Update on joemetz

Lovekitties
Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member

As you may recall, Joe was having trouble with a very bad sore throat.

He was admitted to hospital several days ago and it was found he had a very bad throat infection.

With their care and IV's and meds he is improving but does not expect to be able to go home for a couple of days yet.  Has to graduate to being able to eat soft foods.

Please send him your best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Marie who loves kitties

«1

Comments

  • annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571
    Thanks for letting us know, Marie.

    Very glad he's getting the care he needs to get back on his feet.

    Get better soon, Joe...we want to see your smiling face back here on the forum!  AA

  • jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member

    Thanks for letting us know, Marie.

    Very glad he's getting the care he needs to get back on his feet.

    Get better soon, Joe...we want to see your smiling face back here on the forum!  AA

    Feel better soon Joe!

    Feel better soon Joe!

  • hippiechicks
    hippiechicks Member Posts: 509
    Wishing you a speedy recovery

    Wishing you a speedy recovery Joe!  Hope you are feeling better with those meds!

  • lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member

    Wishing you a speedy recovery

    Wishing you a speedy recovery Joe!  Hope you are feeling better with those meds!

    Hey Joe,

    Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you all the time And keeping you in our hearts until you come back again.

    Hang in there for better days,

    Laz

  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324
    lp1964 said:

    Hey Joe,

    Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you all the time And keeping you in our hearts until you come back again.

    Hang in there for better days,

    Laz

    Looking For That Big Smile Again, Joe

    Thanks Marie, for the update.

    Miss that bright smile and great attitude. Be well soon, Joe and get your butt back here.

    Luv,

    Wolfen

  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632
    wolfen said:

    Looking For That Big Smile Again, Joe

    Thanks Marie, for the update.

    Miss that bright smile and great attitude. Be well soon, Joe and get your butt back here.

    Luv,

    Wolfen

    Feel better

    Hope you feel better soon Joe, my thoughts are with you,

    hugs

  • MaryCarol5
    MaryCarol5 Member Posts: 102
    Wishing you a speedy recovery

    Wishing you a speedy recovery Joe! 

    MC

  • tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,300 Member
    home sweet home

    With their care and IV's and meds he is improving but does not expect to be able to go home for a couple of days yet.... 

    We almost always expect to stay home although we're a few pieces short of an ICU right now, as long as we have a good vein, the right nurse available, and an MD that understands our requirements.   Our view is the only reason to overnight in a hospital is for surgery - too many horror stories.  Viral anything - IV sodium ascorbate, oral vitamin C and D in quantities substantially above the homeopathetic RDAs, maybe a few days chemo break if necessary (never so far) and other alternative supernutrition.   Bacterial - less likely to run into the really bad stuff at home, we've never seen anything that couldn't be broken with old generic oral antibiotics and IV vitamin C, the IV vitamin C is like a reset button on interrupting the progression of antibiotics.   My biggest worry is Saturday evening to Monday morning when everything is closed.

    Funny thing is that my wife's 1st and 2nd cousins include several doctors and dentists.  When they get sick, they go to the hospital, spend a fortune, in extremis, and perhaps die.  We always review what we would do in similar circumstances, and mostly bite our tongue.  We're staying home.

  • AnnLouise
    AnnLouise Member Posts: 276
    Joe....

    Thinking of you and your family. You have so much going on....I hope you get home soon. Everything's better at home with your family. ~ Ann

  • Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169
    Hope you're feeling better
    Hope you're feeling better soon, Joe. Will be thinking about you. Thinking about your wife, as well. Tell her there is a whole bunch of caregivers at CSN that understand how she's feeling.

    Chelsea
  • Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827
    AnnLouise said:

    Joe....

    Thinking of you and your family. You have so much going on....I hope you get home soon. Everything's better at home with your family. ~ Ann

    I do hope that you are

    I do hope that you are experiencing some relief and will soon be home.  I am glad that you are getting the care that you need.  You have had a rough course lately....hang in.  A lot of people care about you.

    Cathleen Mary

  • lauragb
    lauragb Member Posts: 370
    Joe, I hope you're recovered,

    Joe, I hope you're recovered, home and back to eating.

    Take care.  Love and light to you.

    Laura

  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456
    Hey Joe, 
    I hope that you're

    Hey Joe, 

    I hope that you're back home and into your own bed soon.  

    Feel better... 

    Cyn

  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278
    We are sending our thoughts

    We are sending our thoughts and prayers for Joe from San Diego.

     

    Best Always,  mike 

  • Luckygirl2
    Luckygirl2 Member Posts: 308
    feel better soon!

    Hey Joe! Get better soon!

    Debbie

  • dmj101
    dmj101 Member Posts: 527
    Joe. keep up the fight..

    Joe. keep up the fight.. sending you peace..

     

  • barbebarb
    barbebarb Member Posts: 464
    thinking of you
    Dear Joe
    Hope you are feeling better and are
    home.
    Wishing you the best -Barb
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Marie

    Marie,

    Thanks for letting us know.  Thinking of you Joe.  Look forward to hearing from you.

    Aloha,

    Kathleen

  • joemetz
    joemetz Member Posts: 493
    wow!!! thanks everyone!!!

    I was learking around tonight and commenting on a few posts... and came across this string.

    wow! I am humbled by the wonderful notes.

    Just for this, I am going to change my profile pic to a more recent smile (that I doctored up in a photo editing app, just to make my teeth whiter).

    I was "released" from the hospital on Sunday night. It was 7 days... and 7 days of learning more about myself, my family and this cancer fight. It was another "wake up call" to say... This sh#t is serious, take it easy and enjoy every moment and celebrate the special people in your life.  Laugh more. And, share the love more. When you love someone, tell them. If someone brings you down, avoid them. And, circle ourselves wtih the best of the best friends and family.

    If we haven't connected outside of CSN yet... please

    find me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/joe.metzger.142

    and check out my caringbride blog: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/joemetzger

    Hugs to ya'all and thank you for your friendship (however so virtual it might be).

    my best to each of you.

    Joe

     

  • Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    joemetz said:

    wow!!! thanks everyone!!!

    I was learking around tonight and commenting on a few posts... and came across this string.

    wow! I am humbled by the wonderful notes.

    Just for this, I am going to change my profile pic to a more recent smile (that I doctored up in a photo editing app, just to make my teeth whiter).

    I was "released" from the hospital on Sunday night. It was 7 days... and 7 days of learning more about myself, my family and this cancer fight. It was another "wake up call" to say... This sh#t is serious, take it easy and enjoy every moment and celebrate the special people in your life.  Laugh more. And, share the love more. When you love someone, tell them. If someone brings you down, avoid them. And, circle ourselves wtih the best of the best friends and family.

    If we haven't connected outside of CSN yet... please

    find me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/joe.metzger.142

    and check out my caringbride blog: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/joemetzger

    Hugs to ya'all and thank you for your friendship (however so virtual it might be).

    my best to each of you.

    Joe

     

    Love....

    ... that new Pic!!!!

     

    A big hug

    Petra