Welcome to the new Cancer Survivors Network website! Existing members can click HERE to review the changes and new features on CSN.

I am happy to report nothing....

dhs1963
dhs1963 Member Posts: 513

As in nothing growing inside of me; no evidence of disease.

Maybe it is possible to beat sarcomitoid metastatic renal cell carcinoma.

50 or so more NED's and I am done:  6 quartly scans, 4 6 month scans, and then 40 annual scans will take me to 94.

 

Comments

  • angec
    angec Member Posts: 924
    FANTASTIC!  DHS, remind me,

    FANTASTIC!  DHS, remind me, please, what meds are you on if any? That is GREAT NEWS!

  • todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448
    Great news!

    Congratulations. Glad to hear it.

    Todd

  • dhs1963
    dhs1963 Member Posts: 513
    angec said:

    FANTASTIC!  DHS, remind me,

    FANTASTIC!  DHS, remind me, please, what meds are you on if any? That is GREAT NEWS!

    No Meds....Just Surgery

    I had a solitary met.  They cut it out.  Endo fo story, for now.

  • Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945

    Congratulations! That is great news! 

    Djinnie

  • TillieSOK
    TillieSOK Member Posts: 252
    dhs1963 said:

    No Meds....Just Surgery

    I had a solitary met.  They cut it out.  Endo fo story, for now.

    That is wonderful news!!!!

    That is wonderful news!!!!

  • cran1
    cran1 Member Posts: 139
    Great news! 

    Great news! 

  • GSRon
    GSRon Member Posts: 1,303
    cran1 said:

    Great news! 

    Great news! 

    Gotta love the good news.!

    Gotta love the good news.!

  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    WAY COOOOOL...

    DUDE!!!

  • BDS
    BDS Member Posts: 172
    Nothing!

    Awesome!  Smile

  • izzycohen
    izzycohen Member Posts: 80
    I am happy to read you are reporting nothing.

    Congrats on the scan!!

     

    Izzy

  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,358 **
    izzycohen said:

    I am happy to read you are reporting nothing.

    Congrats on the scan!!

     

    Izzy

    All the better

    DHS,

     

    The NED is all the better where their was a little hiccup earlier.

     

    Icemantoo

  • jknorth
    jknorth Member Posts: 44
    So what are you not eating or drinking

    Whats the possible secret. Is salt bad and is downing lots of water really needed. Are you intentionally doing anything different than before. 

  • dhs1963
    dhs1963 Member Posts: 513
    jknorth said:

    So what are you not eating or drinking

    Whats the possible secret. Is salt bad and is downing lots of water really needed. Are you intentionally doing anything different than before. 

    I am doing nothing different.

    The doctors cut out the tumor, and cut out the met.  The only difference is I am now on a blood thinner for unrelated health issues  (caridiac stent).  I am also younger than most of the crowd here (49)

    I figure I have between 40 and 50 more NED's in my life, if I am lucky. 

  • dhs1963
    dhs1963 Member Posts: 513
    icemantoo said:

    All the better

    DHS,

     

    The NED is all the better where their was a little hiccup earlier.

     

    Icemantoo

    It is a different beast after mets

    Once you have distant mets, you know the cancer has traveled far.  You hope that nothing starts growing, but you know there are probably cancer cells in the blood. 

    My first scan, at six months, I was not worried.  That is when they found the solitary lung met.  Now I worry a little bit.

    The other good news is my kidney function improved enough to allow me to get IV contrast

     

  • DMike
    DMike Member Posts: 259
    dhs1963 said:

    I am doing nothing different.

    The doctors cut out the tumor, and cut out the met.  The only difference is I am now on a blood thinner for unrelated health issues  (caridiac stent).  I am also younger than most of the crowd here (49)

    I figure I have between 40 and 50 more NED's in my life, if I am lucky. 

    Great News!

    Great news David! I hope you're enjoying the GTi more than ever.  

    David

  • alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896
    Nothing

    You rock DHS! Congratulations!

  • dhs1963
    dhs1963 Member Posts: 513
    DMike said:

    Great News!

    Great news David! I hope you're enjoying the GTi more than ever.  

    David

    I smile when ever I drive it....

    Like is too short for a Toyota.