I got the appointments for my consultations

Ro10
Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561

I got a call  today that I will see the radiation onocologist and the thorasic surgeon next Friday  the 29 th. I will get a repeat CAT scan of the chest that morning.  The surgeon likes the scan to be within 30 days.   So I hope that means I am a candidate for either the cyber knife or surgery.  I am hoping for the cyber knife.  Barnes is about 2 1/2 hours from Quincy, so I am glad they arranged both appointments the same day.  Please keep me in your prayers.

«1

Comments

  • Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,081 Member
    In my prayers!

    Hi Ro:

    I hope you can get the cyber knife.   I know how it is to travel to appointments.  I also travel 2 1/2 to 3 hours for my appointments and it is great when you can get several things done at the same time.

    You will definitely be in my prayers.   My best to you on August 29th.

    (((Hugs)))

    Kathy

  • cheerful
    cheerful Member Posts: 261 Member

    Hi Ro:

      I will keep you in my prayers as to what is decided for you.  I hope you can get the cyber knife.  Good luck with it.

    Cheerful

    a/k/a Jane

        

  • nempark
    nempark Member Posts: 681
    SUCH A TROOPER!!!!!!

    Ro, you have endured so much and have been quite successful with your treatments.  I am sure this will be just another hurdle for you and you will be successful with whatever treatment is chosen for you.  Off course, you are in my prayers even as I send you this message.  Keep us informed. I am also praying that you keep calm through this phase and have a good measure of peace.

  • NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,034 Member
    Ro, I pray for all the ladies

    Ro, I pray for all the ladies here regularly but I'll add a little something extra in there for you! 

  • Sisters three
    Sisters three Member Posts: 165 Member

    Ro, I pray for all the ladies

    Ro, I pray for all the ladies here regularly but I'll add a little something extra in there for you! 

    Yes, in my prayers!

    I pray for your health and that you get some rest from worrying. I had a family member who had cyber knife and it worked well for her. 

  • sunflash
    sunflash Member Posts: 197

    Ro, I pray for all the ladies

    Ro, I pray for all the ladies here regularly but I'll add a little something extra in there for you! 

     

    You've got my

     

    You've got my prayers.....praying for the best for you!

     

     

  • Ardnasnit
    Ardnasnit Member Posts: 29 Member
    Ro I will be praying for you.

    Ro I will be praying for you.

  • Judemo
    Judemo Member Posts: 149 Member
    Ardnasnit said:

    Ro I will be praying for you.

    Ro I will be praying for you.

    In my prayers

    you are in my prayers Ro, hang in there!

     

  • debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095
    Ro10

    Prayers going up!  If ever anyone deserves a break in this journey it's you!  Praying for the cyber knife and a safe trrip.  Best, Debra

  • HellieC
    HellieC Member Posts: 524 Member
    Prayers being offered

    Prayers being offered for you, Ro.  I do hope that Cyberknife is an option for that pesky node. 

    I'm still waiting to hear if the National Health Service here in England will fund my Cyberknife for the tumour in my pelvis.  The cogs turn very slowly here and it is mighty frustrating!  If they refuse (they probably will), then I will fund it myself.  Hoping to know within the next month.

    Good luck for the 29th.

    Helen x

  • Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644
    Hi, Ro

    Hi, Ro,

    It pleases me to hear that you are a likely candidate for either the cyber knife or surgery.   I, too, hope that you can have the cyber knife.  I have been impressed with what I have heard and read about cyber knife treatment.  You remain in my prayers, Ro, as is true of all the others who post here.  I will say a special prayer for you on August 29th, asking that you receive good news about your treatment and that when it is all said and done, this will prove to be just a tiny bump in the road of life for you. 

    Hugs to you,

    Cathy

  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832
    Abbycat2 said:

    Hi, Ro

    Hi, Ro,

    It pleases me to hear that you are a likely candidate for either the cyber knife or surgery.   I, too, hope that you can have the cyber knife.  I have been impressed with what I have heard and read about cyber knife treatment.  You remain in my prayers, Ro, as is true of all the others who post here.  I will say a special prayer for you on August 29th, asking that you receive good news about your treatment and that when it is all said and done, this will prove to be just a tiny bump in the road of life for you. 

