

    Donna

  • aamdsi
    aamdsi Member Posts: 284
    icemantoo said:

    Weather

    The weather could not be any nicer for tody's events here in Michigan.

     

    Icemantoo

    Where?

    Are you Iceman? 

    I'm in Ann Arbor

  • aamdsi
    aamdsi Member Posts: 284
    donna_lee said:

    I'm wishing you luck...

    Here's hoping the results are totally Underwhelming, Blah, etc.

    Donna

    Thank you Donna

    Practicing my "Ho-Hum" look now

  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,360 Member
    aamdsi said:

    Where?

    Are you Iceman? 

    I'm in Ann Arbor

    Where am I?

    I live in West Bloomfiel and work in Novi. Close to AA.

     

    Icemantoo

  • GSRon
    GSRon Member Posts: 1,303
    icemantoo said:

    Where am I?

    I live in West Bloomfiel and work in Novi. Close to AA.

     

    Icemantoo

    Go Lions..!
    Ron 

    Go Lions..!

    Ron Cool

  • APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    GSRon said:

    Go Lions..!
    Ron 

    Go Lions..!

    Ron Cool

     We had our surgeries pretty

     We had our surgeries pretty close together. My follow up are comong up fast too and getting a bit nervous myself. All the very best to you and hoping for great news!

  • aamdsi
    aamdsi Member Posts: 284
    So far so good

    No news on scan yet, but blood tests came back great.  Told me to keep running and the Dr. looks forward to stories from my crazy run in 2 weeks.  

    He told me if all is clear, I don't need to come back for a year! 

    Wish the scans had come back while there though, tough still not knowing.

    My hubby took me out for breakfast at our favorite spot after - that made that horrid drink they give you ALMOST worth it...almost.

    Iceman - you are very close 8-). In a strange way, that's nice to know.  How did you fair with the storms last weekend?  We (A2) were missed for the most part.

    Apny, I wish you much luck!  When is yours?

  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,360 Member
    aamdsi said:

    So far so good

    No news on scan yet, but blood tests came back great.  Told me to keep running and the Dr. looks forward to stories from my crazy run in 2 weeks.  

    He told me if all is clear, I don't need to come back for a year! 

    Wish the scans had come back while there though, tough still not knowing.

    My hubby took me out for breakfast at our favorite spot after - that made that horrid drink they give you ALMOST worth it...almost.

    Iceman - you are very close 8-). In a strange way, that's nice to know.  How did you fair with the storms last weekend?  We (A2) were missed for the most part.

    Apny, I wish you much luck!  When is yours?

    storms

    We missed any damage, but I have heard some bad stories from South Oakland County. Like sewaee backed up in basements in whole neighborhoods.

     

     

    Icemantoo

  • APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    icemantoo said:

    storms

    We missed any damage, but I have heard some bad stories from South Oakland County. Like sewaee backed up in basements in whole neighborhoods.

     

     

    Icemantoo

    Great to hear the blood work

    Great to hear the blood work is good and hoping scan results will be equally goo :) I have kidney function scheduled for the 19th and blood work, x-ray, and scan on the 23d. Thanks for the good wishes!

  • APny said:

    Great to hear the blood work

    Great to hear the blood work is good and hoping scan results will be equally goo :) I have kidney function scheduled for the 19th and blood work, x-ray, and scan on the 23d. Thanks for the good wishes!

    APny, let us know how it

    APny, let us know how it goes.  IIRC, you went to Dr. Russo too.  BTW, I feel like I am almost 100% since by surgery on July 10.  I went running last Saturday for the first time, and I felt great.

  • APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member

    APny, let us know how it

    APny, let us know how it goes.  IIRC, you went to Dr. Russo too.  BTW, I feel like I am almost 100% since by surgery on July 10.  I went running last Saturday for the first time, and I felt great.

    Yes, it was Dr. Russo :) Glad

    Yes, it was Dr. Russo :) Glad to hear you're almost 100 percent. Isn't it great when you can resume your normal activities?

