Remember friends that are gone.

lp1964
lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member

When someone on this forum passes away, we promise to the family and to ourselves that we never forget them. And we don't. The Day of the Dead or Halloween just passed and I dont know why I didn't bring this up then, but I'd like to start a thread when everyone of us amoungst the living would write down the name of a friend who is not with us anymore. If we forget someone you can repeat.

I go first: KENNYD

«13

Comments

  • Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,623 Member
    I remember

    Lovekitties did this for Memorial Day and I really appreciated it. 

    Thanks for starting this thread. 

    I remember: Doc Hawk and Vickilg who both passed away on the same day, July 18th. 

  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Just to clarify Day of the

    Just to clarify Day of the Dead in Latin countries is like Memorial Day in the USA?  A day to honor those who have passed on.

  • lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    ketziah35 said:

    Just to clarify Day of the

    Just to clarify Day of the Dead in Latin countries is like Memorial Day in the USA?  A day to honor those who have passed on.

    Interestingly...

    ...All Saints Day which is about remembering the dead is on November 1st in Catholic countries in Europe. People go to the cemeteries at night with flowers and decorate the tombs with a lot of candles.

    We can't do this too often. We owe this to our friends to honor their pain and suffering, the bravery and strength they demonstrated.

    Laz

  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111
    Gone but never forgottwn.....

    My hubby George on 10/29/2012 after his 3 1/2 year battle.  Other names from the board that come to mind, but there are so many more are:  Mike49, Crow 71 (Roger), Butterfly23 (age 40), Lizbiz (age 34), Patti (Itapp age a42), Lizzydavis, AnnCan, Kenny S, Linda Liess, Bucklworth (Blake), Lisa42, Eric38, Jenny (Idlehunters), Shayenne (mom to 4, only in her 40's), JohnSFO, Brant Walton, M.D (age 34), Buzzard, my friend Ron Lagodna (age 48), Erica Paul, Westie66, Paula G's hubby JR,  LivinginNH's hubby Rick, .....

    So very heartbreaking thinking of these wonderful people, many of whom were so very young with young children....

    Hugs - Tina

  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Since Memorial Day 2013

     

    May 11, 2013              Kenny H.                     Kenneth Herber

     

    June 29, 2013              ABackho                      Andrew Backhouse

     

    July 2, 2013                 Steved                          Steve Dinniss

     

    July 18, 2013               Vickilg                          Vicki Lyn Gonzalez

     

    July 18, 2013               Doc_Hawk                  Ray Poulsen

     

    July 22, 2013               Westie66                      Cheryl Pearce

     

    August 7, 2013 Chelsea71’s husband    Steve

     

    August 16, 2013           rls67 mother-in-law

     

    August 16,2013            scared99’s mom

     

    August 23, 2013           Marieanne313’s aunt

     

    August 27, 2013           belindahill’s husband     Ian

     

    August 27, 2013           Winter Marie’s sister-in-law

     

    August 29, 2013           taraHK                         Tara Whitehill

     

    October 27, 2013        Renw                           Ren


    Here are the links to other years I had done.  It is worth reading the thread because other's often added their own special rememberances.

     

     

    http://csn.cancer.org/node/240734

     

    http://csn.cancer.org/node/259293

     

  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456

    Since Memorial Day 2013

     

    May 11, 2013              Kenny H.                     Kenneth Herber

     

    June 29, 2013              ABackho                      Andrew Backhouse

     

    July 2, 2013                 Steved                          Steve Dinniss

     

    July 18, 2013               Vickilg                          Vicki Lyn Gonzalez

     

    July 18, 2013               Doc_Hawk                  Ray Poulsen

     

    July 22, 2013               Westie66                      Cheryl Pearce

     

    August 7, 2013 Chelsea71’s husband    Steve

     

    August 16, 2013           rls67 mother-in-law

     

    August 16,2013            scared99’s mom

     

    August 23, 2013           Marieanne313’s aunt

     

    August 27, 2013           belindahill’s husband     Ian

     

    August 27, 2013           Winter Marie’s sister-in-law

     

    August 29, 2013           taraHK                         Tara Whitehill

     

    October 27, 2013        Renw                           Ren


    Here are the links to other years I had done.  It is worth reading the thread because other's often added their own special rememberances.