    Hugs to you,

    Cathy

    Good luck

    Hi Ro-

    So glad you continue to have options and have appointments set up.  Hope everything goes really well at both appointments and a plan of attack is set in place.

     

    Suzanne

  • ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,613 Member

    Good luck

    Hi Ro-

    So glad you continue to have options and have appointments set up.  Hope everything goes really well at both appointments and a plan of attack is set in place.

     

    Suzanne

    Hey, Ro

    I'm with you.  I put your appointment date on my calendar so I remember  to concentrate extra hard that day

  • ellen5121
    ellen5121 Member Posts: 6
    ConnieSW said:

    Hey, Ro

    I'm with you.  I put your appointment date on my calendar so I remember  to concentrate extra hard that day

    Sending and Receiving Support

    I'm sending a note of cyber support to Ro10 and all of the other warriors on this site who share their experiences, knowledge and mechanisms for coping day to day. Hoping that Ro's follow-up appointment leads to a very good outcome. 

    Ellen

  • Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561
    ellen5121 said:

    Sending and Receiving Support

    I'm sending a note of cyber support to Ro10 and all of the other warriors on this site who share their experiences, knowledge and mechanisms for coping day to day. Hoping that Ro's follow-up appointment leads to a very good outcome. 

    Ellen

    Thank you everyone

    I appreciate the kind words and prayers.  I knew I could count on you for prayers.  I have my CAT scan at 8:00, see the surgeon at 10:30 and see the radiation onocologist at 1:00.  A full day.  We are staying at my sister's Thursday night, so we won't have to leave quite so early.  I'll see my other two sisters, too, so it will be a good distraction.  

    Helen I hope you hear soon that your cyber knife is going to be paid for.  Waiting is so hard.  

    Thanks again.  I'll let you know what I find out Friday.  Hope you are all having a good day.

  • TeresaB3346
    TeresaB3346 Member Posts: 3
    Best of luck, Ro.  Praying

    Best of luck, Ro.  Praying for you!

  • laura25
    laura25 Member Posts: 178
    Ro10 said:

    Thank you everyone

    I appreciate the kind words and prayers.  I knew I could count on you for prayers.  I have my CAT scan at 8:00, see the surgeon at 10:30 and see the radiation onocologist at 1:00.  A full day.  We are staying at my sister's Thursday night, so we won't have to leave quite so early.  I'll see my other two sisters, too, so it will be a good distraction.  

    Helen I hope you hear soon that your cyber knife is going to be paid for.  Waiting is so hard.  

    Thanks again.  I'll let you know what I find out Friday.  Hope you are all having a good day.

    Thinking of you

    Just wanted to let you know I will be thinking of you and praying also.  I thought of you last week... I was fortunate enough to take my daughter on vacation to Paris and London.  It was such a wonderful trip.   I hope you enjoyed Norway, I heard its beautiful. 

    xoxo

  • Stabler
    Stabler Member Posts: 51
    Keeping you in my

    Keeping you in my prayers.

    Debbie

  • TAyers
    TAyers Member Posts: 86
    Answer to prayer

    Ro, 

    I am so glad your able to be a candidate for the cyberknife, I will continue to pray for you. I admired your courage and realism. We have the same diagnosis and staging and so far 2 years out I am still NED. Take care! Enjoy your visit with family.

  • debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095
    Ro10 said:

    Thank you everyone

    I appreciate the kind words and prayers.  I knew I could count on you for prayers.  I have my CAT scan at 8:00, see the surgeon at 10:30 and see the radiation onocologist at 1:00.  A full day.  We are staying at my sister's Thursday night, so we won't have to leave quite so early.  I'll see my other two sisters, too, so it will be a good distraction.  

    Helen I hope you hear soon that your cyber knife is going to be paid for.  Waiting is so hard.  

    Thanks again.  I'll let you know what I find out Friday.  Hope you are all having a good day.

    Praying!

    You've got this Ro!  You are the defination of surviver!  God has got you in the palm of  His Hand!  Best, Debrajo