Goodbye SteveD

 

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that sadly Steve  passed away on 2/7/13. His final days were very peaceful,he was finally free from pain and at home with me by his side. He found a lot of comfort in your support throughout his illness and I would like to thank you for that and wish you all well in your own journeys with this horrible disease. The kids and I are trying our best to carry on with the huge void he has left. Lots of love kellyx ( Steves wife) 

«13

Comments

  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030
    So sorry to read this.  Big

    So sorry to read this.  Big hug!  I hate cancer!  

  • wawaju04976
    wawaju04976 Member Posts: 316
    Very sorry for your loss...

    Very sorry for your loss...

  • jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    I'm so sorry Kelly. He
    I'm so sorry Kelly. He seemed like such a good guy and it was very obvious how much he loved you and your children. The unfairness of this is heartbreaking. Take care of those babies and yourself.
  • tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,299 Member
    g'bye

    I am very sorry for your loss, Kelly.  Steve's passage is a shock even from this distance.  Thanks to both of you for your insights and sharing.  

  • Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827
    tanstaafl said:

    g'bye

    I am very sorry for your loss, Kelly.  Steve's passage is a shock even from this distance.  Thanks to both of you for your insights and sharing.  

    Steve, our friend from afar....

     

    Kelly, I am so sorry. My heart aches for you and for the children he loved so much. Steve was so insightful and helpful on this forum. He will be greatly missed by so many.  I hope and pray for peace and strength for you in the days ahead. Be gentle with yourself. 

    Cathleen Mary

  • Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    Such a sad news

    A silent hug from far away. Sending strength.

    Petra

     

  • charliesangel
    charliesangel Member Posts: 26
    Devastated....

    So sorry to hear this devastating news.... Much love and strength to you and your children x

     

  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456
    My sympathy on your loss

     

    Dear Kelly, I'm am so very sorry that you've lost your wonderful husband.  He was such a caring man, always trying to support and help others on the board.  He was such an inspiration, and will be truly missed.

    My condolences to you and your lovely family.

    Cynthia

  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576
    kelly

    oh Kelly I am so so sorry...did not expect this news quite so soon.  I am happy that Steve had a peaceful end I am sure surrounded by your love and the love of the kids. I think I felt bonded to Steve early on.....we were both stage IV and in quite a pickle and then we had that English colonial Canadian tie.  Kelly I cannot say how much  Steve meant to this board.  He was always calm and wise and his advice was thoughtful.  He seemed very modest and never bragged about his own battles. There was stunned silence for days as he decided upon and then underwent his radical surgery.

    I have no platitudes about fighting the great fight....even though he did. I will miss having Steved here on this board like a silent steady rock way across the pond....... Kelly I send you and your family deepest love and wishes....

    thank you for sharing these sad sad tidings.....

    maggie

  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    The Sounds of Silence...

    Steve's absence will echo around these halls for all that knew him...

    His story taught me many things...and I did get to thank him for that on a couple of occasions. 

    I really appreciated him talking to me a couple of weeks ago....especially after reading this news. 

    Steve was very modest and humble with his approach and his demeanor reflected that aspect of his nature.  It's hurtful that this disease has taken another fine person way before it was their time.

    I know he said he did everything for his family - and he sure did.  He set the bar plenty high for the rest of us with his example.

    Sincere condolences to you and your family during this difficult time.

    -Craig

  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117
    Sundanceh said:

    The Sounds of Silence...

    Steve's absence will echo around these halls for all that knew him...

    His story taught me many things...and I did get to thank him for that on a couple of occasions. 

    I really appreciated him talking to me a couple of weeks ago....especially after reading this news. 

    Steve was very modest and humble with his approach and his demeanor reflected that aspect of his nature.  It's hurtful that this disease has taken another fine person way before it was their time.

    I know he said he did everything for his family - and he sure did.  He set the bar plenty high for the rest of us with his example.

    Sincere condolences to you and your family during this difficult time.

    -Craig

    so sorry

    for this news i knew steve as a true fighter with unbelievable courage,for me he was our strong but silent type as he always put his family first.his knowledge and courage will be truly missed but never forgotten on this forum.see you in Heaven my friend....Godbless..johnnybegood

  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Sincere condolences

    Dear Kelly,

    Thank you so much for coming here to let us know of Steve's passing.  For those of our US friends not familiar with the European date format, the date was July 2, 2013.

    Steve showed great courage in the battle.  He came here not wanting or expecting praise for his efforts, but to share with the rest of us and to offer his insights, not only as a patient but also as a professional and a family man.

    I hope that you, your family and all who loved him will find your loss eased by sharing your memories of the good times.

    Hugs and love to you all,

    Marie who loves kitties

  • Goldie1
    Goldie1 Member Posts: 264 Member
    Our condolences...

    to you and yours on the passing of Steve.  A true gentleman, husband, and father.  

    Ellen & Pat

  • lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    Dear Kelly,

    I didn't know much about Steve since I'm just at the beginning of my journey. I knew him mainly from other people here who always praised him for his courage.

    Loosing a loved one is hard and only time can heal our emotions. There is a fine balance between hanging on to the past and looking forward to a meaningful future for you and your kids. Despite of the hard circumstances I wish all of you wisdom and the strength to maintain Steve's memory and at the same time move on with your lives which I'm sure your husbands greatest wish was.

    Lot of love from the distance,

    Laz 

  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425
    lp1964 said:

    Dear Kelly,

    I didn't know much about Steve since I'm just at the beginning of my journey. I knew him mainly from other people here who always praised him for his courage.

    Loosing a loved one is hard and only time can heal our emotions. There is a fine balance between hanging on to the past and looking forward to a meaningful future for you and your kids. Despite of the hard circumstances I wish all of you wisdom and the strength to maintain Steve's memory and at the same time move on with your lives which I'm sure your husbands greatest wish was.

    Lot of love from the distance,

    Laz 

    Steved will be greatly

    Steved will be greatly missed.....he had such a level head and was a wonderful inspiration to us all. 

  • Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169
    Kelly,
    Steve was a very

    Kelly,

    Steve was a very classy individual. He was such a source of strength and courage to so many of us. He fought such a long, hard battle and inspired so many along the way. I am sure you and the kids are very proud of all that he accomplished. He will be missed....

    I am a wife/caregiver, as well. I can imagine only an inkling of what you have been through these past years. I am sure this last year was particularly rough. I expect there were many ups and downs. I hope that you will get some peace as you and your family move forward. He was fortunate to have such a loving and devoted family. It was evident from his posts that you all meant the world to him.

    My deepest condolences,

    Chelsea
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020
    I'm sorry

    I'm sorry to hear the sad news,we will miss him greatly.

  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723
    Hugs Kelly

       I am sorry that Steve has lost his fight and his life and I am sorry that you have lost your husband and your children  their father. Cancer is hard for those who suffer it but perhaps harder for those who have to go on. Best wishes for the future to you and the children ,Hugs ,Ron.

  • Luckygirl2
    Luckygirl2 Member Posts: 308
    tears

    I am so sorry for your loss.  I was always in awh of him and his strength and determination.  There have been so many hero's on here and he was one!  Prayers and thoughts to you and your children.  He will not be forgotten.

     

    Debbie

  • Luckygirl2
    Luckygirl2 Member Posts: 308
    tears

    I am so sorry for your loss.  I was always in awh of him and his strength and determination.  There have been so many hero's on here and he was one!  Prayers and thoughts to you and your children.  He will not be forgotten.

     

    Debbie