     

     

    http://csn.cancer.org/node/240734

     

    http://csn.cancer.org/node/259293

     

    List of loved ones


    Hi Marie,

    Thank you so much for maintaining this important list.  I've meant to mention this to you before now, but this post gives me the chance to say, thank you.  And I personally believe that keeping the tradition to listing the names of our loved ones should continue to be on Memorial Day in the US. 

    All my best,

    Cynthia

  • Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169

    Since Memorial Day 2013

     

    May 11, 2013              Kenny H.                     Kenneth Herber

     

    June 29, 2013              ABackho                      Andrew Backhouse

     

    July 2, 2013                 Steved                          Steve Dinniss

     

    July 18, 2013               Vickilg                          Vicki Lyn Gonzalez

     

    July 18, 2013               Doc_Hawk                  Ray Poulsen

     

    July 22, 2013               Westie66                      Cheryl Pearce

     

    August 7, 2013 Chelsea71’s husband    Steve

     

    August 16, 2013           rls67 mother-in-law

     

    August 16,2013            scared99’s mom

     

    August 23, 2013           Marieanne313’s aunt

     

    August 27, 2013           belindahill’s husband     Ian

     

    August 27, 2013           Winter Marie’s sister-in-law

     

    August 29, 2013           taraHK                         Tara Whitehill

     

    October 27, 2013        Renw                           Ren


    Here are the links to other years I had done.  It is worth reading the thread because other's often added their own special rememberances.

     

     

    http://csn.cancer.org/node/240734

     

    http://csn.cancer.org/node/259293

     

    Thank you Marie.

    Thank you Marie.

  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,715 Member
    lp1964 said:

    Interestingly...

    ...All Saints Day which is about remembering the dead is on November 1st in Catholic countries in Europe. People go to the cemeteries at night with flowers and decorate the tombs with a lot of candles.

    We can't do this too often. We owe this to our friends to honor their pain and suffering, the bravery and strength they demonstrated.

    Laz

    All Saints Day and All Souls Day

    We went to church for All Saints Day on November 1 to honor our Saints, and All Souls Day is celebrated the day after on November 2.  All the people who have passed before are remembered on those days.  Everytime an old post comes up I'll see someone on there that has passed and remember almost everything about them and their personality.  It shouldn't be a sad memory but a happy one that you have been Blessed to know them.

    Kim

  • UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019
    WOW!

    I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. How heartbreaking! I'm fairly new to the site, but have read many of Ren's posts. I've heard discussion of people who have lost relatives, and my heart breaks every time. May God bless each and every one of them. Thank God they are without pain. 

  • rls67
    rls67 Member Posts: 127
    Thank you,

    For starting this post and thank you Love Kitties for posting all we have lost. I to have tears in my eyes as I typr this. God Bless you all and all of our friends and family who have passed.

  • A Little Off Context

    As many of you who follow CSN may know I was active as a critical care paramedic in a major metro area for 13 yrs and then 2 yrs in Iraq & Kuwait. Ambulance personell running 8 to 12 calls every 12 hr shift see a lot.  To do your job you have to be a duck and just let the hard calls roll off your back.  Each critical patient is an object you have been trained to take care of. Concentration on the affliction and not the person is key to providing the best care possible. Many times after a bad outcome on a cardiac arrest in the home of the deceased I have ignored orders from dispatch to clear for another call because I would not leave a grieving widow or widower until a close relative or clergy arrived.  Spending that time gave me a chance to look around the room and see pictures, knicknacks, heirlooms, and such on display. Seeing those things and comforting the survivor turned my patient into a person, a life, a family member who had left a legacy behind.

    That's the reason I no longer work the streets. It got to where I was not able to separate the job from the person. I don't have or need nightmares to remind me of the lives I've held in my hands and couldn't stop them from dieing.

    I think that's the reason I keep coming back to this site.  Though we've never actually met in person, many of you have become a part of my life as we share a bond of compassion, and physical knowledge of what each other is going through.

    Remembering is good. It's part of the glue that holds us together. It's what helps us breath a little life back into the treasured souls that have gone before us.

    Thank you for this thread and all of your friendship.  Dan 

  • marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    Tears

    This is so hard to read, tears rolling down my face........

    • all these people fought so hard
    • so many sent me wonderful posts throughout my ordeal
    • they are all around my age

    I know that their pain is finally gone for them.

    Cancer really, really sucks!

    God, rest all their beautiful souls.

  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    I forgot Peter. 6/2010.

    I forgot Peter. 6/2010.

  • annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571
    I miss Buckwirth...

    I know he could be a little crusty at times, but he was kind to me when I first joined the forum.

  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member

    Since Memorial Day 2013

     

    May 11, 2013              Kenny H.                     Kenneth Herber

     

    June 29, 2013              ABackho                      Andrew Backhouse

     

    July 2, 2013                 Steved                          Steve Dinniss

     

    July 18, 2013               Vickilg                          Vicki Lyn Gonzalez

     

    July 18, 2013               Doc_Hawk                  Ray Poulsen

     

    July 22, 2013               Westie66                      Cheryl Pearce

     

    August 7, 2013 Chelsea71’s husband    Steve

     

    August 16, 2013           rls67 mother-in-law

     

    August 16,2013            scared99’s mom

     

    August 23, 2013           Marieanne313’s aunt

     

    August 27, 2013           belindahill’s husband     Ian

     

    August 27, 2013           Winter Marie’s sister-in-law

     

    August 29, 2013           taraHK                         Tara Whitehill

     

    October 27, 2013        Renw                           Ren


    Here are the links to other years I had done.  It is worth reading the thread because other's often added their own special rememberances.

     

     

    http://csn.cancer.org/node/240734

     

    http://csn.cancer.org/node/259293

     

    If I have missed any

    I was reminded that I did not have devotion10's husband on this list.  I have added him to the one I keep, but can't edit the list here.

    If anyone else has noticed someone else not mentioned, please don't hesitate to let me know.

    Marie who loves kitties

  • lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    unknown said:

    A Little Off Context

    As many of you who follow CSN may know I was active as a critical care paramedic in a major metro area for 13 yrs and then 2 yrs in Iraq & Kuwait. Ambulance personell running 8 to 12 calls every 12 hr shift see a lot.  To do your job you have to be a duck and just let the hard calls roll off your back.  Each critical patient is an object you have been trained to take care of. Concentration on the affliction and not the person is key to providing the best care possible. Many times after a bad outcome on a cardiac arrest in the home of the deceased I have ignored orders from dispatch to clear for another call because I would not leave a grieving widow or widower until a close relative or clergy arrived.  Spending that time gave me a chance to look around the room and see pictures, knicknacks, heirlooms, and such on display. Seeing those things and comforting the survivor turned my patient into a person, a life, a family member who had left a legacy behind.

    That's the reason I no longer work the streets. It got to where I was not able to separate the job from the person. I don't have or need nightmares to remind me of the lives I've held in my hands and couldn't stop them from dieing.

    I think that's the reason I keep coming back to this site.  Though we've never actually met in person, many of you have become a part of my life as we share a bond of compassion, and physical knowledge of what each other is going through.

    Remembering is good. It's part of the glue that holds us together. It's what helps us breath a little life back into the treasured souls that have gone before us.

    Thank you for this thread and all of your friendship.  Dan 

    Dear Dan,

    I completely understand your past struggle. I am a very consciences person as well and have hard time separating my job and my personal life. In order to help others many times I sacrificed too much of my own. I tried many times to balanced the two, but it was only a temporary success. If you create a bond with someone you have to realize that if that bond is broken it will tear a part of you with it. You have to pay a price for love, but for people like us it's worth it and actually essential. 

    Laz

  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324

    I miss Buckwirth...

    I know he could be a little crusty at times, but he was kind to me when I first joined the forum.

    So Many Wonderful People Come To Mind

    Remembering our Buzzard, who was the first to reach out to JBG & me, Lisa42, who had such hope, our very special Jenny, & oh so many others over the years.

    Would like to add my Ron, JBG's stepfather, who lost his battle with H&N and Lung Cancer on May 5 of this year.

    Each was very special in our lives.

     

    Wolfen

  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278
    Thanks for keeping the good

    Thanks for keeping the good friend's memories alive.

     

    Best Always,   mike

  • lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    Let's not forget...

    ..Jeff just recently.

    Laz

  • Eltina21
    Eltina21 Member Posts: 173

    I would like to remember my beautiful mother, Rachel, who passed away 19 years ago from this disease at age 72.  Medicine has come a long way since 1994.  Her strength gave me the courage to fight when I was diagnosed in 2010 with the same disease.  Thankfully, I am am cancer free and my port was removed in August, 2013. I know that she is soaring as an angel.  I also wish to thank everyone on this site who always give comfort and support.  May you all have a blessed day.