  • aamdsi
    aamdsi Member Posts: 284
    glad to hear

    Postive that you're back to running.  Doesn't it feel great to be able to resume things like that?  Every time I put on the running shoes I feel so much better.

    That was one of the main things my Doc said to continue yesterday since it also is my stress reducer and outlook better-er 8-)

    APny - still waiting on scan results - but you're right.  Blood work looking good is a very good sign, yet still am stressing over lack of the results 8-(  I forgot, is your scan on the 19th?  That would be better since by the 23rd you'd have the results 8-)

    Iceman, my coworker's basement had 3' of the yuck!  8-(  A2 just seems to have this bubble over it and all the bad weather and such blow over an around us.  Sigh - and I LOVE storms 8-)

  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,360 Member
    aamdsi said:

    glad to hear

    Postive that you're back to running.  Doesn't it feel great to be able to resume things like that?  Every time I put on the running shoes I feel so much better.

    That was one of the main things my Doc said to continue yesterday since it also is my stress reducer and outlook better-er 8-)

    APny - still waiting on scan results - but you're right.  Blood work looking good is a very good sign, yet still am stressing over lack of the results 8-(  I forgot, is your scan on the 19th?  That would be better since by the 23rd you'd have the results 8-)

    Iceman, my coworker's basement had 3' of the yuck!  8-(  A2 just seems to have this bubble over it and all the bad weather and such blow over an around us.  Sigh - and I LOVE storms 8-)

    As we speak

    Laurie,

     

     

    You (AA) and I (WB) are scheduled for another couple of inches of rain in the next few hours.

     

    Icemantoo

  • aamdsi
    aamdsi Member Posts: 284
    icemantoo said:

    As we speak

    Laurie,

     

     

    You (AA) and I (WB) are scheduled for another couple of inches of rain in the next few hours.

     

    Icemantoo

    Quack/ribbit

    Ducks are frogs are already happy here 8-)  Funny, students just don't seem to know what umbrellas are though! 

     

    My Dad refers to this kind of rain as, "A frog strangler" 8-)

  • APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    aamdsi said:

    Quack/ribbit

    Ducks are frogs are already happy here 8-)  Funny, students just don't seem to know what umbrellas are though! 

     

    My Dad refers to this kind of rain as, "A frog strangler" 8-)

    Yes, waiting for scan results

    Yes, waiting for scan results is so stressfull. Mine is the 23d, which is kind of strange because that's the day I also meet with surgeon for follow up discussion. I'm hoping he'll have the results since it's being done in the same place (Sloan Kettering). Hoping for really good news for you!

  • aamdsi
    aamdsi Member Posts: 284
    APny said:

    Yes, waiting for scan results

    Yes, waiting for scan results is so stressfull. Mine is the 23d, which is kind of strange because that's the day I also meet with surgeon for follow up discussion. I'm hoping he'll have the results since it's being done in the same place (Sloan Kettering). Hoping for really good news for you!

    Same with me

    My scans were done in the same hospital as my Dr. too.  But the knowing the sheer size of the place (Univ. of MI), they might still being carried up to my Doctor's office 8-(

  • Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    aamdsi said:

    Same with me

    My scans were done in the same hospital as my Dr. too.  But the knowing the sheer size of the place (Univ. of MI), they might still being carried up to my Doctor's office 8-(

    Wishing you all great scan

    Wishing you all great scan results!!!

    Hugs,

    Jojo

  • aamdsi said:

    Same with me

    My scans were done in the same hospital as my Dr. too.  But the knowing the sheer size of the place (Univ. of MI), they might still being carried up to my Doctor's office 8-(

    aamdsi, I hope and trust

    aamdsi, I hope and trust everything will be OK with your scans.  It is great getting back to "normal". 

  • aamdsi
    aamdsi Member Posts: 284
    YIPPEEE

    All clear.  6 months for a follow up and 12 months for next scan.

    Was so happy to hear the news, I teared up (silly eh?) then went and got a latte as a reward 8-)

    APny - good news will be yours next!