Welcome to the new Cancer Survivors Network website! Existing members can click HERE to review the changes and new features on CSN.

Feeling Very Strange Today

Eims
Eims Member Posts: 423

Hi everyone,  well its exactly 1 year today that I was told that I had kidney cancer and I feel very weird about it all.  Its been a rollercoaster of a year and I am grateful I am still here.  My mind seems to be playing games with me at the moment and I just keep thinking its going to come back even though I get lots of positives from you all here.......I know there are so many out there worse off than me......really I do but I still get scared and I thank you all for being here to listen to me and my concerns.

 

eims x

Comments

  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,358 **
    Multiplication

    Elms,

     

    Before you know it those years will multiply and you will be helping me with the newbies. Faye across the street from me had her neph. at age 64 and she will be 100 in 18 years. I am barely in double digets.

     

     Now that you are well over the shock of the C word, ware it with a badge of honor.

     

    Icemantoo

  • Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945
    Hey Eims,
    I know it plays on

    Hey Eims,

    I know it plays on the mind, and right now I am probably one of the last people you feel could offer any reassurance!.. but you are doing so well! I think maybe you should accept that you will have moments when you will be scared, it is a natural response after all, but try not to let it dominate your thoughts! 

     

    Djinnie x

     

  • Eims
    Eims Member Posts: 423
    icemantoo said:

    Multiplication

    Elms,

     

    Before you know it those years will multiply and you will be helping me with the newbies. Faye across the street from me had her neph. at age 64 and she will be 100 in 18 years. I am barely in double digets.

     

     Now that you are well over the shock of the C word, ware it with a badge of honor.

     

    Icemantoo

    awww thanks icemantoo, i

    awww thanks icemantoo, i think its because last christmas was such a blur and when i look at my children this year i realise how lucky i am even if we did go through a lot over the last few months......i just feel very emotional and i have learned so much over the last few months.  

    eims x

  • Eims
    Eims Member Posts: 423
    Djinnie said:

    Hey Eims,
    I know it plays on

    Hey Eims,

    I know it plays on the mind, and right now I am probably one of the last people you feel could offer any reassurance!.. but you are doing so well! I think maybe you should accept that you will have moments when you will be scared, it is a natural response after all, but try not to let it dominate your thoughts! 

     

    Djinnie x

     

    Djinnie I really wish we

    Djinnie I really wish we lived closer to each other and I would call around and have a good ol cup of rosie lee and give you a big ol hug......

    Eims x

  • Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945
    Eims said:

    Djinnie I really wish we

    Djinnie I really wish we lived closer to each other and I would call around and have a good ol cup of rosie lee and give you a big ol hug......

    Eims x

    A nice cup of char!!

    Oh! Eims that would be great, I'll stick the kettle on you bring the chocolate digestives! :)

     

    Djinnie x

  • Eims
    Eims Member Posts: 423
    Djinnie said:

    A nice cup of char!!

    Oh! Eims that would be great, I'll stick the kettle on you bring the chocolate digestives! :)

     

    Djinnie x

    oooooo a large packet of hob

    oooooo a large packet of hob nobs or walkers shortbread!!!

    Eims x

  • Smitty65
    Smitty65 Member Posts: 12
    A little payback

    I really appeciate your comments on my thread.  I feel the same way all the time too.  So lets beat this together. We are better and stronger then cancer! Now get out of the house get a massage, a nice dinner, a big glass of wine, and remember to thank god for the great things in your life.

     

    Smitty

  • tonib
    tonib Member Posts: 33
    Eims said:

    awww thanks icemantoo, i

    awww thanks icemantoo, i think its because last christmas was such a blur and when i look at my children this year i realise how lucky i am even if we did go through a lot over the last few months......i just feel very emotional and i have learned so much over the last few months.  

    eims x

    I am feeling the same

    I am feeling the same way.....this Christmas is seeming like it is just going by and I am a bystander.  I am trying to get "into" the holiday spirit....I have decorated and baked & shopped, but it is just not the same as it always is.

  • GSRon
    GSRon Member Posts: 1,303
    Smitty65 said:

    A little payback

    I really appeciate your comments on my thread.  I feel the same way all the time too.  So lets beat this together. We are better and stronger then cancer! Now get out of the house get a massage, a nice dinner, a big glass of wine, and remember to thank god for the great things in your life.

     

    Smitty

    Eims.. first love the new

    Eims.. first love the new pic..!  I (we) all have our moments... some moments last longer than others... but please keep your chin up..!!  Expect you to be around for a bunch of decades yet..!!

    Ron Wink

  • Eims
    Eims Member Posts: 423
    GSRon said:

    Eims.. first love the new

    Eims.. first love the new pic..!  I (we) all have our moments... some moments last longer than others... but please keep your chin up..!!  Expect you to be around for a bunch of decades yet..!!

    Ron Wink

    thank you all.....you brought

    thank you all.....you brought a little tear to my eye this morning here on a dark and dreary friday in ireland....but all of you just gave me a bright and sunny smile....xxx